British National Busted For Dealing Heroin On Phuket

Lite Beer

British national busted for dealing heroin on Phuket
Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_British_national_John_Robert_
British national John Robert George Cawley, 22, was found in possession of 6.1 grams of heroine. Photo: Irfarn Jamdukor

PHUKET: A Phuket Marine Police sting operation last night busted a British national with 6.1 grams of heroin smuggled onto Phuket from Koh Samui.

John Robert George Cawley, 22, was caught in a Rassada rental room at about 11:30pm in possession of the category 1 drug stuffed into seven plastic bottles, said Phuket Marine Police Inspector Chatchai Sakdee.

Marine Police, having received a tip-off about the drug deal, decided to take immediate action, fearing that any delay would lead to an opportunity for Mr Cawley to escape, Col Chatchai said.

The sting operation involved an undercover Marine Police officer entering the residence as a potential buyer.

“As Mr Cawley began to negotiate with our officer, our team rushed the room,” Col Chatchai said. “The suspect panicked and threw a small black bag of heroin out the back door.”

Officers collected the bag, as well as seven bottles that also contained heroin.

“Mr Cawly confessed that the drugs belonged to him, and we made our arrest,” Col Chatchai said.

Mr Cawly was charged with the possession of a category 1 drug with intent to sell.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/British-national-busted-for-dealing-heroin-on-Phuket-21280.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-06-08

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marine Police, having received a tip-off about the drug deal, decided to take immediate action, fearing that any delay would lead to an opportunity for Mr Cawley to escape, Col Chatchai said.

Law enforcement worldwide can learn something valuable from this little gem of information. :bah:

• Like 2

Pommie porridge tastes better in prison,but here its made from rice not oats<if you get any>

Reads like you're posting from prison, in which case you could add a lot of interesting information about prison life and well-received here.

I still remember the words used to describe the 2 drunk Aussies who ran amok on Phuket, attacked someone with an ashtray, and copped a flogging.

I wonder what names will be used to describe this guy ?

waiting for the handwringers to eventually turn up ...u know the ..he prob had a disadvantaged child hood etc ....i hope he rots in gaol xxxx him ...if one dope learns a lesson from this then this useless turd will be worth something ..

Edited by metisdead

The only injections he'll be getting inside will be from his fellow inmates organs.

Shame about that as he may enjoy Somchai boning him. Scumbag drug dealer.

He will have a flood of horse in the jail(if he end up there) BTW its only in the US,North Korea and Iran its accepted that prisoners getting raped while doing their sentence.

put him in prison and let him rot, no good to man nor beast

So you are judge, jury and executioner in one. I see, not even a trial is needed.

>Lost a good friend forever to this disgusting drug. I'm sorry but I don't feel any pity or remorse for a young man that made his own bed.

Just wondered, if your friend that died had also been selling heroin to support his habit, would you have felt the same way about him? What if it was your son? Still the same way?

Yes, he was stupid.

Yes, he was just a small fish in a big sea.

Why did he do it? Possibly to support his drug habit? If he was a user, and an addict, he was sick and in need of medical attention.

Yes, he too is a victim of a corrupt system doomed to failure.

The war on drugs, has it worked anywhere? Defiantly not..I am of course not singling out Thailand, this is a world wide problem.

Yes, Heroin is a terrible drug.

When abused drugs are not good, including alcohol, which can be devastating to both the user and friends and family.

Yes, I too lost friends from this drug after the mafia in Australia dried up marijuana, then flooded the market with heroin back in the latter half of 1976..

Were my friends that died from heroin forced to take it? No, they did it of their own free will, because they were young, naive and uneducated about drugs,

Why? How is this possible? Because it is illegal and the same people that sell marijuana sell heroin and even worse designer drugs. In 1998 it was estimated the illicit drug industy had a turnover of around $400 billion per annum.." Hate to think of the turnover today.

The longer drugs laws stay as they are, the worse the designer drugs will become. The more powerful the Mr Bigs are becoming the world over.

So what is the solution? Education, legalization and drug rehabilitation programs. Locking up stupid young naive people will not save this world.

If that is true, why isn't it legal? Because the people that make the laws are either naive or possibly even worse are the ones that stand to gain by the drugs being illegal.

It is easier to get heroin in prison than in the street, if you can't keep drugs out a secure place like a prison, how the hell can you keep it out of the community? I am not in any way condoning what this stupid young British national did, to the contrary, but I do feel sorry for him and don't feel the punishment he will face, if convicted, fits the crime..

Did we not learn anything from the dark days of prohibition of alcohol in the USA?

Most of the things you say are valid, but unless you happen to be living underneath a rock for 22 years of your life, there's enough education out there to say hey... drugs are bad. In the end he was probably well aware of his actions, and he would know if caught, there will be punishment.

Granted, he was somebody's son, brother, boyfriend etc, but it's his own selfishness that causes pain to the people that care about him.

• Like 1

put him in prison and let him rot, no good to man nor beast

So you are judge, jury and executioner in one. I see, not even a trial is needed.

>Lost a good friend forever to this disgusting drug. I'm sorry but I don't feel any pity or remorse for a young man that made his own bed.

Just wondered, if your friend that died had also been selling heroin to support his habit, would you have felt the same way about him? What if it was your son? Still the same way?

Yes, he was stupid.

Yes, he was just a small fish in a big sea.

Why did he do it? Possibly to support his drug habit? If he was a user, and an addict, he was sick and in need of medical attention.

Yes, he too is a victim of a corrupt system doomed to failure.

The war on drugs, has it worked anywhere? Defiantly not..I am of course not singling out Thailand, this is a world wide problem.

Yes, Heroin is a terrible drug.

When abused drugs are not good, including alcohol, which can be devastating to both the user and friends and family.

Yes, I too lost friends from this drug after the mafia in Australia dried up marijuana, then flooded the market with heroin back in the latter half of 1976..

Were my friends that died from heroin forced to take it? No, they did it of their own free will, because they were young, naive and uneducated about drugs,

Why? How is this possible? Because it is illegal and the same people that sell marijuana sell heroin and even worse designer drugs. In 1998 it was estimated the illicit drug industy had a turnover of around $400 billion per annum.." Hate to think of the turnover today.

The longer drugs laws stay as they are, the worse the designer drugs will become. The more powerful the Mr Bigs are becoming the world over.

So what is the solution? Education, legalization and drug rehabilitation programs. Locking up stupid young naive people will not save this world.

If that is true, why isn't it legal? Because the people that make the laws are either naive or possibly even worse are the ones that stand to gain by the drugs being illegal.

It is easier to get heroin in prison than in the street, if you can't keep drugs out a secure place like a prison, how the hell can you keep it out of the community? I am not in any way condoning what this stupid young British national did, to the contrary, but I do feel sorry for him and don't feel the punishment he will face, if convicted, fits the crime..

Did we not learn anything from the dark days of prohibition of alcohol in the USA?

Why come to LOS and do it when farangland requires the same need for this low life. RISK, yes, they think the chances of getting caught here are nil, thats why. Shit heads like this are the ruination of young life. Lock 'em up and let the young find their own way in life without this trash opening a door to oblivion. . bah.gif

• Like 2

The only injections he'll be getting inside will be from his fellow inmates organs.

He will have a flood of horse in the jail(if he end up there) BTW its only in the US,North Korea and Iran its accepted that prisoners getting raped while doing their sentence.

please explain this .

22 years old. How old will he be when he gets out 42? What a waste. What was he thinking selling to Thais. The stupidity is beyond words.

That's IF he survives that long. He will not be able to eat the food,bah.gifsick.gif and go crazy.gif crazy trying to fight off the bum boys goof.gif You deal in drugs then you deal in death and that will probably happen to him clap2.gif

That's interesting. So are there any other situations in which you're an enthusiastic supporter of rape, or is it just this one?