Thai AirAsia Launches Grand Sale Promotion

george

Thai AirAsia Launches Grand Sale Promotion

BANGKOK: -- To help boost the number of visitors to Thailand during the Amazing Thailand Grand Sale (ATGS) 2013, AirAsia is offering special promotional airfares for both domestic and international destinations.

For travel from international destinations to Thailand, fares start from THB 1,290 per way (inclusive of airport tax).

For those who are interested in exploring different parts of Thailand, fares to domestic destinations start from THB 790 THB per way (inclusive of airport tax).

The promotion will run until 23 June 2013 for travel between 15 June and 15 August 2013. Terms and conditions apply.

The Amazing Thailand Grand Sale 2013 is being held from 15 June to 15 August 2013.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand’s target is to reach 15,000 participating department stores, retail outlets, duty free shops, hotels, airlines, jewelry shops, spas and golf courses in 7 major cities: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Hat Yai, Pattaya, Hua Hin and Samui.

Tourists can look out for special offers of discounts of up to 80%, exclusively for Visa cardholders at leading department stores and shopping complexes such as: Central, Central World, The Mall, Paragon, Emporium, Robinson, Gaysorn Plaza, Siam Discovery and Erawan.

In July, and for the first time, Visa will host a special three-day “Grander than Grand Sale” event at Terminal 21 – only for domestic cardholders, offering exclusive privileges and discounts.

tvn.png
-- 2013-06-13

I've always like Thai Air Asia. Their flight staff are the best looking in the world. The planes are always clean, but their promotional sales have very restrictive terms. This isn't a bad one. Don't miss a flight. They WILL charge for it.

TIGER: I will never fly Tiger again. The stuff they called "food" was absolute muck.

VIRGIN: I will never fly Virgin again after a business class fare bought me an economy seat with no one sitting next to me and a plain white bread boiled egg sandwich. That was lunch. When I asked for another plain, white bread boiled egg sandwich, one of the BLOND flight attendants, calling everyone "Daaarling and Love" told me they had run out. The sandwiches were very popular.

JETSTAR. The worst. When in transit from Sydney to Bangkok, ticketing staff forced me to buy a return airfare to Melbourne, before they would let me back on the plane, when I had already booked other flights in Asia with the FALSE excuse "You can't visit a country without a return air fare" (something that has never been a problem visiting Thailand - any wonder they get a lot of tourists - they make is so easy) and then when I threatened legal action, a nine months wait to get a refund and THEN they "deducted" administration charges from the refund. You must be Joking Jetstar.

I fly GARUDA whenever possible and am a Gold Pass Frequent Flyer traveller. Something you can "buy" in Jakarta or Bali. 35kilos of luggage and executive lounges, 1.5 times more points and priority boarding etc etc.

Missing and/ or getting flights wrong, all probable for the old or the distracted. Every one fixed up at the airport with no extra charge. Magic.

They are the most user friendly airline I have been on, better than Singapore and as good as Thai. In my experience.

gave up on AA over 2 years ago , sick of being treated like a problem instead of a paying customer...i know the fares can be cheap but I would rather pay a couple of thousand baht more and be valued plus have no arguments over a 1 kg over weight on a 15kg bag that i've already paid extra for!!!!!

Now use Bangkok Airways if possible or Smile (as a last resort)

• Like 1

I've always like Thai Air Asia. Their flight staff are the best looking in the world. The planes are always clean, but their promotional sales have very restrictive terms. This isn't a bad one. Don't miss a flight. They WILL charge for it.

TIGER: I will never fly Tiger again. The stuff they called "food" was absolute muck.

VIRGIN: I will never fly Virgin again after a business class fare bought me an economy seat with no one sitting next to me and a plain white bread boiled egg sandwich. That was lunch. When I asked for another plain, white bread boiled egg sandwich, one of the BLOND flight attendants, calling everyone "Daaarling and Love" told me they had run out. The sandwiches were very popular.

JETSTAR. The worst. When in transit from Sydney to Bangkok, ticketing staff forced me to buy a return airfare to Melbourne, before they would let me back on the plane, when I had already booked other flights in Asia with the FALSE excuse "You can't visit a country without a return air fare" (something that has never been a problem visiting Thailand - any wonder they get a lot of tourists - they make is so easy) and then when I threatened legal action, a nine months wait to get a refund and THEN they "deducted" administration charges from the refund. You must be Joking Jetstar.

I fly GARUDA whenever possible and am a Gold Pass Frequent Flyer traveller. Something you can "buy" in Jakarta or Bali. 35kilos of luggage and executive lounges, 1.5 times more points and priority boarding etc etc.

Missing and/ or getting flights wrong, all probable for the old or the distracted. Every one fixed up at the airport with no extra charge. Magic.

They are the most user friendly airline I have been on, better than Singapore and as good as Thai. In my experience.

Try Thai Smile - their staff are the best lookers if that is what you want- and treat you like a human unlike AAsia

I used Air Asia last month to go from BKK to Hanoi. The only negative that came up was that they weighed my carry-on when I left and it was within the guidelines, no problem. On my return, with exactly the same items inside my suitcase, they told me I was overweight and next time they would charge me extra for my carry-on. That was weird. Other than that, Air Asia treated me well, and were on time.

after 9 kilometers elevated highway to Chonburi he handed the steering wheel over to me. That was funny indeed. He told he was pissed and I showed my Thai license. I paid him with a tip because I had good time in his Altis Automatic arriving safely home.........

... and then I looked at the Alti's altimeter and saw we were over 20,000 meters high, but when I reached for the oxygen mask, my hand came back holding a large Tookay who had spiraling lasers coming out of his eyes, and began to sing luk theung; his slobbering, mixed with my tears as I flashed back on that night in Bangkok, blinded me.

But, it was okay, because the driver, Khun Nemo, had turned into an octopus, and had taken over the wheel with one tentacle as I passed out.

~o:37;

• Like 1

My only experience with AA was good and for a short stay and no requirement to eat airplane food or drink during the promotion days we loved it. No issues with staff or the plan. It was very affordable. I will definitely fly again when we find the deal periods coincide with our plans which seems very rare. We need them in Oct this year so if you are an AA rep take notice we need another promo!!! Will be state side in July-August so no go for us. AA did purchase 50% of Jet Airways in March so possible new routes with deals, if I recalled that correcty maybe different airlines and different dates memory not like it use to be and some times I make up things.

AA did purchase 50% of Jet Airways in March so possible new routes with deals, if I recalled that correcty maybe different airlines and different dates memory not like it use to be and some times I make up things.

Erm, I think you'll find that it was Etihad who have agreed to purchase 24% of Jet Airways, at the end of April. wai2.gif

But Air Asia do have a deal to launch Air Asia India, in partnership with the Tata group, and another Indian company, launch in September is awaiting government-paperwork at the last I heard.

Edited by Ricardo

Sounds like a typical air asia special... I dont see whats so grand about it. Last year I grabbed a couple flights to bangkok from Phuket for 490 each. The funny thing was that the "infant seat" for my newborn costs 500thb and the baby is on my lap. I hate the switch to Don Muang though and the fact that they cant even offer a complimentary cup of water is kind of ridiculous whether you get a sale flight or not.

• Like 1

I've got to say I also agree with this child free concept.........there's been too many times when I've been on an aircraft whether in business class or economy where a child has screamed all the way through the flight.

I was on a flight last year where a fellow female passenger burst into tears at the relentless wailing of the child next to her. It was quite frankly horrendous.

The $25.00 would be cheap to avoid that level of brain damage.

Espinete. If you web checkin you don't have to q.

Not true. I always use the web check in service, but there are still times I have had to queue up (for a long time) along with everyone else who used web check in - in order to check baggage.

I assumed he would not have check in luggage if he flies every week.

Flown Air Asia dozens of times...never had a serious problem with anything.

I agree , I have been using AA since their first aircraft were flying , web site better than average , food "snack attack " suits me , amongst the best airline food I have ever had , seating clean tidy and just okay for short hauls , Timing normally arrives early , I think one late one in hundreds of flights ,

Just take care with on line web site when you know it its mostly fine

Long Haul experiences ...

Thai airlines dirty expensive oldest 747 i have ever seen ( and staff ) , no entertainment from LHR to BKK ..

Singapore airlines .. ran out of food both ways to LHR

Air new Zealand .. great flight overall best for HK to LHR .

KLM with Amsterdam hub transfer to North east England ( Teeside airport ) service adequate timings and price super !!!!

PS never use business class , or first class any more ..I just cannot justify it , I just cannot see the value ..