How long does it take to renew W/P

Hi, just curious how long does it take for you (or your agency) to renew WP and what is the cost. I renewed 4 times already (with two different agents) and every time it takes around 2 months and cost approx 30,000 THB (10,000 with receipts) including re-entry permit. One agency asked for 40k and they promised to do within 1 months.

I have no intention to run by myself so just want to know any experience from your side ...

Actual cost of renewing a work permit is 3000 baht. And should not take more than a few few days.

For extension of stay it is 1900 baht and takes a few hours at the most. The re-entry permit costs 1000 baht for a single entry and 3800 for a multiple entry and can be done at the same time as the extension of stay.

It appears you are also paying for the accounting, documentation and etc. needed for both.

Which indicates to me that you are paying for it because you have your own company.

Edited by ubonjoe

- Preparation of the renewal documents is quite simple, you can find details in English quite easily and there's lots of information on this subject

here on TV. Medical certificate is easy and straight forward. There is absolutely no need whatever to engage a lawyer to do this work. .

- In 99% of cases processing at the Labour Ministry is very straight forward, if the documents are correct, and from my experience in Bkk, CM,

Pathum Thani, and Lampung, no more than two working days.

- Visa and re-entry stamp also easy and one to two days at the most.

The fees you quote are outrageous, and their claims of two months etc., processing time are more than outrageous.

There are many other agencies who do this type of work. Many of the bigger (local) accounting companies which have broader

business services also do this work, at a fraction of the costs mentioned.

A few years back I used Sunbelt Asia several times, good and prompt service at about only 20% (or less) of the charges you mention.

(Not sure If I'm allowed to mention their name here - PM to me if their name is removed)

Good luck.