Bargain Dvd's (not Copies)

libya 115

I purchased a few bargain DVD's in DOTCOM next to Friendship supermarket on Pattaya Tai (South Road). Both were just 200 Baht; originals; not copies. (I have only experienced a 50/50 success with copies, so economically I feel it is prudent to purchase originals.)

I opted for the David Lynch timeless classic 'Dune' and that old chestnut 'Scanner Cop 1': both represented outstanding value priced at 200 baht each.

However, the ground floor DVD/VCD shop has a limited selection. So the question is this; can anyone recommend any other discount DVD stores, here in Pattaya. The Royal Garden DVD store (on the upper floor) sells rather expensive DVD's at approximately 1000 baht!

Plus; does anyone know where I might purchase (in Pattaya) Scanner Cop 2? I just want to view the sequel out of perculiar interest, not because it is/will be a 'great' movie, so no disparaging remarks please!

What makes you think the DVD's in Tukcom (not Dotcom!) are originals? AFAIK they're all copies.

I think what the OP means are the DVDs with some thai script on the covers that are genuine originals, that you see in the shops on the ground floor of Tukcom, that are usually between 100-200 baht. Not the stuff on the 4th floor.

The studios have been releasing these over the last few years to compete with the pirates.

Try the Tsutaya stores, shops in Big C complex on 2nd Rd., Big C on Sukhumvit.

Try the Tsutaya stores, shops in Big C complex on 2nd Rd., Big C on Sukhumvit.

Can you get latest releases there too Cobber?

Good quality at reasonable prices?

Jai Dee, The DVDs the OP is reffering to are generally at least a year old. The quality is good but they usualy only have the movie and no special features or extras.

Mangpong (ground floor Tuk Com and Big C Pattaya Tai) have a big selection and release regular new DVDs at 200 baht or less. Some of them are quite new movies, often these are interesting indie films that have picked up awards at film festivals. I have discovered some real gems. I have also been subjected to utter junk!

For around 400 baht you can find more mainstream offerings.