Looking For Cartons (Moving House)

masuk

I've tried numerous supermarkets etc, but they all seem to treat their zillions of cartons/boxes as if they're a vanishing species.

I've no doubt these are all sold to the van with the scales at the back, but how do I get to buy any? Not beer cartons - something bigger and sturdier.)

any ideas? wai2.gif

there's a guy that sells only cardboard boxes on suthep road. if you are coming from the mote, going up suthep road, go past canel road and he will be a little further up on your right. he's kind of in the middle of food vendors, so he'll stick out at you. hope this helps.

May be worth thinking about doing what we did. bought half a dozen of those plastic bins with lids from Macro. They cost a couple of hundred baht each but they hold a lot securely and make good storage bins now.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

there's a guy that sells only cardboard boxes on suthep road. if you are coming from the mote, going up suthep road, go past canel road and he will be a little further up on your right. he's kind of in the middle of food vendors, so he'll stick out at you. hope this helps.

His prices are beyond stupid for used boxes.

If you go to the Thai markets they will sell you boxes by the kilo and not per piece. You choose the boxes yourself. We buy a kilo for 50 THB at 2 different Thai markets (plastic shops). If you buy them new, a large box will cost you 25-35 THB each! Makro, Rimping, Tops, etc. all contract with people. They give all their boxes to guys who sit there for hours until their trucks are fully loaded.

I just got a whole bunch of various sized boxes, (large and small) thumbsup.gif for moving, from my local Honda Motorbike shop... Gave the guy who helped load 50 baht.... (suggested by the owner) That saved a lot of running around!

Might be worth asking at your local Honda shop or other bike shop for that matter wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

I've just had a nice heap of new cartons dropped at the house by 'Chiang Mai movers', who will move house and I'll return the boxes when I've unpacked everything..

His prices are beyond stupid for used boxes.

Whoops. I've never bought a box from him. Just saw him selling. By the way, what is "beyong stupid" for a used box price? Help a brother out. :-)