Persian Cats Breeder

Persians require daily brushing, something to point out to your brother. If he is looking for a low maintenance pet then a short haired cat is a better option. My mom has two Maine Coon Cats and they require daily brushing otherwise they have hairball problems

mcoon.gif

Also, do not buy a cat from Chatuchak as, invariably, the animals there are ill and overstressed.

SBk, thanks for the advice. my sister in law is not working, so she will do all the brushing ! Thanks

:o

Persians require daily brushing, something to point out to your brother. If he is looking for a low maintenance pet then a short haired cat is a better option. My mom has two Maine Coon Cats and they require daily brushing otherwise they have hairball problems

mcoon.gif

Also, do not buy a cat from Chatuchak as, invariably, the animals there are ill and overstressed.

I have three of them. Keeping their hair untangled is not too much work as long as you don't neglect it. They do need a brushing every other day.

They make really good condo pets as long as their grooming is not neglected, and you don't mind cat hair everywhere :o

Here's one of mine:

post-6075-1143793385_thumb.jpg

Orion she is so adorable!!!!!!! My sister in law has a lots of time on hand, since she is not working and have no kids. She is such an animal lover, but right now she can only have cats since they live in a condo....was thinking of buying a house, but they are "farang" and cannot own land...thanks for sharing your pic

CHanchan

Chatuchak has a resident vet where you can take potential pets to be checked out before buying - not sure how good the vet is but I've had two cats from Chatuchak and never had health problems although one died from what we think was a snake bite.Tthe other is fine and about 3 years old. One thing though, unless you know your stuff they might sell you a 'persian' which is really just a long haired cat. Well, that's what I assume as my 'persian' grew up looking like a regular long haired cat and a friend had the same. I've never had to brush her and she's never even had the slightest amount of matting. My other cat (which I think was more likely real or at least part persian) needed brushing every other day at least or his fur matted.

There are two cat shops in Chatuchak that seem very decent. They are closed airconditioned shops in the 7 day pet (mostly fish) market, which you can access from the side street off of Kampaengphet 2 that has the childrens museum and Chatuchak park.

I saw a gorgeous Himalayan kitten there the other day and I was so tempted to buy it... but since I already have 3 persians, I don't want to turn into one of those crazy cat people :D

Chanchan, FYI: this breed is called "Chinchilla Silver", it's my favorite :o