True BEYOND Android Tablet

ThaiLife

Ive been looking for a 7 inch ( has to be 7 inches ) Android tablet with both 3G phone facility and bluetooth options , that I can get here in Thailand , its to be used for general surfing and mobile calls ( using a bluetooth headset ) . So far the best option ( and cheapest ) currently available I can find is this

t4_zps229267aa.png

t1_zpsba7e8316.png

t2_zps58ccbcce.png

t3_zps4babcdef.png

http://store.truecorp.co.th/product/detail/1231/TRUE_BEYOND_TAB_3G?ln=en

Ive had a play with this tablet in a True shop and it seems generally ok for the money , but there's not much actual user info yet about on the interent , has any one purchased this tablet and can comment , or does some one know of a better alternative .

Thanks wai.gif

Hi , all ive seen on who makes it was this -

H1_zps871a9a44.jpg

I did have a look at the Asus Fonepad , but read some negative comments on its build quality and several issues , its being up graded as shown here -

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/16/asus-fonepad-z2460-32gb/

I just thought for the money the True BEYOND Tablet seems to be ok , and if theres any problems the True shop is not too far away biggrin.png

It would be good to hear from any one who has all ready got this tablet , and get a users thoughts .

wai.gif

Looked at this when I was in Bangkok last week (Rama 2 Mall). Unfortually the model they had was broken so I couldn't look at it . I asked if it had english they said no only Thai. It looked ideal to me and the other one was the 7 Samsung.

Looked at this when I was in Bangkok last week (Rama 2 Mall). Unfortually the model they had was broken so I couldn't look at it . I asked if it had english they said no only Thai. It looked ideal to me and the other one was  the 7  Samsung.

I think some applications may be Thai only but the tab itself should have English option in the menu. Umm I may go look myself :D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

On my first visit to the True shop to play with the True BEYOND Tablet , I did manage to change the language from Thai to English , but did notice a lot of Thai applications relating to Girls’ Generation themes that would no doubt drive me up the wall. but hopefully all of that could be removed unsure.png

info1_zps90ce7ba2.jpg

info2_zpsd4a0b32b.png

On my second visit to the True shop the True BEYOND Tablet would not start , it just came up with the large red True logo on the screen and nothing more , I asked the sales assistant to start the tablet , but he gave up after five minutes and said that because too many people were messing about with the on display tablet there was now a problem.

One thing I did notice about the tablet was that even with the screen brightness set to maximum , it still seemed a bit too low , I'm not sure if that was due to the shop lighting .

I was surprised to see that True offer international sales -

http://www.itruemart.com/product/true-beyond-tablet-13817.html

I'm going to wait a bit until I can see more comments from actual True BEYOND Tablet users .

Interesting to see that the screen resolution has increased to HD on the International sales website. :) Wonder how that will sit with their 'sales are final' policy when customers aren't happy with their non HD screens..

Ahhh I see two different specifications for the screen on 2 different True web pages.. Well that's True for ya. Check to see what it sez on the box. I'd there an app that can check screen resolution???

For the same price you can get the Google Nexus 7, with very high reviews and assured upgrade directly from Google (I have one and it's all true). Or the new HP 7" tablet has specs comparable to the Huawei model and retails for about US$130.

Many similar tablets are available directly fro China eg. alibaba.com.

For the same price you can get the Google Nexus 7, with very high reviews and assured upgrade directly from Google (I have one and it's all true). Or the new HP 7" tablet has specs comparable to the Huawei model and retails for about US$130.

Where in Thailand can you buy a Nexus 7 3g for 4995baht ?????? I will have 2.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I though about a Chinese Tab , but I really wanted one where I could get a Thai based warranty , does the Google Nexus 7 that you say you can get for the same price as the True BEYOND Tablet , have a 3G phone option ? , and does the new HP 7 '' tablet all so have a 3G phone option ?

wai.gif

It's a really slow processor for the price.

I'm not really wanting to do too much intensive stuff , just a bit of surfing and emails / phone calls . For the price and with a local warranty at the moment I can't find a better option , its just finding some one who has this tablet and getting an end users point of view . smile.png

wai.gif

Ahhh I see two different specifications for the screen on 2 different True web pages.. Well that's True for ya. Check to see what it sez on the box. I'd there an app that can check screen resolution???

For sure it is 1024 x 600 pixels. 720p is only for output to an external monitor.

Yes, but I've been following reports on the Chinese tablets, and while initial usage reports are good, it seems that the majority develop problems very soon after purchase.

Quite some buyers of the cheap.Chinese stuff tend to develop a tendency to start gravitating to better known brands for their next purchase.

The True tablet (huawei) is a big brand, and True have the advantage of a very wide support network...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Interesting to see that the screen resolution has increased to HD on the International sales website. smile.png Wonder how that will sit with their 'sales are final' policy when customers aren't happy with their non HD screens..

I think it will have the same effect as the Aigo, which is advertised as an IPS screen but in fact has a TFT screen.

When I called the headoffice, and got a Chnese from Aigo on the line, he said they wrote that in their spec because it had a picture as good as IPS. laugh.png

Yes, but I've been following reports on the Chinese tablets, and while initial usage reports are good, it seems that the majority develop problems very soon after purchase.

Quite some buyers of the cheap.Chinese stuff tend to develop a tendency to start gravitating to better known brands for their next purchase.

The True tablet (huawei) is a big brand, and True have the advantage of a very wide support network...

Isn't Huawei Chinese as well ?

Indeed, but for all practical means pretty much most electronics are Chinese (made anyway), including most Apple products.

Huawei is actually the biggest telecommunication equipment maker in the world! Not exactly a small player who want to have a go at selling a little tablet.

Huawei sell a lot of smartphones in China but not a lot of tablets. Other Chinese companies have developed a reputation for reliable tablets like Onda, Pipo and Ainol. Look at the Pipo U3 for a faster, 7 inch 3g tablet at about the same price. I think the question for the OP is do you want to sacrifice speed for the sake of a Thai warranty?

Huawei sell a lot of smartphones in China but not a lot of tablets. Other Chinese companies have developed a reputation for reliable tablets like Onda, Pipo and Ainol. Look at the Pipo U3 for a faster, 7 inch 3g tablet at about the same price. I think the question for the OP is do you want to sacrifice speed for the sake of a Thai warranty?

Pipo U3 doesn't have A-GPS. Perhaps a FreeLander PD10 Typhoon instead. All much of a muchness to me. :)

I did think about buying a tablet directly from China , but after talking to several friends and a neighbour here in Thailand who had purchased electronic items ( Android tablets and one mobile phone ) via Chinese web sites , the comments made were that each item purchased had an issue ( dead pixels , SD card slot with faulty retaining mechanism , WiFi and overheating problems ) the products had a warranty but the buyer had to pay the shipping costs to send the item back to China , which in one case took seven weeks to replace the the faulty item . In two cases Import fees were demanded by the Thai customs department . May be my neighbour and friends were just un lucky and there are many satisfied customers out there , but the thought of un packing a new tablet from China only to find a problem that needs the item to be returned to China and the possibility of receiving a new replacement tablet with yet another issue , is some thing that I would not really want to risk going through.

wai.gif

It seems the CPU is actually 1.2 GHZ and what difference would you really see between a 1.2 and 1.6 for everyday use? It seems like good value considering the 3G and GPS.

How would you remove all the girlie pop crap though?

Edited by edwardandtubs

It seems the CPU is actually 1.2 GHZ and what difference would you really see between a 1.2 and 1.6 for everyday use? It seems like good value considering the 3G and GPS.

I hope that removing all the Girls Generation stuff can be done , biggrin.png

Screenshot2013-06-14at125310PM_zps076fef

Where did you find that the CPU is rated at 1.2GHz? Looks like 1GHz to me.

Where did you find that the CPU is rated at 1.2GHz? Looks like 1GHz to me.

Screenshot2013-06-14at63805PM_zps0e526d2

There seems to be some specifications showing a 1GHz and some showing 1.2GHz .

Screenshot2013-06-14at64740PM_zpse0f7f58

wai.gif

Edited by ThaiLife