Thaksin's Son Offers 20M Baht For Info Leading To Arrests Of Central World Arsonists

webfact

Panthongtae offers 20 million baht for info leading to arrests of Central World arsonists

BANGKOK, 11 June 2013 (NNT) – Mr. Panthongtae Shinawatra, the only son of ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, has given the Metropolitan Police 20-million-baht cash prize to be awarded to anyone who can provide leads to the arrests of two Central World arsonists.

Metropolitan Police Chief Pol. Lt. Gen. Kamronwit Thoopkrachang showed a group of reporters 20 million baht in cash that Mr. Panthongtae had brought as an award for clues to the whereabouts of the two suspected arsonists.

Arrest warrants have already been issued to the suspects after they were identified by the authorities from CCTV footage during the Bloody May in 2010. Deputy Metropolitan Police Chief Pol. Maj. Gen. Anuchai Lekbamrung has been appointed the head of the committee responsible for the allocation of the 20-million-baht prize.

The money will be kept by the Comptroller General's Department until it is claimed by the rightful recipients. Anyone with useful information is encouraged to contact telephone numbers 02-354-8226 and 02-354-5990.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-06-11 footer_n.gif

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B20 Million is pocket money to a Shinawatra but it looks like a grand gesture possibly made in the knowledge it may never been collected.

If those involved are red shirts their appearance in court is the last thing that's wanted and if anyone is stitched up for this the powers that be will call in Hans Christian Andersen to consult on the tale to be concocted to prove they have nothing to do with the reds.

• Like 1

A good place to start would be to investigate who burned the other 35 provincial town halls at the same time, on the same day, under the same guidance, and work from there.

The local reds who torched Udon Thani provincial hall were led by two Police Sub-Lieutenants who went on the run and I've don't know if they were ever arrested. I've a funny feeling they would be less than a priority investigation.

• Like 1

A good place to start would be to investigate who burned the other 35 provincial town halls at the same time, on the same day, under the same guidance, and work from there.

A good place to start is the many videos on youtube.

• Like 1

A good place to start is the many videos on youtube.

Or get a list of those receiving government funded bail.

One thing for sure, no Shiniwatra does anything without big Daddy saying so. This money should give Chalerm a reasonable deposit on a new Bentley, or perhaps purchase an Ear Medicine distillery as he said he knew who the black shirts and the arsonists were.

Mods, shouldn't this thread be in the Humour and Jokes forum?

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

This is a dumb idea even for Khun P.

I seem to remember the last time the police were offered bounty money we ended up with bodies everywhere but no convictions.

Dead men don't tell tales, they don't lie and most definitely can't tell the truth

• Like 1

They're gonna have to spend more on propaganda to make me forget who burnt down CW and the whole city. You can fool some people some times but you can't fool all the people all the time.

• Like 2

I liked the theory that it couldn't have been the red shirts because they are too stupid to successfully do it. Not that I believed it, but I liked the theory.

Hey a 4 eights jackpot!

Edited by OzMick

So that he can tell dear ol' dad who to eliminate along with any remaining evidence that can be burned. 'Thanks son.' Better delete the youtube videos...& if not, the bimbo sister can file some lawsuits for defamation of shirt color identification..

Edited by gemini81

He simply needs to look within their own ranks. They already have several of them in office who incited the remainder of them to engage in this heinous act...!! so what on earth is this all about now...????

It is clearly a smokescreen but Thais will look at this and shout out with conviction that no one would throw such money away if they were at all guilty in the crimianality.

It's loose change to them, and it's not their money anyway. What the public ought to be asking is where a mere snippet of a lad like that gets THB 20,000,000 to spend in such a way...!!