Abhisit, Suthep face murder charges

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they are actually charged with

Collaborating with troops in ordering troops to kill the public

I didn't know notthenation was syndicated to thaivisa.

Where did they get that law from? Do they realise that any member of a family of someone killed by the troops down south can now accuse yingluck?

Well, I am guessing that Yingluck can now also be prosecuted, and furthermore her Humand Rights abusing fugutive brother can now be prosecuted for the Tae Bak Massacare, the war on drugs etc, etc?

Of course, I forgot that in Red Democracy there are two separate rules applied in law.

Maybe Abhisit can do a runner like his mentor's brother. wink.png

"Mentor's brother? Do you mean Thaksin or am I not aware of who you are talking about? Why would Abhisit run? He's not a coward and will face whatever charges are slapped on him. Not like TS, who thinks he can do no wrong and is above the law.

He meant Chuan Leekpai's brother. The poster is a master of introducing irrelevant 'facts' into the topic.

He is also a poor responder to comments on his posts too.

I've said it before, as far as I am concerned, the SoE that was in operation at the time is their very simple get out of jail free card.

Of course it was. The army wasn't going to hang themselves without getting the legal plan in place.

But trying to get abhisit is stupid. Using a law like this criminalises any politician for ordering the army to intervene in Thailand against Thais.

What is the legal difference between this and the army acting in the south?

Obviously you do not have a clue. The southern situation is based on outright "terrorism" whereas the Bangkok situation was based on legitimate protest.

Perhaps your idea of terrorism and my own is very different, what I saw live and on TV at the time made me see things differently, as far as I am concerned it went from being a peaceful protest to terrorism very quickly.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/ctFrx6lF4Z6/Thai+Redshirt+Protesters+Storm+Parliament/1QLNb2pRSU1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2010/apr/10/riots-in-bangkok

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/asiapacific/features/article_1546988.php/In-Pictures-Thailand-Political-Protest

(scroll through to see the relevant pictures of these supposed "non-terrorist", "peaceful" protestors)

EDIT: And a few videos . . .

Edited by Tatsujin
  • Like 1

I've said it before, as far as I am concerned, the SoE that was in operation at the time is their very simple get out of jail free card.

Of course it was. The army wasn't going to hang themselves without getting the legal plan in place.

But trying to get abhisit is stupid. Using a law like this criminalises any politician for ordering the army to intervene in Thailand against Thais.

What is the legal difference between this and the army acting in the south?

Obviously you do not have a clue. The southern situation is based on outright "terrorism" whereas the Bangkok situation was based on legitimate protest.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. But the Red Shirt protesters lost any legtimacy when they turned to rioting, looting, arson, invading hospitals, shooting at people and throwing grenades. This was all orchestrated by one man, for the benefit of one man, and thankfully did not go according to his plan.

Did you witness this "Bangkok situation' first hand? Were you stopped by these "legitmate protesters' who demanded your passport?

Clueless - yep, sums your post up.

I have no clue. The army is shooting Thai citizens down south. I fail to see any technical legal difference whatsoever.

Quite unexpectedly a character witness for both the Army as well as implicitly k. Abhisit and Suthep has come forward.
From Thailand Live Tuesday 18 June #26:

Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm brushed aside the claim by the BRN insurgent group that violence in the area has been caused by soldiers, adding that Thai soldiers have been trained to protect lives, not to take them.

• Like 1

But wait there's more............

"President of the UDD also praises the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) sanction to bring in Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban to the prosecutor office on 26th June 2013. Assoc Prof. is extremely satisfied that the investigation is already at this point of the proceeding especially in the case of E-sa (12 years old boy) and Mr. Samon Maithong who were shot killed by security forces bullet in “Pratu Nam” (water gate) area on 15 May 2010. Mrs. Tida plead to the DSI not to stop here and to push forward their investigations to cover not only for the people who died but for all those who have been injured by the government crackdowns as well. She stressed that the evidences between the two cases are related to each other and therefore its should be under the same inquiry."

Expect Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban to be charged with asult causing actual bodily harm as well. Is this a case of the tail wagging the dog?

Maybe Abhisit can do a runner like his mentor's brother. wink.png

It really makes me cringe when the only presentation to this discussion is by certain members who can only donate some stupid reply concerning Thaksin. They have nothing constructive to say whatsoever. whistling.gif

Put Abhisit in queue. First the fugitive from Dubai faces his charges, then they can let Abhisit face his.

I cant see this desicion as a laughing matter. What i think is real is that the the public riots in 2010 could have been solved with a totally different metod, like water cannons, massive tear gas and so on. No need to go in with blazing guns and snipers. If we look at the arab spring, the top guys who tried to resolve the uprising the same way now find them self in the dock, some have even been given life sentence.

The reds/blackshirts were armed and had already used those munitions. First rule of a fight, if you can't walk away (because the city is being destroyed both physically and economically) then you don't take a water cannon to a gun fight.

Blackshirts armed and issued with army boots ?

Your arguments are bordering on the pathetic now. There is a fella round the corner sells army boots in his shop, would you like me to mail you a dozen pairs, come to think of it, if I put a pair on does that make me a member of the army.. Go check you tube yourself, there are many vids of the Blackshirts, both in action AND parading with the reds, standing on/behind the stage, standing for inspection by Sae Deng before his own people whacked him. I have no idea what type of old sailor you are but it's definitely not military (or will you claim to be SBS or Seal), you appear to have not the slightest clue about what was going on, who was armed, what they were doing and what the responsibility of a Government is when a city is under seige. You also have no idea of what rules of engagement mean and what the sworn responsibility of the soldiers is. So, save your response and send it to the Beano.

Not sure what kind of old sailor he was but I am sure he has seen his share of seamen! hehehe

• Like 1

One thing's for sure, Abhisit will have a clear conscience and won't be considering doing a runner.

A man of principal who will take responsibility for his actions.

I'm sure he's expecting the 'we know the result so let's backtrack' mentality of this country.

Come on you Red sympathisers. Just tell me what this country's future is. I'd love to know. All common sense and Opposition out the window.

Hopefully Thailand will become aware that the world doesn't stop at the Thai borders and that the grown ups in the first world will be watching this pathetic Kindergarten petulance.

One thing's for sure, Abhisit will have a clear conscience and won't be considering doing a runner.

I'm sure he's expecting the 'we know the result so let's backtrack' mentality of this country.

Come on you Red sympathisers. Just tell me what this country's future is. I'd love to know. All common sense and Opposition out the window.

Hopefully Thailand will become aware that the world doesn't stop at the Thai borders and that the grown ups in the first world will be watching this pathetic Kindergarten petulance.

No he doesn't have a clear conscience, he just knows he is untouchable .

No he doesn't have a clear conscience, he just knows he is untouchable .

If so, at least he's here and not an offshore coward who is even more 'untouchable'.
  • Like 2