hoop

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I am working on setting up breeding pens for rhode island reds (originally from thai-farms), plymouth barred rocks, the burmese black boned chickens and turkeys(also originally from thai-farms). Let me know what you are interested in and I will focus on that breed first. I am in chiang mai by the way.

Almost forgot to mention I am crossing the cp warrens with the rhode island red rooster.

Edited by wolfmanjack

• 6 months later...

I'm interested in Silkies and Miniature-Silkies (Bantam), fertilized eggs or chicks. Does anyone have an idea?

We have plenty of Silkies including showgirls, send me a PM if you want details.

Wolfmanjack, I've just discovered we have some Plymouth rocks too, but they won't reach maturity for about 3 months. I wondered what the hell my brother-in-law meant when he kept talking about 'Pimaroks' - then it dawned on me. facepalm.gif

Edited by Steely Dan

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have poultry eggs or young chicks near Pak Chom, Loei, I'm intrisert for about 20. has seven old "aunts" (CP chickens) do not know what race they belong

CP chickens are cross bred chickens commonly called Warrens bu CP may have their own version of crosses.

The red-ish colored layers a crosses between RIR males (New Hampshire Reds will work) and White Plymouth Rock females. All of the male chicks come out white with a spot of red and the females come out red with a bit of white. This will happen 99% of the time and is called a sex link cross. If you see a truck coming around trying to sell a white colored chickens these will be all male and are difficult to fatten. Usually the males are culled, but they will sell There are other ways to get this to happen. CP will have special parent stock for sure and will probably have grandparent stock or will buy from someone who does. You can do this on your own, but it would probably get a slightly larger bird that would take a little more feed. It is one of the cooler things to do with chickens.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm planing to start chicken farm soon. I think to start with maybe 200 chicken (for eggs) on the beginning. Can anyone give some advice what I should be focused on first please ? I'm moving from BKK to Phayao so if anyone is in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai area and is doing chicken breeding I would gladly visit and listen how to really do it. Well... I will look for some good breed to start with as well of course :)

Thanks a lot.

Hi guys,

I'm planing to start chicken farm soon. I think to start with maybe 200 chicken (for eggs) on the beginning. Can anyone give some advice what I should be focused on first please ? I'm moving from BKK to Phayao so if anyone is in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai area and is doing chicken breeding I would gladly visit and listen how to really do it. Well... I will look for some good breed to start with as well of course smile.png

Thanks a lot.

I am not trying to pee on anyone's campfire, but it will be nearly impossible to make money on a small scale (less that 1,000) with layers. I have a small hobby operation with up to 100 or so birds. I make my own feed and make a little money as a breeder. The price of eggs is down at the moment. If you really have to do it, get the sex link crosses either as chicks for about 40 baht a piece and raise them or Point of Lay (POL) hens (about 250 baht). The POL hens will need to be fed for 2-3 weeks until they get into production. They will out lay any single breed you can get for about 11-12 months and then you will need to sell them. The only better layers would be Khaki Campbell ducks.

I also have a small quail operation and make a fair profit from that. The start up and land requirement for quail is a very small fraction of what layers will cost. I'm in Petchabun and would be happy to show you my birds and a small layer farm nearby. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

We have the following, all Australian lines from eggs I brought home

the RiR have some Thai blood in one line

the White Leghorns, have some Thai lines, thanks to Jotham79, who sold us some birds and eggs

Australorps, black, green and blue splashed,

Plymouth Rocks, light barred

White Leghorns

Rhode Island Reds

Light Sussexs

also have some gold and white feathered black skin birds, line from Malaysia

and lots of crosses as we breed for egg or meat production

RiR x rhode island whites

Malaysian DingDing production crosses (DingDing is Malaysian answer to CP)

we are near Nong Khai

can post eggs, but still haven't found a reliable courier to transport live birds

PM if interested

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I'm planing to start chicken farm soon. I think to start with maybe 200 chicken (for eggs) on the beginning. Can anyone give some advice what I should be focused on first please ? I'm moving from BKK to Phayao so if anyone is in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai area and is doing chicken breeding I would gladly visit and listen how to really do it. Well... I will look for some good breed to start with as well of course smile.png

Thanks a lot.

I also have a small quail operation and make a fair profit from that. The start up and land requirement for quail is a very small fraction of what layers will cost. I'm in Petchabun and would be happy to show you my birds and a small layer farm nearby. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Cheers,

I would love to visit You and get some knowledge but I'm over 500 km away. Can you please give me some advice via PM how You mix your own chicken food for layers? Maybe gonna be cheaper and better then buying in 30 kg bags.

Btw I just bought 50 of those chicks and 3 roosters... what they are ?

My coop is almost ready 2 days left and birds are coming to new home :)

Cheers ;)

post-175342-0-12938400-1443767738_thumb.

Guys, I don't know what's going on... my chickens are eating like crazy... for 150 birds I give them like 15 kg of food per day which should be enough but they always eat all very quick and seems that they would like to eat more... damn, I don't know... it is normal ? coffee1.gif

post-175342-0-87083700-1444305395_thumb.

Edited by Kularion

A chicken should have about 130 gram of feed per day. I hear that a chicken eats now. In 2 hours its come backsite out. This means there should eat every 2 hours.

15 kg is not to mutch.

150 chicken give you about 120 egg. 120 * 3 Bath = 360 Bath

15 kg chickenfeed cost ???

To safe on feed means you not get enough egg.

Be carefull. Not let wild bird eat from the chickenfeed