Gas barbeques

harada

Im looking to buy a 4 burner gas barbeque for my place in Chomtong, Ive looked at bbqthai but their prices seem to be a bit high,I dont mind paying a bit more for good quality imported stuff,but not 400%. Can anyone give me some info on gas barbeques available at Rimping re quality and price any info will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Good luck finding a good quality gas bbq with a proper cover/lid in Thailand that isn't priced five times higher than in the USA. Yes there are a few companies that sell them in Thailand but I have never found one where the price was even halfway decent.

I buy a basic gas bbq in usa for about $40-50 usd and bring it to Thailand...they have to replace the valve as there is some difference between the gas/pressure or whatever it is in USA and LOS. I pay a local guy about 500 baht to fix it up so I can hook it up to larger gas tank.

Funny but most every thai who sees my gas grill with a proper closing top, temp gauge, electronic starter etc seems to be a bit of a mystery to them why I would not just buy a thai verison and cook over charcoal...but I am lazy and like the convenience of cooking over gas without having to fool with the charcoal versions.

• Like 2

Have you looked here?

http://www.gasbbqthailand.com/

Not as cheap as 40 USD but very good quality for the money

Doc's BBQs are awesome. Not cheap, but a sturdy build. Double walled stainless steel. Not like the cheapies which rust out in a few years. We use ours 3-5 times a week and it still looks brand new after 3 years.

post-5869-0-85847900-1371174627_thumb.jp

Can't beat the traditional charcoal, however it is not always convienient. Homepro have had a couple of new Imported varieties, from the US, for about 1 YR now. can't remember the brand but pretty popular in the USA. They incorporate the 'new' Infra-Red technology. pretty good stuff by the look of them. Plenty of youtube videos about them. Stainless of course. I would dearly love to have one.

But I am sure it won't surprise you that being imported from the US means that whilst it retails in the states for $269.00, it retails at Homepro for 20 Grand! And that's just the smaller of the two models they have. The bigger 4 burner is 30 grand! You couldn't buy it on principle.

I recently bought a new gas 4 burner BBQ in Phuket, cost was 24,000 baht, same BBQ in Australia was $350, they cost more here but if you want to use them you have to pay and I did shop around and look online, this was the best deal going for a quality BBQ.

• Like 1

I recently bought a new gas 4 burner BBQ in Phuket, cost was 24,000 baht, same BBQ in Australia was $350, they cost more here but if you want to use them you have to pay and I did shop around and look online, this was the best deal going for a quality BBQ.

Yes, if it is not stainless you should make sure you get the heavy Baked Enamel variety. The others rust out quickly enough in temperate Australia, let alone in the tropics.

If you're kludging something together yourself, cast-iron works fine you just need to keep it seasoned never wash it!

I used an old architectural piece dipped in acid, over coal or wood when I could find it, did good service for twenty years, might even still be there (country Victoria) but probably not maintained properly, would then quickly rust away.

I have been thinking for 8 years about buying a gas BBQ. Out of principle I will NOT pay 25K for something that costs less than $300 in the States.

If anybody could find a better deal, let me know.

Otherwise we could all get together and order a container load of good gas BBQ's... whistling.gif

Bought this one from Verasu in Bangkok & they delivered it up to Chiang Mai (and will deliver anywhere in Thailand) for a nominal charge. See www.verasu.com/product_detail.php?pid=765

It was on special sale at the time for less than THB20k but is now selling for THB 23,725. Still excellent value & I've been extremely impressed with this BBQ & the value it represents.

Edited by iang

I have been thinking for 8 years about buying a gas BBQ. Out of principle I will NOT pay 25K for something that costs less than $300 in the States.

If anybody could find a better deal, let me know.

Otherwise we could all get together and order a container load of good gas BBQ's... whistling.gif

-

And after the overall shipping costs, import duties etc will likely find you've saved very little to compensate for the huge amount of time and headaches involved.

Why would you expect a jar of Vegemite to cost the same here as in Oz?

They're not ripping you off, fact is there's hardly any local market, the Thais are sensible enough to know a B200 clay pot and B10 worth of charcoal get the job done, or split a steel drum in half, or toss an iron plate over a stack of bricks or. . .

As I sit here next to my iron steed cooking ribs I thought I'd chime in. I had it made in CM city for 9000 bht. Sorry the guy isn't here anymore but perhaps you can look into having someone make you one. I also appreciate the convince and less-mess of gas even though I make my own charcoal from lamyia. Nothing like the control from gas for low and slow BBQing!

post-101742-0-54185100-1371276080_thumb.

My charcoal Weber in action smoking with longan wood. I really prefer charcoal over gas for flavor and it is easy to control flare ups - just close the lid! However I do use my gas one if I have more guests than the Weber can handle. I shipped the BBQs with the rest of my gear from Oz and luckily no duty paid on anything in my 40' container smile.pngpost-95487-0-91905200-1371277418_thumb.j

Bought this in Jomtien yesterday at http://www.bbqthai.com/why_bbqthai.html

It's quality stainless steel and cast iron and I plan to use at home in Udon Thani where I don't have a lot of room.

Disregard gas bottle in pics, the bottle actually fits inside the unit.

Previously had a big Weber Charcoal unit for about 4 years, but left it on the farm I was living on in Nong Bua Lamphu. That was from Truvalue in Pattaya and from memory was about $100 more than the cost in Australia.

post-77706-0-60277400-1371278549_thumb.j

post-77706-0-05278000-1371278575_thumb.j

We bought an Australian made BBQ at Rimping about 7 years ago, quite expensive but good quality. We didn't use it for a few years when we moved back to Australia but when we arrived back in CNX, I lit it up and it worked just fine.

As we came back with a shipping container of stuff, we also brought a "Down Under" 4 Burner with us which we used in Australia. It is sitting under-wraps so if you get stuck, let me know and perhaps we can do a deal.

Cheers,

Murray.

I have an old Weber 1000LX gas BBQ. It sat in the flood of 2011. The body is cast aluminum in good shape. I suspect that the burners and controls need to be replaced.

It is located in Samkhok, Pathumthani.

First B500 takes it away. Why B500? Cause I can get almost that much at a recycle dump! Would rather sell to someone who would rehab it.

Email me direct at: < Email removed, use PM function >

Edited by metisdead
13) Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

Good luck finding a good quality gas bbq with a proper cover/lid in Thailand that isn't priced five times higher than in the USA. Yes there are a few companies that sell them in Thailand but I have never found one where the price was even halfway decent.

I buy a basic gas bbq in usa for about $40-50 usd and bring it to Thailand...they have to replace the valve as there is some difference between the gas/pressure or whatever it is in USA and LOS. I pay a local guy about 500 baht to fix it up so I can hook it up to larger gas tank.

Funny but most every thai who sees my gas grill with a proper closing top, temp gauge, electronic starter etc seems to be a bit of a mystery to them why I would not just buy a thai verison and cook over charcoal...but I am lazy and like the convenience of cooking over gas without having to fool with the charcoal versions.

Opinion: If you are paying only 40-50 USD for a 'basic model' with stated features...recommend you start an import business to bring them in mass to Thailand. There would be a LARGE market for such a model even if priced at 10 K baht locally. I would sign-up for one now.

Just received the latest Verasu catalogue in the mail today. They're publicising a series of "Super Shock" sales - each of which runs for a few days only. For the days if 2nd, 3rd & 4th July, they're advertising a 3 burner stainless steel 'Urban Grill' BBQ - normal price Baht 31,300 - Super Shock price Baht 15,650 - so half price, but for these days only. They'll freight the thing to Chiang Mai for only a few hundred Baht. See www.verasu.com or email [email protected] . I bought our (larger model but same brand) BBQ from Verasu at one of these Super Shock sales last year & they even took & confirmed the order ahead of the sale starting, but would not dispatch the BBQ until the 1st day of the sale! Didn't matter to me.

Currently this model is already on sale for Baht 20,345 - see http://www.verasu.com/product_detail.php?pid=763 but as I said, on teh 2nd, 3rd & 4th July will sell for Baht 15,650. Seems a pretty good deal for Thailand & far far less than you'll find at Rimping or Homepro etc.

Edited by iang
  • Like 2

found mine at bbqthai in sukhumvit soi 39 its a 3 burner beefmaster i sent it to Udon in 2003 still working fine cost then 23k but all cast and enamel on a teak frame

They are also in CM on Canal Rd.