Driver Crushed By Coach Door At South Pattaya Rest Area

Rimmer

Driver crushed by Coach Door at South Pattaya Rest Area

coach-3.jpg
PATTAYA:--Security Officers who were on routine patrol at a Coach Stop located within the grounds of their Hotel, discovered the body of a coach driver who appeared to have been crushed by the doors of his own vehicle.

Police and rescue services were called to the car park of the Mountain Beach Hotel situated within the Pratamnuk Hill area and inspected the body of Khun Maetee who is aged in his thirties.

Security Guards knew the man well and every night at the end of his shift he would securely lock his coach. To do this he would have to activate the locking device from within the coach
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/90268/driver-crushed-coach-door-south-pattaya-rest-area/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-06-08

Another one. Was just a few months ago that the same thing happened to a driver. No pressure switches or other safety devices to prevent this?

Yes, I seem to remember something about it.

Are those doors really so powerful?

I have seen bus drivers stand outside of the bus and use a key to close and open the door . They are under the front of the bus near the front wheel hub. Maybe these buses don't have that.

What a horrible way to go .

Yes I was just thinking the same--------- Two identical accidents in a few months? I think this is the same one but why they want to re-hash it I cant explain ----Perhaps someone thought it was a good news pitch? Don't forget you are in Thailand !!!

Do not understand why there is so much force to close,enough to kill someone.I have been on the underground railway and can assure you that a few times I have held the doors open with little trouble and havn"t we all had to grab a lift door to stop it closing as you get in? No problems there so why this one? I think there must be something missing,or maybe dis-connected in the safety mechanism.Just my thoughts

Yes I was just thinking the same--------- Two identical accidents in a few months? I think this is the same one but why they want to re-hash it I cant explain ----Perhaps someone thought it was a good news pitch? Don't forget you are in Thailand !!!

Don't think so. This one shows a night shot with him outside the bus. The other one was a day photo with him still caught in the bus standing vertically.

Found the report of the other individual crushed in a bus door in Phuket. So it is indeed a 2nd person on 18th March, also young at only 29. ThePhuketNews

Why didn't the driver just leave from the drivers door, which is the normal way.

Many of the new buses don't have a drivers door anymore

That could well be the case, but seeing that nearly all the ones i see around Pattaya

do have a drivers door, i would say that in this particular case and looking at the photo

that this coach indeed did have one.