Bangkok Eliminates Dress Code For Ladyboys

webfact

I'm not vaguely confused about anything here.

I personally find it obnoxious that any govt official should dictate a dress code for an ID photo that I carry, and I consider it a massive human rights issue - and somewhat more important than wardrobes - that Thailand doesn't acknowledge sex changes on ID documents.

This is not just about ladyboys, it's about anyone who chooses to change the gender that they were identified as when born. The ID card may now depict someone who was born a man dressed as a woman, but Thailand will continue to be identify them as a man on that card, drivers license, passport, household registration etc., and send them to a mens' prison, until the day they die.

To be quite clear, this may be seen to be humane on the surface, but it's pure trivia. What needed, rather than the imagery, is to acknowledge a gender change on the ID documents, and Thailand does not allow acknowledgement of that.

I personally had an expat friend who switched sex, got a new passport from home country with the revised gender but held a Thai PR book, drivers license, household reg that identified her as a man, and allowed her to held to ridicule by any small minded idiot she encountered.

I'm not vaguely confused about anything here.

I personally find it obnoxious that any govt official should dictate a dress code for an ID photo that I carry, and I consider it a massive human rights issue - and somewhat more important than wardrobes - that Thailand doesn't acknowledge sex changes on ID documents.

This is not just about ladyboys, it's about anyone who chooses to change the gender that they were identified as when born. The ID card may now depict someone who was born a man dressed as a woman, but Thailand will continue to be identify them as a man on that card, drivers license, passport, household registration etc., and send them to a mens' prison, until the day they die.

To be quite clear, this may be seen to be humane on the surface, but it's pure trivia. What needed, rather than the imagery, is to acknowledge a gender change on the ID documents, and Thailand does not allow acknowledgement of that.

I personally had an expat friend who switched sex, got a new passport from home country with the revised gender but held a Thai PR book, drivers license, household reg that identified her as a man, and allowed her to held to ridicule by any small minded idiot she encountered.

I apologise: I misunderstood what you wrote. You're quite right. The updated gender should be indicated on the document.

Edited by RogueLeader

It'd be more sensible if people who've had a gender change were labelled accordingly by the Dept of Interior, rather than some obnoxious dictat being issued allowing them to choose their clothing

Utterly absurd that anyone whose gender's changed from male to female (or the other way around) isn't identified as such by Thailand.

That would be a more useful change than the wardrobe.

Remember the wardrobe can change from day to day, also the orientation. The fad sometimes wears off quickly.

It'd be more sensible if people who've had a gender change were labelled accordingly by the Dept of Interior, rather than some obnoxious dictat being issued allowing them to choose their clothing

Utterly absurd that anyone whose gender's changed from male to female (or the other way around) isn't identified as such by Thailand.

Genders cannot be changed, utterly absurd that you should think they can.

Genders cannot be changed, utterly absurd that you should think they can.

Did you move to Thailand by accident?

• Like 1

This is awesome.

Next license renewal I am going to turn up in full drag for my photo.

I don't know why exactly, but the look on the policeman's face when he pulls me over for speeding will be more than worth it.

Don't be surprised then, if he asks you to blow in to something. sad.png

"Don't be surprised then, if he asks you to blow in to something."

This is awesome.

I don't know why exactly, but the look on the policeman's face when he pulls me over for speeding will be more than worth it.

You do realize its just a "head and shoulders" shot, right? Maybe just go easy on the make-up? But feel free to choose the clothes that make you feel good inside, and remember, "Accessorize".

they will photoshop suits and elvis hair on to them before the cards are issued

This is awesome.

you have been pulled for speeding ??????? how . why where . when.

This is awesome.

Don't be surprised then, if he asks you to blow in to something. sad.png

Yeah, I did not think this through at all did I?

You've dashed the dreams of a simple girl, locked inside the body of a man, who just wanted to feel alive for that one day.

go on you know you want to! 55555