Are Endless Quotes , In Every Topic Realy Nesarsary ?

Sandman77

hello!

Just want know your opinion, about the endless quoters in every topic! At the moment my notebook have rtechnical problem, Iam only online with the iPhone, when I read long topics 20 or hundred page, I would say around 30 procent of the topic is copy and quote of other people, sometimes more then 3 time on on page!

I would also recommended to split big postings when it have more then 500 entry!

A smartphone like non quote version

Would make the daily tv online season more comfortable!

My finger getting pain , when I must scroll down to 50 quoters over 100 page on the smartphone!

I loose time, and it's ineffective usage!

My idea limit the possible quotes to 3 or 4 line only, then the total overview and

Usability is much better!

Its lucky your not a fussy person that asks too much. We wouldn't want OP to get a sore finger now as that would be the end of the world.

I think the owners of TV.com should allocate new funds in the budget to re-write the code for this software and pay for all the Software Testing etc and implement the above changes. Dream on...

I actually prefer to read TV on my iphone :whistling:

maybe we should all just stop posting just to accomodate OP ? :P

Its lucky your not a fussy person that asks too much. We wouldn't want OP to get a sore finger now as that would be the end of the world.

I think the owners of TV.com should allocate new funds in the budget to re-write the code for this software and pay for all the Software Testing etc and implement the above changes. Dream on...

Hmm. Food for thought...

I actually prefer to read TV on my iphone whistling.gif

maybe we should all just stop posting just to accomodate OP ? tongue.png

>Its lucky your not a fussy person that asks too much. We wouldn't want OP to get a sore finger now as that would be the end of the world.

Hmm. Food for thought...

Well they are shutting it down tonight to do some maintenance on it?

>Its lucky your not a fussy person that asks too much. We wouldn't want OP to get a sore finger now as that would be the end of the world.

I think the owners of TV.com should allocate new funds in the budget to re-write the code for this software and pay for all the Software Testing etc and implement the above changes. Dream

on...

Hmm. Food for thought...

are they? tongue.png

OP, I'm on your side, but it will change nothing. The key issue here is board members who insist on having 'the last word' in any disagreement. Apparently some of us just cant go to bed if they believe their opponent(s) 'won'. ;)

In the good old days (before the last update- a couple of months ago), you could quote one or two sentences from a post and leave the rest of the 500 word post out. That doesn't seem to work so well now.

That still works fine...

OP, I'm on your side, but it will change nothing. The key issue here is board members who insist on having 'the last word' in any disagreement. Apparently some of us just cant go to bed if they believe their opponent(s) 'won'. wink.png

Personally, I can't see why this should be seen an issue...? If I dont want to read something, I dont. If I'm interested I'll continue to read. If I got involved in the debate I have to recognise that others might be enthusiastic debaters who want to continue the debate no matter what. Again, if I dont want to continue debating I simply stop. What's the issue...?

OP, I'm on your side, but it will change nothing. The key issue here is board members who insist on having 'the last word' in any disagreement. Apparently some of us just cant go to bed if they believe their opponent(s) 'won'. wink.png

Why is it the key issue? The topic is about quotes .Is it just you wanting to bend the topic to suit your agenda?

You can have the last word if it gives you a boner .

Nice try, ladies - is this the part where I quote you and it starts all over again ? wink.png

Personally, I always include a quote in case my post is intended to be a reply or a comment on someone else's post. I do this out of courtesy and respect to others. Quite frankly, posting a reply without a quote of the post you're referring to is, in my opinion, rude and childish.

• Like 1

No mate, they are kidding you.....but you may not be able to read the posts after 7pm tonight, until after midnight

are they? tongue.png

I think the owners of TV.com should allocate new funds in the budget to re-write the code for this software and pay for all the Software Testing etc and implement the above changes. Dream

on...

Hmm. Food for thought...

Not a JT BIG poll comingintheclub.gif up.

What confuses me are the members just who post quotes and then don't post a comment, emoticon or anything. What are they Trappist monks or something?

A quiet man is a thinking man. A quiet woman is insane.

Edited by RakJungTorlae

What is this "going to bed" nonsense?

Lightweight so you are. tongue.png

Hmm. Food for thought...

Not a JT BIG poll comingintheclub.gif up.

Quoting limit still not reachedblink.png

Forethat, I pride myself on being rude and childish, but quoting half a page of dialog to post a single sentence is bloody ridiculous. As mentioned earlier, we should have the option to restrict our quote to the last post from a given member - simple as that.

What app you mean?

How I can downgrade to a older thai visa up on iOS it's possible with some app but I not remember the name!

For me quota can switched off complete because everybody is intelegent enough to read the content of the maintopic!

I've noticed some improvements with the quoting system.

Hey, you're right. I was able to crop out the last half of your post with no problems like before. Good job, whoever fixed it!

Edited by impulse