Brilliant lifestyle here

Ozybear

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Ozybear, many here aren't happy unless they can feel superior, happy stories don't fly as well here, we'll all keep picking away until we find the fly in the ointment, sounds too good to be true, misery loves company etc etc.

Have you paid your rent yet?:whistling:

Have you.

Yes,I paid it yesterday to the Bangkok Doctor that owns the house I rent,have you?

Nope. Classy home made from teak and Siam rosewood already paid for.

Have you paid your rent yet?whistling.gif

Have you.

Yes,I paid it yesterday to the Bangkok Doctor that owns the house I rent,have you?

I'm going to take a wild guess here but I think mine may be worth more than yours on the open market?whistling.gif

Of course I don't own it but then neither do you!cheesy.gif

@benalibina Beat who, join who? I do not indulge in repeated critique of Thais on this forum. I was agreeing with Transam as his post is truthful from my personal experience. You're telling me it's not so? I do realise deceit is carried out in all societies. However, I am shocked at the relatively common behaviour of some Thais, as related by my wife, regards the calculated depth of deception by them of their foreign husbands/BFs, I am not referring to sex

Ok to get the picture right. Your an TA misses's hearing stories from other thai women, friends ?, about how they bullshit there husbands, financially i guess, they keep schtum, likely ?, but tell it to their respective husbands, you and TA.What do you ask or say then to your misses after she told a story ? Nothing or...... ?

Chum, I could right a book, to reveal stuff directly could ruin a guys life and that is not on for me. I would rather talk here anonymously and plant a few seeds for thought. Must add, some guys have found out stuff but live with it as theres nothing they can do about it when one has built a life here.

My point was about your partners, for simplelife as well, not about yours. My question is; when your partners hear those stories about deceit from other people, WHAT do they speak back in return ? Silence probably ! That is sad !! You guys adapting the same attitude says enough, sorry to say.

Have you.

I'm going to take a wild guess here but I think mine may be worth more than yours on the open market?whistling.gif

But if they sold it, he is entitled to half no matter what.

Whereas you...well you would have to call a moving van.

• Like 1

Why, do you publicly condemn your friends' morality when they talk about their misdeeds?Or all your friends saintly folk?

Publicly ???

Privately me does.

I can never feel comfortable hearing someone talking very very good about their spouse whilst knowing the said person is being bullshitted to the max. This especially if the said person is, in my opinion, a good person with good intentions. But yeah, silence is golden according to you guys. I repeat, SAD !

Why, do you publicly condemn your friends' morality when they talk about their misdeeds?Or all your friends saintly folk?

Publicly ???

Privately me does.

I can never feel comfortable hearing someone talking very very good about their spouse whilst knowing the said person is being bullshitted to the max. This especially if the said person is, in my opinion, a good person with good intentions. But yeah, silence is golden according to you guys. I repeat, SAD !

It really isn't a good idea to interfere in another persons relationships.

Thailand is a very primitive country, disputes are often settled quickly and violently.

Publicly ???Privately me does.I can never feel comfortable hearing someone talking very very good about their spouse whilst knowing the said person is being bullshitted to the max. This especially if the said person is, in my opinion, a good person with good intentions. But yeah, silence is golden according to you guys. I repeat, SAD !
It really isn't a good idea to interfere in another persons relationships.Thailand is a very primitive country, disputes are often settled quickly and violently.

In my comments i not referred to thailand. In general i meant. Primitive and non confronting as thailand may be, according to you, the thais have a good sense of what is right or wrong. That is at least my experience. Non confronting, mai pen rai, not their business and fear prevents them to speak out when they know something bad is happening to others. Many foreigners unfortunately adapt, or have same attitude already, to that and keep schtum. This until later they find out that they have been bullshitted. Then ? Well you catch my drift.

Not sure what you mean, it's just as much not our business if not more. And the fear factor applies even more for us too. Absolutely nothing to be gained by trying to block the scammers plans, only downside risk, no one's ever going to say Oh thanks you did the right thing, more likely you just get a knife in the back one night.

Not sure what you mean, it's just as much not our business if not more. And the fear factor applies even more for us too. Absolutely nothing to be gained by trying to block the scammers plans, only downside risk, no one's ever going to say Oh thanks you did the right thing, more likely you just get a knife in the back one night.

In how it was posted by TA and SL, their partners hear about the scams from friends, relatives etc, that they bullshit their husbands. The respective partners only listen and keep schtum. They tell it to their husbands. They keep schtum as well. In the meantime the hubbies, who are being bullxxxxxxx, live on in their reality. The truth however will be that there is a big chance they will loose out. Emotionally and financially. Fear of being backstabbed, either way, keeps them silent with the excuse; 1 must learn the lesson themselves, not my business. Again SAD !!!!!! How if it was you, the 1 who keeps schtum, who is being taken for a ride and your " inner circle " keeps schtum ? Happy ?

Edited by metisdead

In how it was posted by TA and SL, their partners hear about the scams from friends, relatives etc, that they bullshit their husbands. The respective partners only listen and keep schtum. They tell it to their husbands. They keep schtum as well. In the meantime the hubbies, who are being bullshitted, live on in their reality. The truth however will be that there is a big chance they will loose out. Emotionally and financially. Fear of being backstabbed, either way, keeps them silent with the excuse; 1 must learn the lesson themselves, not my business. Again SAD !!!!!! How if it was you, the 1 who keeps schtum, who is being taken for a ride and your " inner circle " keeps schtum ? Happy ?

-

Yes I know exactly what you're talking about and indeed have been in the same situation many times, and EVERY time I've done "the right thing" it's led to bad results, not just for me but lost good friendships that way.

Same thing if I know a friend's SO is sleeping around.

If it's a very good friend and I actually collect indisputable proof I suppose I'd consider it, but would be very very wary about doing so, much better for him/her to find out in his/her own way and choose to believe it or accept it as s/he likes without having to discuss it with his/her friends.

Many people actually know what's going on, let the wife think she's pulling a fast one when it's just par for the course and he's got it all worked into his budget anyway.

Yes schtum is best - since when do Thais learn Yiddish BTW??

@benalibina Beat who, join who? I do not indulge in repeated critique of Thais on this forum. I was agreeing with Transam as his post is truthful from my personal experience. You're telling me it's not so? I do realise deceit is carried out in all societies. However, I am shocked at the relatively common behaviour of some Thais, as related by my wife, regards the calculated depth of deception by them of their foreign husbands/BFs, I am not referring to sex

Ok to get the picture right. Your an TA misses's hearing stories from other thai women, friends ?, about how they bullshit there husbands, financially i guess, they keep schtum, likely ?, but tell it to their respective husbands, you and TA.What do you ask or say then to your misses after she told a story ? Nothing or...... ?
Chum, I could right a book, to reveal stuff directly could ruin a guys life and that is not on for me. I would rather talk here anonymously and plant a few seeds for thought. Must add, some guys have found out stuff but live with it as theres nothing they can do about it when one has built a life here.

My point was about your partners, for simplelife as well, not about yours. My question is; when your partners hear those stories about deceit from other people, WHAT do they speak back in return ? Silence probably ! That is sad !! You guys adapting the same attitude says enough, sorry to say.

You understand nothing about my part of the world. You are thinking ''farang'' stuff. It takes many years to try and understand stuff. Something folk cannot write here but learn, yes learn and if anyone has a question mark, then they must latch onto that question mark.

In how it was posted by TA and SL, their partners hear about the scams from friends, relatives etc, that they bullshit their husbands. The respective partners only listen and keep schtum. They tell it to their husbands. They keep schtum as well. In the meantime the hubbies, who are being bullshitted, live on in their reality. The truth however will be that there is a big chance they will loose out. Emotionally and financially. Fear of being backstabbed, either way, keeps them silent with the excuse; 1 must learn the lesson themselves, not my business. Again SAD !!!!!! How if it was you, the 1 who keeps schtum, who is being taken for a ride and your " inner circle " keeps schtum ? Happy ?

-Yes I know exactly what you're talking about and indeed have been in the same situation many times, and EVERY time I've done "the right thing" it's led to bad results, not just for me but lost good friendships that way.Same thing if I know a friend's SO is sleeping around.If it's a very good friend and I actually collect indisputable proof I suppose I'd consider it, but would be very very wary about doing so, much better for him/her to find out in his/her own way and choose to believe it or accept it as s/he likes without having to discuss it with his/her friends.Many people actually know what's going on, let the wife think she's pulling a fast one when it's just par for the course and he's got it all worked into his budget anyway.Yes schtum is best - since when do Thais learn Yiddish BTW??

Its an expat forum on thailand so 'schtum' is acceptable. You understand it.

I realize ofcourse this is a difficult and touchy issue. As this now is about live here, i would not accept that my partner, when hearing about scams from her friends or relatives, keeps silent and would say; som nam na farang and keep schtum ! That would say enough about her ' morals '.

Transman is right..you just don't get it..not easy..just being practical..there is some much nonsense here it really is hard to fathom for some with so little experience and skills and in continuous denial..

The op is in denial, he is being given bad advice..

Transman is right..you just don't get it..not easy..just being practical..there is some much nonsense here it really is hard to fathom for some with so little experience and skills and in continuous denial..The op is in denial, he is being given bad advice..

Transam is being ' right ' ? He is smart. Not right.

Its an expat forum on thailand so 'schtum' is acceptable. You understand it.

I realize ofcourse this is a difficult and touchy issue. As this now is about live here, i would not accept that my partner, when hearing about scams from her friends or relatives, keeps silent and would say; som nam na farang and keep schtum ! That would say enough about her ' morals '.

-

I wasn't criticizing, just asking where in your background did you learn Yiddish?

With morals like that you wouldn't have many friends left among either side, but I'm sure the ones that remain would be very upstanding, hope they're as fun as the sinners too. . .

• Like 1

Its an expat forum on thailand so 'schtum' is acceptable. You understand it.I realize ofcourse this is a difficult and touchy issue. As this now is about live here, i would not accept that my partner, when hearing about scams from her friends or relatives, keeps silent and would say; som nam na farang and keep schtum ! That would say enough about her ' morals '.

-I wasn't criticizing, just asking where in your background did you learn Yiddish?With morals like that you wouldn't have many friends left among either side, but I'm sure the ones that remain would be very upstanding, hope they're as fun as the sinners too. . .

My nickname is REMY !

Sorry but you are going to get screwed.

The moment your house is built and paid for, you will no longer be welcome in this wonderful Isaan village.

Sorry but this is the sad truth .

-

Who's going to take it away? He doesn't have a wife anymore. . .

-

My nickname is REMY !

-

And what? French?

OMG

Is that your incredulity at someone actually paying their rent?

You told everyone on here,given it was under another alias.Nevertheless you told everyone on here that you would be moving out of the house on which you owed 14-15 months back rent and promised faithfully,to everyone on here that you would move back to your country of origin in order to earn the money to pay your landlady back.

You've done absolutely nothing and I'm willing to bet you haven't even moved out of that house and are still scamming your obviously way too generous and trusting landlady.Now this is the part that really sickens me to my stomach,you were boasting on here how you'd even conned your poor maid out of a year's plus salary,<deleted>?!?

The landlady is one thing,she owns a second property so by Thai standards is doing fairly well and is in no danger of starving anytime soon but the maid <deleted>?Only an absolute disgrace of a human being would think to deny paying the paltry retainer necessary for hiring a lowly maid over here,how you live with yourself and sleep at night is absolutely,totally and utterly beyond me?

Words fail me...

• Like 1

But if they sold it, he is entitled to half no matter what.

Whereas you...well you would have to call a moving van.

In what percentage of divorce cases between a Thai and foreigner marriage would you say this would be the case,the house is sold and the proceeds split down the middle?whistling.gif

Would you like to share a removals van?Probably not as the rucksack you'd be allowed to leave with could be carried on one shoulder!