Truevisions Quality

thainet

Live in Pattaya--lately many channels have been of low quality at times--ie: pixilated screen, static sound etc.

This morning (now 10am) I have many channels like this.

Before I call Truevisions, just wanted see if anyone else is having (or had) the same problems.

Thanks for quick replies.

Truevisions quality is Zero Quality.

An engineer will never come.

The alleged upgrade was infact a downgrade.

The monthly channel guide has been reduced to a thin vague guide provided you wish for programming in evening only.

Whatever a satellite / cable provider should offer, Truevisions offer nothing except confusion.

The small man at head-office makes decisions for his own pleasure cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Well I called Truevisions in Bangsaen and told her my problem. She said the engineer would be notified.

Lo and behold he was here within two hours, found a bad LNB and I was back with clear coverage in 10 minutes.

So to me that was great service..thanks Truevisions.

Actually I have been a UBC/Truevisions customer for over 15 years and have always been impressed with their engineers service.

• Like 1

Well I called Truevisions in Bangsaen and told her my problem. She said the engineer would be notified.

Lo and behold he was here within two hours, found a bad LNB and I was back with clear coverage in 10 minutes.

Actually I have been a UBC/Truevisions customer for over 15 years and have always been impressed with their engineers service.

me too

been with them something over 10 years

always had good service

i have x4 premium package receivers and the extra a la carte channels

i enjoy most of the programming

i get program info from the on screen guide in English up to 7 days ahead

the book was useless anyway as it was all in Thai so i will not miss it

i won't miss the sports channels either and happy to have extended HD channels instead

two recent minor problems i had were fixed over the phone by a technical guy in five minutes

he did great and i told him so

its been my observation that its kinda fashionable to knock True on TV so i might be the odd voice in the darkness but i like them

i could not imagine having to cope with cable programming

that would really be roughin it.

I am in Isaan at the moment and have had the same problem for about 3 days, called true visions 2 days ago, they promised to send out an engineer, am still waiting.

Having the same problem in Chiang Mai pixllated screen ,seems worse at night (overcast ?) Technician supposed to be out today,gave me the impression I,m not the only one with a problem, we will see. How much effect do tree branches have in close proximity,never used to be a problem before.

It's funny you should post that, i live in Pattaya and have exactly the same problem. I have had Truevisions out 2 times already but it doesn't improve. I thought there might be a problem with my set up but it sounds like Truevisions are sending poor quality signals.

When i look at the signal strength it is 80%+ but the signal quality is very low.

Nothing to do with the weather, happens on a clear day. When it does rain i lose the signal altogether.

It's funny you should post that, i live in Pattaya and have exactly the same problem. I have had Truevisions out 2 times already but it doesn't improve. I thought there might be a problem with my set up but it sounds like Truevisions are sending poor quality signals.

When i look at the signal strength it is 80%+ but the signal quality is very low.

Nothing to do with the weather, happens on a clear day. When it does rain i lose the signal altogether.

i am in pattaya too

i have no such problems

not even when it rains

sorry you have

maybe the dish needs re-aligning with a meter

not just by eye by the true installers

i am in pattaya too

i have no such problems

not even when it rains

sorry you have

The odd thing is that it's worse on some channels, particularly 130 HBO HD while other channels are fine.

This is the funniest thing i have read today - so far!!!

I've binned my UBC, waste of money IMO - but not really any competition so they can charge what they want i guess.

I've binned my UBC, waste of money IMO - but not really any competition so they can charge what they want i guess.

Why is it so funny ? there are good technicians and bad technicians ,good car mechanics and bad ones ,good and bad restaurants etc etc etc ..its called the real world biggrin.png By the way CTH is now here so True have REAL competition...www.cth.th.com.

Why is it so funny ? there are good technicians and bad technicians ,good car mechanics and bad ones ,good and bad restaurants etc etc etc ..its called the real world biggrin.png By the way CTH is now here so True have REAL competition...www.cth.th.com.

You are 100% about good and bad techs / mechanics and what not, i am not disputing that.

Over the years i have had numerous visits from UBC 'engineers' ( i use the term VERY lightly ) and a very high percentage have been dimwits so my judgement, based on my experience, is valid.

CTH - thanks for the info, i will have a look at this.

i am in pattaya too

i have no such problems

not even when it rains

sorry you have

The odd thing is that it's worse on some channels, particularly 130 HBO HD while other channels are fine.

thats good information

it tells me you need either an LNB upgrade and/ or one of these

post-81023-0-99059100-1370756005_thumb.j

This morning had very bad breakup on most of the farang channels but not the Thai ones for some reason. Clear skies here in Kanchanaburi.

A local sat guy suggested atmospheric conditions are to blame at present. He also said that he suspected the True signal is not very strong as it fades at the sight of rain.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A couple nights ago, late evening , this channel was breaking up badly for me also, for at least 30 mins, however, I do not think it was a home reception problem as the True channel logos were rock steady while the rest of the pic was breaking up.

Maybe a poor signal received by True or a True internal transmission problem for this channel, and maybe others.

All ok at the moment though.

Edited by ThaidDown

i am in pattaya too

i have no such problems

not even when it rains

sorry you have

Had the same problem here in Hua Hin last month, True tech guy came round and sorted it in 5 minutes, fine ever since

i am in pattaya too

i have no such problems

not even when it rains

sorry you have

thats good information

it tells me you need either an LNB upgrade and/ or one of these

These things seldom help out, often actually makes things worse.

If the signal at your dish is not good, they won't help, only amplify a bad signal and it will just become a strong bad signal!

The only two applications where this in line amp is useful is:

1) Very long cable run from the dish to your receiver (starting from maybe 50 to 80 meters). Place the amp as close as possible to the LNB.

2) When you want to split the signal to run to different receivers using passive splitters. Use the amp before the splitter, or better still, as close as possible to the LNB.

The OP's problem is definitely weak signal, again only a few possible reasons:

1) Badly aligned dish (moved by wind/storm?)

2) Bad LNB, happens often after lightning, not a direct hit (LNB usually won't work at all then ), but often just strong static electricity from strikes in the area can cause damage to a LNB

3) Bad cabling. Doesn't happen often after it worked OK, but possibly water ingress at a junction (or at the LNB connection), or mice nibbling away at the cable somewhere.

With weak signals it's very possible that some channels work ok and others not. The channels are spread over different transponders (=transmitters on the satellite) and some are stronger then others. Usually HD channels show problems earlier, as the higher SR needed for those channels tolerates less signal problems.

The problem with True engineers is that in standard no issues installations they are good, but they are not good in tracing problems, especially out of the ordinary problems. I seldom have seen them use a proper signal strength/satellite search device, but rather use the strength indicator of the receiver. This way you can make it work, but you cannot reach perfection, and perfection in dish/LNB alignment is what gives you that extra margin to overcome rain fade.

You problem is very easy to find using the right equipment (satellite search device). Connect directly to LNB, align dish/LNB and you know if the problem is there or not. Connect cable to receiver, then connect the device to the cable at the receiver side and compare with the signal at the LNB. Then you see the loss/noise picked up on the cable run.

You now know the problem (or solved it)!

• Like 2

me too

been with them something over 10 years

always had good service

i have x4 premium package receivers and the extra a la carte channels

i enjoy most of the programming

i get program info from the on screen guide in English up to 7 days ahead

the book was useless anyway as it was all in Thai so i will not miss it

i won't miss the sports channels either and happy to have extended HD channels instead

two recent minor problems i had were fixed over the phone by a technical guy in five minutes

he did great and i told him so

its been my observation that its kinda fashionable to knock True on TV so i might be the odd voice in the darkness but i like them

i could not imagine having to cope with cable programming

that would really be roughin it.

Same here - always prompt and efficient.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i am in pattaya too

i have no such problems

not even when it rains

sorry you have

I am in central Isaan, and channels 130 & 133 are unwatchable because of pixelated screen and signal cut-outs. All other channels are fine. Very strange.

i am in pattaya too

i have no such problems

not even when it rains

sorry you have

I am in central Isaan, and channels 130 & 133 are unwatchable because of pixelated screen and signal cut-outs. All other channels are fine. Very strange.

i am in pattaya

no problems at all here and i have x5 receivers feeding off one dish