webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The red apologists will try, but fail, to worm their way out of this one. haha

Or sit back and laugh as others waste their lives debating over the issuance/revoking of a passport to guy who can already roam as he pleases

Well at least you no longer deny what you are. Well done.

• Like 1

Or sit back and laugh as others waste their lives debating over the issuance/revoking of a passport to guy who can already roam as he pleases

Surely you meant "....to a criminal who can roam as he pleases." Isn't that the crux of the issue?

Well done rixalex back to the more interesting topic of 473geo...........again......passport topic boring you is it?

Well done rixalex back to the more interesting topic of 473geo...........again......passport topic boring you is it?

Well 473ego, you may think governments breaking the law / ignoring the law is just fine, others don't.

• Like 1

Surely you meant "....to a criminal who can roam as he pleases." Isn't that the crux of the issue?

I think the issue is, that it was thought the removal of his passport would handicap Thaksin......it didn't......and the fact that on top of this failure it has been returned just rubbed salt into the festering wound!

Well 473ego, you may think governments breaking the law / ignoring the law is just fine, others don't.

Do the others who don't, also indulge in childish name calling , hardly a sound advert for intelligent communicators.....

I think the issue is, that it was thought the removal of his passport would handicap Thaksin......it didn't......and the fact that on top of this failure it has been returned just rubbed salt into the festering wound!

Nobody expected a lack of a Thai passport would handicap Thaksin. They expected the PM, the FM and the PTP government to obey the laws of Thailand - naively perhaps.

Despite your obfuscation, Thaksin is a fugitive criminal under Thai law, and not entitled to a passport, and that is the sole issue.

• Like 2

Was wondering if Thaksins passport is just an ordinary Thai passport.

Could it be some sort of diplomat passport?

He seems to be able to get access to heads of state and ministers in some other countries which he could not do as an ordinary citizen.

Of course the isn't an ordinary citizen he is a convicted criminal on the run with a raft of other criminal charges to answer should he ever return.

And a multi billiionare which makes everything OK I suppose.

He can buy his way into anything, except Thailand it would seem.

OzMick, your comment regarding Thaksin being a fugitive criminal under Thai law reminded me of a funny conversation I had with a Thai lady in Oz last year. When I mentioned this fact to her she flatly denied it and claimed it was a viscous lie concocted by the Democrats. Thaksin, she claimed, was simply having a "holiday" overseas and can come home any time he feels like it. ??? How long is he going to be away on holidays ?

The re-issuance of Thaksin's passport was, and remains, obviously indefensible (not to mention scandalous, criminal, anarchistic, nepotist, unethical), but we have had three pages of comments and certain factors should be taken into consideration:

1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has not seen the issue important enough to offer any explanation.

2. The PM's Office has interpreted the demand for explanation from the Ombudsman as a suggestion to retrospectively and retroactively change the Law.

3. The diatribe of re-written history and distorted timelines from IndyUK says that the passport had only been re-issued in contraversion to due process and regulation because the government (and by definition "the people") did not agree with the Law as it stands. This re-writing of history has a lot of gullible folk believing it to be true.

4. 473geo doesn't see it as defensible, just believes it to be amusing that people are taking exception to the government's flagrant abuse of power.

• Like 2

It doesn't need more months to explain. It is quite simple. Any Thai fugitive on the run from the Thai law can have a Thai passport and many others too (Montenegro, Nicaragua, Uganda, Fiji, Cambodian etc etc), if he has pots of money and good political connections with corrupt politicians at home and abroad.

Edited by Arkady

473geo thinks the people who are in opposition to Thaksin (Not any fugitive criminal) Thaksin having a passport, should really concentrate their efforts on improving the lives of the population of Thailand. You see the reality is guys the, government may have over extended its authority, but the end result will not make one iota of difference to the man concerned. So why all the fuss......because the subject matter is Thaksin and he has riled a few people who can throw a few proverbial stones. So easy to do in real life and on forums smile.png

The government 'may have' overextended their authority = broke the law

New passport not important to Thaksin = why did he ask for it?

Conclusion: obfuscation at it's best. A government breaks the law, flaunts their actions and ignores the Ombudsman and people are upset. All this just to annoy some people.

Now back to the real democratic world where governments may even fall because of illegal activities. Imagine!

• Like 1

473geo thinks the people who are in opposition to Thaksin (Not any fugitive criminal) Thaksin having a passport, should really concentrate their efforts on improving the lives of the population of Thailand. You see the reality is guys the, government may have over extended its authority, but the end result will not make one iota of difference to the man concerned. So why all the fuss......because the subject matter is Thaksin and he has riled a few people who can throw a few proverbial stones. So easy to do in real life and on forums smile.png

But it does make a difference Geo, not that it is Thaksin who has been issued the passport but that the Govt has done something Illegal, that is against the law of the country they are supposed to be governing.

Not only that, they are refusing to answer to a legal entity which has authority over them.

MP's and Cabinet Ministers are supposed to be people who can be looked up to and who set an example for the people of the country, when they flout the law as they have obviously done in this case what sort of an example is that for the people and in particular the youth of the country?

Still what can we expect when we look at the credentials and past history of so many of the PT line up.

Ombudsman is just asking........PTP clearly will have to take this seriously as it has been escalated to PM level, and once again the threat of impeachment looms, so I guess they are just checking all the detailed legalities, yes even looking for a way out of the 'favouritism' accusations......but I still maintain Thaksin having a Thai passport is not the crime of the century........but if you guys think revoking his passport and charging the government with abuse of power is a magic cure for improvement in spiralling everyday living expenses, the situation in the south, the limited work on the flood defences, the slow delivery of the tablets, the implementation of improved railways and IT infrastructure, the elimination of corruption.........well keep singing your song.....but I doubt many are finding your monotone vocals easy on the ears.....smile.png

In my experience, people who refer to themselves in the third person, usually like nothing more than when the topic is about them... wink.png

The lady doth protest too much methinks.

Ombudsman is just asking........PTP clearly will have to take this seriously as it has been escalated to PM level, and once again the threat of impeachment looms, so I guess they are just checking all the detailed legalities, yes even looking for a way out of the 'favouritism' accusations......but I still maintain Thaksin having a Thai passport is not the crime of the century........but if you guys think revoking his passport and charging the government with abuse of power is a magic cure for improvement in spiralling everyday living expenses, the situation in the south, the limited work on the flood defences, the slow delivery of the tablets, the implementation of improved railways and IT infrastructure, the elimination of corruption.........well keep singing your song.....but I doubt many are finding your monotone vocals easy on the ears.....smile.png

The problem is that the corrupt Thai government is sending a message to the international community that they disrespect their own judicial system and laws so much that a convicted criminals and fugitive from Justice is not only welcome to hold a valid Thai passport and represent Thailand internationally but also run the government by proxy. Doesn't sound very democratic to me, more like a banana dictatorship.

Edited by waza

Just because doing something will not magically solve all of the worlds problems in one fell swoop, does not render it a pointless act... what a desperate line of arguing you have resorted to, all for the sake of defending this government breaking the law...
  • Like 1

The problem is that the corrupt Thai government is sending a message to the international community that convicted criminals and fugitives from Justice are not only welcome in Thailand but they can represent the government internationally.

l guess the sooner the amnesty bill is passed the better, then this recently acquired reputation highlighted by the passport issue can be rectified

I can appreciate what you say, but history records many 'Thaksin types' who were brought down by legal means, for what some called minor infractorns, compared to the long list deeds they were guilty of.

At times assisanation was a favored mode, public exacution had a run, vigilante hanging, shooting (no avaliable tree) etc

As countries began to call themselves democratic/representative with a judical system, we seem to be forced to use the system to accomplish what needs to be done. As has been said before, our might not be a perfect system, but it is what we have to work with. Personally I can see advantage to my second paragraph, references, but then I am not guilty of what the government under pressure is.

Just because doing something will not magically solve all of the worlds problems in one fell swoop, does not render it a pointless act... what a desperate line of arguing you have resorted to, all for the sake of defending this government breaking the law...

Perhaps bending the rules....we shall see

I can appreciate what you say, but history records many 'Thaksin types' who were brought down by legal means, for what some called minor infractorns, compared to the long list deeds they were guilty of.

At times assisanation was a favored mode, public exacution had a run, vigilante hanging, shooting (no avaliable tree) etc

As countries began to call themselves democratic/representative with a judical system, we seem to be forced to use the system to accomplish what needs to be done. As has been said before, our might not be a perfect system, but it is what we have to work with. Personally I can see advantage to my second paragraph, references, but then I am not guilty of what the government under pressure is.

The favourite methodology in Thailand is amnesty, but only to be used by one side apparently....until the ballot box spoke

Edited by 473geo

The problem is that the corrupt Thai government is sending a message to the international community that convicted criminals and fugitives from Justice are not only welcome in Thailand but they can represent the government internationally.

l guess the sooner the amnesty bill is passed the better, then this recently acquired reputation highlighted by the passport issue can be rectified

Yer whitewashing a criminal doesn't mean he was innocent, he is still a criminal by nature.

The ombudsman has requested the PM to order her MoFA to revoke the illegally issued passport. That has nothing to do with the Pheu Thai party of course. Furthermore a possible 'amnesty' doesn't effect the status of k. Thaksin or his passport as the amnesty is only on political protesters, not on criminal activities.

Anyway, soon, real soon the government may run out of excuses to revoke the illegal passport. What will be next then? Pheu Thai lodging a defamation case against the Ombudsman for saying the Thaksin passport is illegal?

• Like 1

How many times do you have to be told that the subject matter is government ministers breaking the law to assist a convicted criminal? And that my friend cannot be dodged so easily. It is a legal issue not a practical matter, but please do continue with your continuous efforts to kick the matter into the long grass. Ineffective but entertaining nonetheless.
  • Like 2

473geo thinks the people who are in opposition to Thaksin (Not any fugitive criminal) Thaksin having a passport, should really concentrate their efforts on improving the lives of the population of Thailand. You see the reality is guys the, government may have over extended its authority, but the end result will not make one iota of difference to the man concerned. So why all the fuss......because the subject matter is Thaksin and he has riled a few people who can throw a few proverbial stones. So easy to do in real life and on forums Posted Image

Am I reading this right? Are you really suggesting that the Opposition (which according to you is anyone anti-Thaksin) "should really concentrate their efforts on improving the lives of the population of Thailand". Obviously the people who can directly achieve that are PTP with their massive parliamentary majority. The Opposition are trying to perform their role, but are unable to due to the arrogance and infantilism of this puppet government.

I assume your comments are intended as a wind-up