Maprachan

kurgen

I am lucky enough to live over by Maprachan Lake

About 6 months ago ,when it was just a puddle,the council had the great idea of digging the north end deeper.

This created huge amounts of soil which was put in various places around the edge of the lake and leveled.

I heard some rumours that the idea was to turn the area into a country park.

Work seemed to have stopped a couple of months ago, half way through the job as usual.

The grass was starting to grow all over the newly created moonscape.

I hadn't been round that side of the lake for a while so I decided to go and take a look.

I noticed they are removing the same earth that they deposited and are now dumping it just over the other side of the road.To make things worse this newly dumped earth is then being reloaded onto the same lorries and being dumped lord knows where.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Please tell me that this isn't a case of some one is getting paid several times for just cocking up one job,please. :o

The land is just being sold off :o

It has been offered to me for 500 Baht/truck, which is about 150 Baht under the current marketprice for Pattaya!

What you see is just all the lorry's bringing the land to whichever project in need for landfill!

A terrible mess they are making as well, especially the junction where you turn off towards the 36 highway.

Edited by monty

The land is just being sold off :o

It has been offered to me for 500 Baht/truck, which is about 150 Baht under the current marketprice for Pattaya!

What you see is just all the lorry's bringing the land to whichever project in need for landfill!

A terrible mess they are making as well, especially the junction where you turn off towards the 36 highway.

I hope the people selling it have the rights to sell it! :D

Could be like the con man who sold Tower Bridge to gullible yanks. :D

Does it belong to the governement or the local authority? Can we make representations abut the mess they are leaving? not that it'll do any good. :D

I hope the people selling it have the rights to sell it! :D

Could be like the con man who sold Tower Bridge to gullible yanks. :o

Does it belong to the governement or the local authority? Can we make representations abut the mess they are leaving? not that it'll do any good. :D

Hello there MD.

It hasn't been sold by Somchai Khunpleum (a.k.a. Kamnan Po, the Godfather of Chonburi), has it? He sold an enormous area of public-owned land over by Khao Mai Kheow to be made into a rubbish dump!! The High Court verdict is "coming soon"! :D ........maybe!

I am lucky enough to live over by Maprachan Lake

About 6 months ago ,when it was just a puddle,the council had the great idea of digging the north end deeper.

This created huge amounts of soil which was put in various places around the edge of the lake and leveled.

I heard some rumours that the idea was to turn the area into a country park.

Work seemed to have stopped a couple of months ago, half way through the job as usual.

The grass was starting to grow all over the newly created moonscape.

I hadn't been round that side of the lake for a while so I decided to go and take a look.

I noticed they are removing the same earth that they deposited and are now dumping it just over the other side of the road.To make things worse this newly dumped earth is then being reloaded onto the same lorries and being dumped lord knows where.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Please tell me that this isn't a case of some one is getting paid several times for just cocking up one job,please. :o

I'll be arriving at my new home in Amphur Banglamung in a couple of weeks. I had been reading about the "deepening" project a couple of months ago that was going to "solve all the water shortage problems in the area". Last I heard, it was another Thai government project failure.

What's the latest? Has the project done any good at all for water retention?

I'll be arriving at my new home in Amphur Banglamung in a couple of weeks. I had been reading about the "deepening" project a couple of months ago that was going to "solve all the water shortage problems in the area". Last I heard, it was another Thai government project failure.

What's the latest? Has the project done any good at all for water retention?

There seems to be plenty of water in the lake at the moment.

We are having a lot more rain this year compared to last year and with city water constantly turning off the mains supply we should have plenty to get us through Songkran :o

It's not an extension to "Driving Street" is it? :D

Not yet. :o

But who knows? These farang barkeeps set up their stalls in the most unlikely places. Could be "Driving Street 2" :D

Not sure if it would push the price of property up or down? :D

Hi Mister Doom......wait for the Karaoke Bars......then you'll know what's up!!!

What's happend to Mobi? He would have some input into this thread if were around I am sure. Hope he is OK.

I may be wrong but it might be he is " resting " after a lively contribution in a somewhat contentious debate which incurred the wrath of a notable moderator who bowls from the other end.

Politics in TV can be quite fascinating and generally of more interest than the threads themselves. Perhaps there should be a sub forum in which these issues could be more fully explored by members only accessible after a certain number of posts?

If it is right, then my sympathies are with Moby Duck who strikes me as a well meaning chap. The bittersweet irony not lost on yours truly was the closure of the offending thread whilst another was allowed to proceed within a minority sex forum which explored issues far more repugnant and without any censure whatsoever. Gooses and ganders spring to mind.

Still, this is not a democracy nor is it particularly rational.

What's happend to Mobi? He would have some input into this thread if were around I am sure. Hope he is OK.

The bittersweet irony not lost on yours truly was the closure of the offending thread whilst another was allowed to proceed within a minority sex forum which explored issues far more repugnant and without any censure whatsoever. Gooses and ganders spring to mind.

Well why go there and read in the first place if thats your view?

I may be wrong but it might be he is " resting " after a lively contribution in a somewhat contentious debate which incurred the wrath of a notable moderator who bowls from the other end.

If it is right, then my sympathies are with Moby Duck who strikes me as a well meaning chap. The bittersweet irony not lost on yours truly was the closure of the offending thread whilst another was allowed to proceed within a minority sex forum which explored issues far more repugnant and without any censure whatsoever. Gooses and ganders spring to mind.

That was an excellent post Mr.Gent; sardonic, amusing, droll but very much to the point. I did laugh.

I'm sure that Mobi, like the Phoenix, will rise again very soon.

Edited by Artisan

I know I don't get out enough :o but I do live in the Maprachan area. I've read of this "Driving Street" on TV but could someone please explain exactly where they are referring to. :D:D

It's a closley guarded secret, nudge nudge, wink wink that only Mr. Mobi knows about and alas he has disappeared.

I know I don't get out enough :o but I do live in the Maprachan area. I've read of this "Driving Street" on TV but could someone please explain exactly where they are referring to. :D:D

It's a closley guarded secret, nudge nudge, wink wink that only Mr. Mobi knows about and alas he has disappeared.

Well let's hope he makes a quick return because I'd sure like to know where it is too. :D

Word on the soi is that Mobi has taken advantage of the recent rains.

Apparently he has launched his ark on the reservoir and is doing hourly trips at ฿100 a pop for straight farang, ฿500 for 'others' and ฿1,000 for Thai.

Bless him... :o:D

I took a drive out there today to view the diggings for myself, I have to say they are an impressive mess and the road just by it even more impressive.

Nice to see the lake has a good amount of water in it though. :o

What I did stumble into though was "driving Street" and I have to say that I was impressed, far better than anything I have ever seen in town. :D

I drove out this way yesterday (avoiding driving street) via the Road to Horse shoe point, coming in from S.E. Pattaya.

Were I a truck spotter I would have been in heaven! they are everywhere, the road is knackered, am I alone in hating these trucks, whats with the modified big bore exhausts they all have, surely this will lessen the power they lack anyway and be only a social scourge :D:o

There are some major projects going on out there for sure :D

Believe I spotted Mobi on the lake :D

I drove out this way yesterday (avoiding driving street) via the Road to Horse shoe point, coming in from S.E. Pattaya.

Were I a truck spotter I would have been in heaven! they are everywhere, the road is knackered, am I alone in hating these trucks, whats with the modified big bore exhausts they all have, surely this will lessen the power they lack anyway and be only a social scourge :D:o

There are some major projects going on out there for sure :D

Believe I spotted Mobi on the lake :D

Why would anyone in their right mind avoid "Driving Street?" - Mabprachan's answer to Sunset Strip? Just sit in any one of two outside bars, keep cool in the natural airconditioning, chat up any one of two retired go go dancers, who double up shifting sand into the modified big bores, and enjoy scintilating conversation with the resident octogenerian who has been ripped off by more ladies of the night than most of us have had hot dinners.

If you're really lucky you might catch a glimpse of Mobi, and his parked Ark, lakeside, enjoying his daily sport of throwing piecses of wood further and further out into the lake in the folorn hope that one day his Golden Retriever might not return from his perpetual retrieving.

Ah... Driving Street.... what bliss! :D