Isaan Happy To Host Formula One Event

Lite Beer

Just imagine the damage that would happen if the worst [accident] should occur.

Has obviously watched many F1 races and seen the damage done to the likes of Monaco/Singapore :whistling:

Well, maybe they acre going to have a Wild Card entry for a Thai F1 driver, the red bull guy, Moo Ham and the 16 year old expressway crash girl are all in the running.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why they not doing it in Phuket? Have international airport, many hotels, could be the Monaco of Asia w00t.gif

That is as funny and realistic as an advert I read on a supermarket adverts board. A condo was up for sale in an area that the seller described as the Beverley Hills of Pattaya.

I giggled and guffawed until a fellow farang asked me what had caused so much merriment. I pointed to the comic postcard. He burst into loud laughter to the bewilderment of every Thai with earshot.

Just imagine the damage that would happen if the worst [accident] should occur.

Has obviously watched many F1 races and seen the damage done to the likes of Monaco/Singapore whistling.gif

Exactly. They appear to have no concept of the safety, control and security measures that would be taken.

I've been to both the F1 in Adelaide and Indy on the Gold Coast but I don't recall a car ever smashing into a building or destroying the sand dunes. None of the infrastructure or facilities damaged anything either.

• Like 1

There was an article about this on the Yahoo News website a couple of days ago and it said the race was very much in doubt as F1 were dead set on it being held in Bangkok and not at all keen on any alternatives. In essence the final decision is now down to F1's " Poison Dwarf " Bernie Ecclestone who has the final word on everything.

I live in Issan and am struggling to see how Nakhon Ratchasima or Khon Kaen could take this on at all let alone for 2015 but as usual officials in Thailand just have to say something no matter how ludicrous.

Sorry! Have i missed something. Tell me please, is it really April 1st in Thailand today .??

I suggest that the Thai Government take a slowly slowly approach to this grandiose scheme. I think that they should start in a less ambitious way so that they may build up the fund of expertise required to stage a prestigious event that will have the eyes of the World upon it. How about starting with a hoop race, advancing onto roller skates when a few wrinkles have been ironed out? The next stage would be e-tan racing to reflect Thai culture (I'm sure the rest of the World would copy) and then onto the big stuff like tuk-tuks and songthaews. F! racing in BKK? Pleeeaase!

As most would have noticed we already have truck racing here in the Kingdom. Thai style. 24/7/52.

Asking TAT to think outside the box is shooting for the moon. The management (I use the term loosely), rather than trying to think outside the box should be in one - and on the way to the wat.

• Like 1

What I mean is that it could never be as boring as the Monaco F1

As for 5 star hotels, could go for home stays instead.

Can just see Alonso stay on the floor in aunties house in the village.

Plenty of short time rooms available! Posted Image

Actually, you can knock up 4/5 star hotels in a few months - Newin is doing that now, adjacent to his football stadium.

Isn't he supposed to be building a circuit in Buriram as well?

Shame if F1 doesn't happen in BKK but so many factors seem against it. Roads and infrastructure for the preferred track will need a huge upgrade for one and the locals seem to have strong opposition to it going ahead.

Anyway, money talks in F1, I wonder how deep Red Bulls pockets are as far as a BKK GP is concerned?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"And you join us in the aftermath of the first ever Isaan Grand Prix and what a race it's been with none of the 22 starters actually crossing the finishing line. Now we cross to our reporter on the spot with the latest news.....

"Thank you. This has been the most incredible race in the history of F1. After gaining pole position Sebastain Vettel was favourite to win until he was distracted by a lady waving her arms frenetically at the side of the road trying to attract him to her fruit stall and got wiped out by the Bangkok to Buriram Nakornchai aircon bus.Fernando Alonso hasn't been seen since being held up by a gaggle of dancing grannies and loudspeaker trucks on their way to a temple fair and Nico Rosberg is still trying to convince a police roadblock just outside Amphur Pon Khon Kaen to let him go because he was driving in the right hand lane instead of the left on a dual carriageway and perhaps foolishly ignored the warning flashing headlights of the oncoming cars that the pigs were ahead.

• Like 2

I suggest that the Thai Government take a slowly slowly approach to this grandiose scheme. I think that they should start in a less ambitious way so that they may build up the fund of expertise required to stage a prestigious event that will have the eyes of the World upon it. How about starting with a hoop race, advancing onto roller skates when a few wrinkles have been ironed out? The next stage would be e-tan racing to reflect Thai culture (I'm sure the rest of the World would copy) and then onto the big stuff like tuk-tuks and songthaews. F! racing in BKK? Pleeeaase!

You could be onto something there...this is how I see their first race...sponsored by Red Bull of course biggrin.png

783363A97F33BF530948C9845E8BA_h498_w598_

• Like 2

Issan would be happy to host the Olympics!

Out of all the millions of people who live in Issan there are probably only 5000 who could afford a ticket to the grand prix.

Well this will give Bernie something to chuckle about as he reads his morning paper over caviar and champagne.

Why don't they just close and use one of the expressways for the day? Up one side, a couple of corners around Din Daeng, and then back up the other side. Wouldn't disturb anyone, would be less carnage than usual on those roads, and people in towers can rent out their rooms to spectators for the weekend. Problem solved.

I was thinking Victory monument area. That would be a good turn. Use the main drag along there lots of spots to put spectators and Press. I know it would be popular with the local but i am sure they could reroute the buses

Would love to see the F1 cars dodging, or not, the on-coming motorbikes/cars and straying cattle on Issan's roads.

It will take 15 years to resurface the bas roads and then they will need to go back and repair the first repairs again.

Should just give them the F1 planning task just to see what a FUBUR job they can achieve.

Priority number one will be pocket lining as ever.

Why be so negative!

F1 create a lots of Money for hotels, restaurants, flights etc..

I have visited the sights of Buriram International Circuite and the plans and It looks fantastic.

I do have over 50 years knowledge of racing. and would like to see F1 in Thailand.

Most of the marchals for those races come with teams that are familar with this type of races.

Se my website:reinewisell.com

post-90837-0-43358500-1370761224_thumb.j

• Like 1

cheesy.gif oh stop it, you're killing me. F1 in Isaan? It will never happen.

Hardly Monaco is it?

Oh ye of little faith . . . the track is already in the final stages of transition from field to pure F1 racetrack:

track_zpsbc6f024b.jpg

Edited by Sing_Sling
  • Like 1

I have images of an old farmer letting his buffalo on to the track to take a dump at the first hairpin. Also, an old lady pushing her somtam/gai yang cart across the back straight.

Clearly money-wagon/ baht signs in greedy eyes time!.. what costs, logistics, infrastructure, and organisation?!!! Have to ask, though.. Will the F1 drivers be held responsible for run over chickens and wayward cattle? There'll be lynchings, for sure!!.. What's Thai/ Isaan for "We Isaan farming folks don't take too kindly to strangers running over our livestock in their weird, new-fangled motor-racing vehicles "??? wai2.gif

Edited by spectrumisgreen

dont forget to tell the BIB gonna be not much of a race when the drivers have to stop every 5 km to pay 200 THB

but Isaann fine with me , but if they are smart and not to make it in Korat or khonkhean because traffic is a hell up in the city , there are many smaller comunities and plain open space where they can make a track , better for security of the drivers and the people living there meanwhile i shall inform yai and pops to keep the cows and buffaloes on the leach

Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand's fastest growing city with wide roads, excellent infrastructure and convenient connections to Bangkok by air and road could not be more ideal to host the F1. Just forget the Isaan bit and the negatives which go with it. Korat is very different.