90 days report how to get the exact date

in a previous 90 days receipt i use to have a stamp informing me to report 3 month later less 1 day

so in this case, it could be like june 5th.

how can i get the exact date ? probably i will get the fine due to couple of days, but i'd like to have the right date

in a previous 90 days receipt i use to have a stamp informing me to report 3 month later less 1 day

how can i get the exact date ? probably i will get the fine due to couple of days, but i'd like to have the right date

You normally get the next reporting date stamped on your slip, at least that is what they have always done up here in Phitsanulok. Again, they are normally tolerant to 7 days after that date, but it seems that every immigration office has their own rules.

Expect the worst, 2000 baht, and anything less as a bonus..................wink.png

Do the math David, count the days with a calendar if you must, It can't be that hard.

It is normally a straight 90 days from the last stamp. No immigration officer is going to work out national holidays on an individual basis.

The stamps are usually setup for the different time periods every morning to cover most normal extension periods, ie, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, etc.

90 days isn't 3 months.

Get a calendar. Count 12 weeks and 5 days.

Use excel. Put the date in one cell. In another cell, add 89 to the first cell.

(You have to take into account that the first day counts).

Edited by whybother
  • Like 1

90 days isn't 3 months.

Get a calendar. Count 12 weeks and 5 days.

Use excel. Put the date in one cell. In another cell, add 89 to the first cell.

(You have to take into account that the first day counts).

biggrin.png ...the arithmatic aint that hard on this on is it..?

if your last entry was 6th March, your reporting date is 3rd June, your allowed 7 days after that date which makes it 10th june, therefore reporting on the 12th there is chance you will be fined

Depends on the immigration officer. I once was late about three weeks through my own tardiness, but went to the immi officer with an apology and a red face, he just aid OK mai pen rai and accepted it. So talk to the people they are not so bad.

Did not check the posted date calculators but most of them do not count the first day which is required when figuring 90 day reports.

True but because you have the 14 before and 7 days after, you will with these tools get very close to the actual 90 day report date. And these are just handy tools and are of course not perfect.

wai.gif

Edit: // Added Ps

Ps: And instead of adding 90 Days just add 89 Days and you are completely safe thumbsup.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by MJCM

Did not check the posted date calculators but most of them do not count the first day which is required when figuring 90 day reports.

The 1st one I posted does have a check box to add one day, that is counts the first day or the last day depending on how you look at it.

For some it does seem to be a challenge.

Formula: (number of days in entry month - date of entry) + number of days in next month then subtract total from 90 days and then subtract one day which will give give report date in 3rd month.

For some it does seem to be a challenge.

Formula: (number of days in entry month - date of entry) + number of days in next month then subtract total from 90 days and then subtract one day which will give give report date in 3rd month.

That's too confusing. What if a month has 28 or 31 days, or even 29 days?? tongue.png

• Like 1

On a variation of this topic what is the situation if your 90 days take you up to say the 10th of a particular month but you leave the country before the 17th (within the 7 day window after for reporting)? In this example is there still a requirement to report before leaving the country?

The window is for making a report before that time - the due date is 90 days - if you fail to report it will likely be noted on next report (you departed country after it was due) and a fine imposed.

Many here have said you can be 7 days late.

I do not think this is true ......... IF

you report in person

I think the 7 day grace period applies to posting

90 day notice ......... ONLY by MAIL.

Am I wrong about this ??

Edited by paulfr

Many here have said you can be 7 days late.

I do not think this is true ......... IF

you report in person

I think the 7 day grace period applies to posting

90 day notice ......... ONLY by MAIL.

Am I wrong about this ??

Yes you are wrong about this.

For reporting in person the rule is 15 Days before until 7 days after. Reporting by mail will have to be send in 15 days before the reporting date.