Can't Access Data At All On Ais 2100 Mhz Up Country

skippybangkok

Am traveling around North Thailand with my new 2100 MHz AIS service which I moved to from their 900 MHz

Problem - have "520-03 3G" in top left of iPhone, but no data. Turned on iPhone roaming, still no luck. How do you guys living up North do this ?

As a minimum I would have expected it to have 2g edge

Try manually search for the carrier I think AIS is TH GSM on the older 3g services. Almost sounds like the 3G data services is not working where you are but it ok for voice service! Or have AIS done some like having different data setting for the old service and the new 3G service?

Try manually search for the carrier I think AIS is TH GSM on the older 3g services. Almost sounds like the 3G data services is not working where you are but it ok for voice service! Or have AIS done some like having different data setting for the old service and the new 3G service?

Cheers

I called 2x, second call they got me to do a network reset which seems to have handled the problem

Thx

what

Still strange, cause 2100 was working in BKK. Maybe Red Shirt thing smile.png

Sorry I must have missed the memo. But what does mobile phones have to do with politics?

I had the same problem last week when traveling to Ratchaburi.

First the 3G stopped working and then i couldn't even make voice calls.

I changed manually from 52003 to Th GSM (even though I have roaming activated) and all was well. I had a fast 3G and was able to make voice calls.

what

Still strange, cause 2100 was working in BKK. Maybe Red Shirt thing smile.png

Sorry I must have missed the memo. But what does mobile phones have to do with politics?

Nope, just missed the "joke".

2100 Mhz working in bangkok where there are cells, but not in the red shirt stong hold of up north. So maybe Red shirts are trying to restrict mobile phone usage for bangkokians visiting the north :)....... (dont take it serious mate)

• Like 1

Maybe your phone has an issue in being able to automatically switch between 900Mhz and 2100Mhz. Then again, maybe AIS is having problems in automatically switching their customers from 900 to 2100 (and vice versa) as they roam around Thailand. The new 2100Mhz is really targeted towards higher population locations/cities while the 900Mhz, which has great range and building penetration ability since it a lower frequency, is usually meant for regional/out-in-the-country/sticks coverage.

Maybe your phone has an issue in being able to automatically switch between 900Mhz and 2100Mhz. Then again, maybe AIS is having problems in automatically switching their customers from 900 to 2100 (and vice versa) as they roam around Thailand. The new 2100Mhz is really targeted towards higher population locations/cities while the 900Mhz, which has great range and building penetration ability since it a lower frequency, is usually meant for regional/out-in-the-country/sticks coverage.

Cheers... something is up. Its an iPhone 5, fully updated. must be something on their network. I am constantly resetting network settings, and then have to re-do passwords for wifi

Cheers... something is up. Its an iPhone 5, fully updated. must be something on their network. I am constantly resetting network settings, and then have to re-do passwords for wifi

It's probably just AIS growing paining in getting their 2100Mhz system fully up and running bug free. For a while I thought my Samsung Ace 2 phone (a mid price model) had an issue in smoothly switching between/receiving H+, H, 3G, and E speeds when "driving the length of Sathorn Road in Bangkok." As you you probably know Sathorn Rd is a major financial/embassy/high-rise area in central Bangkok...a person would think a good strong high speed H/3G signal should be available all the way up and down that major road. Well, I'm on a DTAC plan and whenever I would drive the length of Sathorn Rd (north and south sides) I would usually only pull an E connection and for some short sections have no data connection at all on my Samsung Ace 2.

OK, I get a Samsung S4...the latest and great Samsung flagship model...figure it should pull top speed/get great reception on Sathorn Rd. Nope, had basically the same issues when driving on Sathorn with the S4. My wife's previous Ace 2 and current S4 got the same results so it just wasn't "my" Ace 2 and S4. And this is on their 850Mhz 3G frequency...don't know if they have their 2100Mhz/TriNet system fully up and running yet...I think late May/early Jun was when their 2100Mhz/TriNet system was suppose to go operational which I have registered with DTAC as desiring switch to their TriNet system of 850/1800/2100Mhz system.

As soon as I get away from Sathorn a little I start pulling a H+/H speeds....the problem was not my phones...probably just sucky/oversubscribed/weak signal coverage on much of Sathorn Rd by DTAC....at least at the street level...maybe better speed above street level/up in the high rises.