The Ashes Tour 2013

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to question why Pat Howard, the Executive manager of High Performance was not sacked also. He seems to be unpopular amongst the players and he has brought new levels of non performance to teh team. Seems like a classic case of blame the players and coaches, while the upper management stays in place on their high salaries.

I have to question why Pat Howard, the Executive manager of High Performance was not sacked also. He seems to be unpopular amongst the players and he has brought new levels of non performance to teh team. Seems like a classic case of blame the players and coaches, while the upper management stays in place on their high salaries.

Yep, and you can add CEO James Sutherlands name to that list as well.

All of this crap has been happening on his watch but as usual (in cricket), the administrators

just keep sacking and employing people and pointing the finger elsewhere.

I doubt any of these highly paid guys will fall on their swords.

On a more boring note,how can I watch the ashes here in LOS,I would be prepared to buy a new system if I knew it was available,I know it's not on True,is it on the Malaysian Astro system if so I don't think that works up here in Phetchabun.

I know I can probably find it streaming on line but that's so unreliable,any ideas guys ?

• Like 1

Yep, and you can add CEO James Sutherlands name to that list as well.

All of this crap has been happening on his watch but as usual (in cricket), the administrators

just keep sacking and employing people and pointing the finger elsewhere.

I doubt any of these highly paid guys will fall on their swords.

I agree about Sutherland...He aint going nowhere either.

Do warm up/tour games have any relevance to the Tests themselves?

Ashes 2013: England top order slump against Essex

Ashes 2013: Australia complete victory over Somerset

Also of interest may be Ashes gossip column: Stories and rumours from international media

As the ICC Trophy games showed, a lot will depend on the weather. But if England's top order can consistently perform to their abilities then they should hold onto the urn.

I don't think Australia can win, but I fear England are capable of losing!

Barmy Army trumpeter Billy Cooper banned from first Ashes Test ...

519146-017fb13a-e83f-11e2-b459-490c5143e

WITH The Ashes barely 24 hours away, England's fun police have stepped in to ensure that nobody has a good time.

Billy Cooper, aka Billy the trumpeter, has been banned from blowing his horn in the first Test at Trent Bridge in Nottingham.

The much-loved musician is a highly-accomplished performer who holds an honours degree in music, and regularly plays in orchestras. He has been a regular fixture among the Barmy Army on Australian tours, and is considered part and parcel of the colour and noise of an Ashes series.

Until now.

HERE

Sad really ... I'm a fan of the Barmy Army

Barmy Army trumpeter Billy Cooper banned from first Ashes Test ...

519146-017fb13a-e83f-11e2-b459-490c5143e

WITH The Ashes barely 24 hours away, England's fun police have stepped in to ensure that nobody has a good time.

Billy Cooper, aka Billy the trumpeter, has been banned from blowing his horn in the first Test at Trent Bridge in Nottingham.

The much-loved musician is a highly-accomplished performer who holds an honours degree in music, and regularly plays in orchestras. He has been a regular fixture among the Barmy Army on Australian tours, and is considered part and parcel of the colour and noise of an Ashes series.

Until now.

HERE

Sad really ... I'm a fan of the Barmy Army

Good. I hate that racket at the cricket/football. Especially when they subject the whole ground to trumpets and drums.

On a more boring note,how can I watch the ashes here in LOS,I would be prepared to buy a new system if I knew it was available,I know it's not on True,is it on the Malaysian Astro system if so I don't think that works up here in Phetchabun.

I know I can probably find it streaming on line but that's so unreliable,any ideas guys ?

I am also interested in watching the Ashes but in Isaan probably no hope at all. If anyone knows of a way to watch it up here please let me know.

I am also interested in watching the Ashes but in Isaan probably no hope at all. If anyone knows of a way to watch it up here please let me know.

Have a read of this ... watching-cricket-in-thailand-on-your-computer

Some good suggestions there.

I was able to watch the Boxing Day Test in Australia.

Low -res and all that but ... when you have limited choices and the fact that it's free ... thumbsup.gif

How about predictions for the series?

I will predict 3-1 in favour of England

I can't see us winning one. Am hoping for a few draws

courtesy of rain 4 - 0.

Hello Wil it's that time again.....alas no Blinky.

I seem to recall you being a big fan of Mr. Clarkes the last time we met......have you changed your opinion.

Low -res and all that but ... when you have limited choices and the fact that it's free ... thumbsup.gif

Looked these up but none seem to have the ashes.sad.png

How about this one?

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=cricket

Dave Warner has been dropped for Australia. Steve Smith to play

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/smith-set-to-play-in-first-test-20130710-2pq3n.html

Apparently England isn't so flash playing Leg Spin so, from your article above ...

"Smith has the added string to his bow in that he can also bowl leg spin.

It will do Warner good being dropped. His ego outweighs his recent contributions

• Like 2

How about predictions for the series?

I will predict 3-1 in favour of England

I can't see us winning one. Am hoping for a few draws

courtesy of rain 4 - 0.

Hello Wil it's that time again.....alas no Blinky.

I seem to recall you being a big fan of Mr. Clarkes the last time we met......have you changed your opinion.

G'day mate

Funny thing, back then I was never a fan. But now he's the only "star" in the side, I've warmed to him a bit.

He has to get a truck load of runs for us to be any chance but you never know. Our bowling looks pretty good though.

Regards

Will

Well 7by7 ... I know how much of a fan you are of the Ashes.

Are you giving up Thai Visa for the 5 days (hopefully) that the Ashes are on?

Well 7by7 ... I know how much of a fan you are of the Ashes.

Are you giving up Thai Visa for the 5 days (hopefully) that the Ashes are on?

You hopeful he is giving up Thaivisa or that the test goes for 5 days? whistling.gif

Australia has launched its Ashes campaign by springing a major selection surprise on England, handing a shock Test debut to 19-year-old spinner Ashton Agar.

The left-armer finger spinner has been catapulted into the team after just 10 first class matches and is the 12th youngest Australian Test debutant.

He was presented with his Baggy Green cap, No. 434, by former Test great Glenn McGrath in a team huddle on the field at Trent Bridge.

Low -res and all that but ... when you have limited choices and the fact that it's free ... Posted Image

Looked these up but none seem to have the ashes.Posted Image
How about this one?

Cheers up I'm up and running,happy days,gonna hook it up to the TV shortly.

post-118612-13734521527279_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Australia has launched its Ashes campaign by springing a major selection surprise on England, handing a shock Test debut to 19-year-old spinner Ashton Agar.

The left-armer finger spinner has been catapulted into the team after just 10 first class matches and is the 12th youngest Australian Test debutant.

He was presented with his Baggy Green cap, No. 434, by former Test great Glenn McGrath in a team huddle on the field at Trent Bridge.

A good West Aussie lad.

Good move by the selectors methinks. Agar can bat and doesn't seem to get over-awed.

I think Lyon was only fair at best so a good move by Boof and Marshy in promoting some youth.

• Like 1

How about this one?

Mate ... great link ... thumbsup.gif

Working at my end ... just have to turn off that annoying right hand side commentary.

• Like 1

Thoughts on possible outcomes and all please gents?

Somkie you should know that by now. coffee1.gif

Ashes to Ashes, dust to dust, just bury then. 5-0

Please Good Lord, give us our daily bread Updates and deliver us from all that evil offtopic2.gif like the "Three Lions and Ireland" delivered us from evil as what they went to do.

"Yes", butt, sad they have to go "Up and Under" and "Down Under" bah.gif for "Victory" w00t.gif

True no show itcool.png

Win

P.S. Should members knot know about "Rugby Union" nor "Down Under", just ignore the off topic bit.

• Like 1