Ekkayuth's body found; Victim's lawyer says case political

webfact

It has been said that the driver had access to the house so there must have been opportunity to get away with a lot of valuable stuff but it seems nothing was taken except the disks from the security cameras, supposedly on Ekkayuth's orders.

Why would someone who's going to be murderd, order to ersae all evidence ?

Edited by jbrain

5 mill seems a small amount of money to kill for specially if it has to be divided up among the 4 who have been fingered.

It has been said that the driver had access to the house so there must have been opportunity to get away with a lot of valuable stuff but it seems nothing was taken except the disks from the security cameras, supposedly on Ekkayuth's orders.

That in its self must surely raise suspicion for why if they were planning to take him somewhere and kill him would they or Ekkayuth need to erase what the cameras had recorded previous to that?

Those who are posting what a bad boy Ekkayuth was for running away to avoid prosecution, consider that Chalerm did the same thing.

Chalerm left the country to escape a criminal charge, returning after the relevant statute of limitations had expired? Is that right?

Robby nzPosted 56 minutes ago

What's your source, Robby NZ, is there another read that gives us more info? Or were my eyes too tired to see it in the op?

Personally I have my doubts whether this is political in spite of Chalerm's clumsy comments. When is he ever circumspect about anything anyway?

Why would anyone hire these amateurs and crucially allow the body to be found. It's not like the Muslim lawyer case where a coordinated effort involving trained police officers was put together by someone with a lot of influence and no body was ever found, so technically there was no murder case to answer.

have you thought that maybe they wanted him to be found so as a warning to others,to KEEP THERE MOUTHS CLOSED ABOUT CORRUPTION,AND TAX EVASION,,maybe
Nothing would surprise me, Winston.

Theft motive suspected? Karma? Political? Unlikely. Mister Ekkayuth is portrayed by the Nation, official newsletter of the Democrat Party as a legitimate businessman. Don't tell that to all the people he defrauded with his Pyramd scheme. Ekkayuth must have hundreds of people who wanted him dead. He could have expected that he would end up in a wooden box after returning to Thailand from England after the statute of limitations expired. Thai elite kill for less than tens of millions of baht per victim.

• Like 1

5 mill seems a small amount of money to kill for specially if it has to be divided up among the 4 who have been fingered.

That in its self must surely raise suspicion for why if they were planning to take him somewhere and kill him would they or Ekkayuth need to erase what the cameras had recorded previous to that?

Those who are posting what a bad boy Ekkayuth was for running away to avoid prosecution, consider that Chalerm did the same thing.

Chalerm left the country to escape a criminal charge, returning after the relevant statute of limitations had expired? Is that right?

Ekkayuth was the one who ran a huge pyramid scheme under the name Charter investment. He defrauded numerous rich and poor people and came back after the statute of limitations expired. So what comes around goes around. Chalerm is a completely different case. He faced the death penalty after just another military coup fled to Scandinavia and came back. You are probably referring to his son who Chalerm helped to flee to Cambodia after being accused of murdering a policeman in a discotheque. He eventually sat tight in a prison for a few months till they had bought off everyone.

Comparing the situation of Chalerm with Ekkayuth is laughable. Chalerm was disposed by the military and fled although all politicians are bad people he never setup a ponzi/pyramid scheme to defraud individuals. All politicians and military men are on the take but this is really different.

Edited by tragickingdom

You have to wonder about the entertainment available in Phattalung when hundreds of locals show to watch a decomposing corpse dug up.

Hmmm....upwind or down?

I suspect many of them were there to provide the obligatory sound effects.

Sounds like he wasn't such a good guy but murder is rarely acceptable

Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm is a real sharp one:

"Ekkayuth posted on his Facebook page allegations of tax evasion and money laundering" --> "money was the real motive for the murder"

No doubt Ekkayuth had plenty of enemies, especially those he ripped off in his pyramid scam.

But if he was killed by any of those why the B5m. That doesn't make sense.

If he was robbed & killed for the money, it is an extremely small amount to demand from someone so rich. That doesn't make sense either.

Chalerm says it was only for money. From someone who rarely, if ever, tells the truth, that certainly doesn't make sense.

His lawyer says it was a political crime. Makes sense but requires proof.

The real motive is speculation but it seems highly probable to me that there was a mastermind behind this crime - there almost always is in execution style killing.

I have my doubts that this will be diligently investigated by the police. They love their scapegoats.

No doubt Ekkayuth had plenty of enemies, especially those he ripped off in his pyramid scam.

But if he was killed by any of those why the B5m. That doesn't make sense.

If he was robbed & killed for the money, it is an extremely small amount to demand from someone so rich. That doesn't make sense either.

Chalerm says it was only for money. From someone who rarely, if ever, tells the truth, that certainly doesn't make sense.

His lawyer says it was a political crime. Makes sense but requires proof.

The real motive is speculation but it seems highly probable to me that there was a mastermind behind this crime - there almost always is in execution style killing.

I have my doubts that this will be diligently investigated by the police. They love their scapegoats.

Where is Khun Hercule when you need him? Edited by bigbamboo

In Thailand Live Thursday I found this:

"Police chief, at press conference, says Bt5 million cash likely motive for killing Akeyuth; seeking CCTV hard drives & memory; forensic result known this afternoon /MCOT"

I can understand they would like to get their hands on the hard drives, but memory?

CSI Bangkok have already determined that visible strangulation marks meant that the victim was definitely strangled to death, before any proper investigation.

I thought cause of death took 3 years. Perhaps the learning curve is different here. Well done Thai forensics!

I have to say I agree with the comments of Abhisit as quoted in the report.There is something about with the glib conclusions on motivation and the intervention of Chalerm that doesn't feel right.The "cui bono" approach in these matters isn't infallible but the implications of "who benefits" need to be carefully considered.What is needed of course is a thorough police investigation without interference.At this stage nothing can be ruled out.

Isn't K. Ekkayuth the only witness to Madam Yingluck's secret rendezvous with the Sansiri developer in a hotel room? Doesn't Madam Yingluck have a defamation case in the courts against three Democrats for repeating K. Ekkayuth's story. Might that be a motive for 'someone' interested in protecting the P.M.'s reputation? Wouldn't is help her case if the only witness can not be called to testify in defense of the Democrats?

The world is just full of strange coincidences thumbsup.gif Guess some people are just luckier than others how events turn out. No witnesses now to a government meeting that was scandalously distorted by a naughty buisnessmen to discredit the hard working excellent PM for his own dubious purposes.

Could it be that the dems had him silenced before his concience got the better of him and he addmitted the truth before retreating to become a monk? Eat your heart out Brothers Grimm.

Ekkayuth was the one who ran a huge pyramid scheme under the name Charter investment. He defrauded numerous rich and poor people and came back after the statute of limitations expired. So what comes around goes around. Chalerm is a completely different case. He faced the death penalty after just another military coup fled to Scandinavia and came back. You are probably referring to his son who Chalerm helped to flee to Cambodia after being accused of murdering a policeman in a discotheque. He eventually sat tight in a prison for a few months till they had bought off everyone.

Comparing the situation of Chalerm with Ekkayuth is laughable. Chalerm was disposed by the military and fled although all politicians are bad people he never setup a ponzi/pyramid scheme to defraud individuals. All politicians and military men are on the take but this is really different.

Nice alteration of history, with a feint to his son. After a coup,Chalerm was found to be corrupt and unusually wealthy, had a large segment of his wealth seized, and fled the country. Not quite a SoL case. On his return, he resumed his (corrupt) political career, notably handing his mate Thaksin cable TV licences (??) shortly after becoming the minister. If he faced the death penalty, it is a pity he escaped.

• Like 1

Wasn't it Chalerm himself who said after his drinking spree down south that he had been having a reunion with friends he had met while on the run,(from political oppression I think he called it) in Denmark from memory.

If I understand correctly he was about to be investigated for unusual wealth but ran before the investigation could begin.

No I wont look for a link.

And for the one who asked about the tapes; look back at previous news stories on this subject

Nice alteration of history, with a feint to his son. After a coup,Chalerm was found to be corrupt and unusually wealthy, had a large segment of his wealth seized, and fled the country. Not quite a SoL case. On his return, he resumed his (corrupt) political career, notably handing his mate Thaksin cable TV licences (??) shortly after becoming the minister. If he faced the death penalty, it is a pity he escaped.
I believe that was the last occasion there was something rotten in the state of Denmark.