New Years Eve In Bkk

sipidan

G'day guys & girls smokin.gif

We've just booked to stay in the Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21 on Sukhumvit

Its only 2 nights for NYE way2go.gif

but i was wondering if any of you could make some suggestions or tell me about your previous trips in Bangkok on NYE?

I was thinking of going out early 6pm or 7ish doing a few bars around soi 5 or 11, maybe Cowboy, then heading back to the hotel around 11ish to see a few firework from high up in the room at midnight hmm.gif

Sounds boring hey to most maybe.....

Is it overly busy in the bars??

Any good parties going on??

Riverside any good??

Secret view points to be know??

Also I'd like to add that i was very happy with all the hotel prices/quotes in Bangkok, most were the cheapest i've seen them at!
Maybe because booked early but i find Pattaya can be double around Xmas & New Year, but Phuket can be triple...

Right thanks in advance dance.gif

Last year, I spent NYE on the riverside on one of those dinner cruise that stopped for firework near where it's going off. It was pretty mellow (on a smaller boat, mostly Thai family) but fun night. There were 4 of us.

*HOWEVER* afterward, there was ZERO taxis with a bunch of people looking for it. We ended up taking a tuk tuk all the way back to Sukhumvit (2 guys and 2 gals)... this being my longest tuk tuk ride ever anywhere. My buddy ended up on the floor ... it wasn't a fun ride back but memorable.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input, I did look into staying in a couple of the big hotels down at riverside but they are already full!

Plus I'm not too familiar with Silom/Sathon area so I decided on Sukhumvit again!

Contemplating the river still but like you told me & as i thought, i really don't fancy the drama of getting back to my hotel!

Think I'm getting old but all I'm really looking forward to is chilling & relaxing as we've 2 nights without our daughter & seeing some fireworks from high up somewhere probably the hotel from 11pm onwards :-)

Life is good!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

One of the bars you could visit is Check Inn 99 on Sukhumvit Road between Sois 5 and 7. Great atmosphere and music but no view of the fireworks whatsoever!

Never been in there amigo, I'm a big fan of live music&bands! What time do they come on&what type of music is it that they play?

Life is good!

One of the bars you could visit is Check Inn 99 on Sukhumvit Road between Sois 5 and 7. Great atmosphere and music but no view of the fireworks whatsoever!

Never been in there amigo, I'm a big fan of live music&bands! What time do they come on&what type of music is it that they play?

Life is good!

A mix of music both old and new by a Philippine band. I guess that they will have some sort of special on for New Year's Eve.

• Like 1

Hi Sipidan.. just saw this. For those who know me... Hi!

Here are some links of Checkinn99's house band (isn't much music these girls don't do - New years Eve parties are not to be missed - fun most nights).

You can either search Youtube under "checkinn99" over 250 clips

RocknRoll, covers Golden Oldies and everything in between - here are a couple.

• Like 1

and here is a clip and link for the Sunday afternoon Jazz

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-FcLsanK8

an independent review...by Kevin S. Cummings

http://peoplethingsliterature.com/2013/06/03/sunday-afternoon-jazz-at-checkinn99-on-sukhumvit-road/

Thanks for your help, I normally stay at the Amari Boulevard so close & convenient for me to check this place out!

Looking forward to it...

Life is good!

• 4 months later...

Would love to see a Blues Brothers tribute band, is there still one playing in Bangkok?

Life is good!

Hi Sipidan.. Blues Brothers Tribute band on at Checkinn99 Sunday 24Nov if you are interested...

post-67715-0-65598100-1384002060_thumb.p