True BEYOND Android Tablet

ThaiLife

It seems the CPU is actually 1.2 GHZ and what difference would you really see between a 1.2 and 1.6 for everyday use? It seems like good value considering the 3G and GPS.

How would you remove all the girlie pop crap though?

Where did you find that the CPU is rated at 1.2GHz? Looks like 1GHz to me.

Screenshot2013-06-14at63805PM_zps0e526d2

There seems to be some specifications showing a 1GHz and some showing 1.2GHz .

Screenshot2013-06-14at64740PM_zpse0f7f58

wai.gif

Perhaps there are two versions. Because they also claim an HD screen on that advertisement. HD equals 720p. Though, in my opinion, you should perhaps put away your fantasy. It's likely 1GHz and 1024 x 600 Pixels. :)

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

It seems the CPU is actually 1.2 GHZ and what difference would you really see between a 1.2 and 1.6 for everyday use? It seems like good value considering the 3G and GPS.

How would you remove all the girlie pop crap though?

Where did you find that the CPU is rated at 1.2GHz? Looks like 1GHz to me.

Screenshot2013-06-14at63805PM_zps0e526d2

There seems to be some specifications showing a 1GHz and some showing 1.2GHz .

Screenshot2013-06-14at64740PM_zpse0f7f58

wai.gif

Perhaps there are two versions. Because they also claim an HD screen on that advertisement. HD equals 720p. Though, in my opinion, you should perhaps put away your fantasy. It's likely 1GHz and 1024 x 600 Pixels. smile.png

Bang goes another fantasy smile.png

s2-4_zpsa8c18cd1.jpg

And then this -

s1-4_zpsd5a6f628.jpg

Its got me whistling.gif

Where's Holmes when you need him biggrin.png

I think if you can find an official TRUE source that claims 1.2GHz, you may have an argument. No matter which way you look at it, you are looking at 1 GHz processor. Overclock it and you are looking at more heat and less battery life.

Had a play with one today and, as with many budget tablets, the display is is the letdown.

Terribly small viewing angle, and to boot, the True tablet's display seems awfully dim at maximum brightness. I have a cheapy Acer B1, with the same crappy viewing angle, but at least brightness is so good I can run it at 50% setting most of the time. The True tablet needs 100% for indoor use...

It's a petty, because there is almost zero competition at that price level for a tablet which includes a 3G modem.

I can confirm that it has all standard languages available. But the baked in True apps are mainly Thai only. Also the sales assistant told me only can use on True H. It's locked to the True network. Bummer.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Had a play with one today and, as with many budget tablets, the display is is the letdown.

Terribly small viewing angle, and to boot, the True tablet's display seems awfully dim at maximum brightness. I have a cheapy Acer B1, with the same crappy viewing angle, but at least brightness is so good I can run it at 50% setting most of the time. The True tablet needs 100% for indoor use...

It's a petty, because there is almost zero competition at that price level for a tablet which includes a 3G modem.

When I played with this tablet , I thought the same that even though the screen brightness was set to the maximum , the screen looked very dim , I was hoping it was some thing to do with the shop lighting . sad.png

Oh well as the display is one of the important areas I am looking for , my search continues for a 7 inch tablet with a decent screen , 3G phone capabilities , bluetooth , SD card slot and local warranty , goes on .

wai.gif

I can confirm that it has all standard languages available. But the baked in True apps are mainly Thai only. Also the sales assistant told me only can use on True H. It's locked to the True network. Bummer.

The words , Coffin and nail now spring to mind, thanks for the update wai.gif

Being locked into the True-H network I feel isn't that much of an issue.

I wouldn't want to use a tablet as phone anyway, and True-H's 3G network and package prices are as good (or as bad) as the other 2 main providers!

Main bummer for me is the display brightness.

Being locked into the True-H network I feel isn't that much of an issue. 

I wouldn't want to use a tablet as phone anyway, and True-H's 3G network and package prices are as good (or as bad) as the other 2 main providers!

Main bummer for me is the display brightness.

Any phone or tablet I buy I would like to use in the UK

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• 3 weeks later...

Well after seeing the screen brightness and being locked into the TRUE network , I gave the True BEYOND Tablet a pass rolleyes.gif

In my on going quest to find a 7 inch ( has to be 7 inches ) Android tablet with both 3G phone facility and bluetooth options , that I can get here in Thailand , Ive just now come across this ---

J1_zps97814e9d.png

which is still within the budget I want to pay and has a Thailand warranty , it seems to have a simular specification as the True BEYOND Table . I have not yet been to a JMart shop and had a play with one , so I'm wondering if any one here has got one of these jPad 723A Android tablets ? .

JMart web site

http://www.jaymart.co.th/ViewPro.asp?8131

wai.gif

• 4 months later...

the sales bird at central told me was able to use with dtac and 12call as well. also she told me if i switched my sim card to true would get 1000 baht knocked off the price.

the sales bird at central told me was able to use with dtac and 12call as well.  also she told me if i switched my sim card to true would get 1000 baht knocked off the price.

Dunno. Maybe they have changed them.. I don't believe they are selling well.. I would try before you buy.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.