Data Recovery

mervyn

I have a WD 2TB Essential external drive which unfortunately has crashed.My computer recognises a device but not what the device is.

I wonder if there is anywhere in Pattaya which could recover the data and repair the drive .

There are plenty of data recovery software applications available online.

The following link is a (limited) free version that I have successfully used.

http://www.easeus.com/

Go to the download page.

But be warned, the process is very slow.

In your case, if your computer doesn't recognise your external drive, the software might also have a similar problem. There's only one way to find out and it won't cost you a penny.

I second MightyMouse's post with regards to the EASUS recovery software. Try the free version first and if that doesn't work (the functions are very limited and may not applicable in your case), buy a copy of their full recovery suite. I think it's around $70, but well worth it, because you can keep the copy for any future incidents.

I had a corrupted external hard drive containing lots of important documents and years worth of photos. EASUS was able to recover practically all of them and it took only about 6 hours for the program to scan the entire hard drive.

Here's a quick vid with some suggestions:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/157521/How_to_Resurrect_a_Crashed_Hard_Drive.html?%23tk.out_mod?=obnetwork

Another idea is to try a different usb port, or a different lead (or just, if possible, reverse the terminals on the one you are using). And try putting your drive into another enclosure -they are easy to change, google/youtube is your friend. AA