Tourist Visa

I got my tourist visa issued on 12/june/2013

It says it will expire on 11/september/2013 which is 3months from now, but I know I have to go to the border again after 2months from now and come back again to stay for another 30days which is until september.

Exactly when do I need to go to the border? What should I prepare? What is my next move?

Thank you

• Like 1

You can also go to the border at the last day of the 60 days, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, and then reenter over land or by air. So you do not have to pay the visa extension fee of 1900 Baht. Note, that entering over land gives you only 15 days, but by air you get 30 days. Look at the cheap flights of Air Asia, Air Bangkok, Nok Air. May be the flight will be cheaper then the extension fee for the visa.

All of which would cost more than the extension fee of 1,900 baht at local immigration office and most would also require a visa to the other country on top. What you would get, if eligible, would be a visa exempt entry.

• Like 2

All of which would cost more than the extension fee of 1,900 baht at local immigration office and most would also require a visa to the other country on top. What you would get, if eligible, would be a visa exempt entry.

unless it s a VER cheap flight to Malyasia or Singpore no visa required, but u wont get return for under 1,900 for sure!!!!

The 11 September 2013 date of visa expiry is the date by which you must use the visa to enter Thailand. When you enter you will receive a 60 day stay based on the visa and then must either leave the country or extend at immigration before the 60 days are over. As noted by others you can get a 30 day entry at the airport or 15 days by land entry or can get a 30 day extension at immigration. A lot depends on how long you fully intend to stay after the initial entry.

When you enter you get 60 days.

Just before those 60 days are up you go to Immigration in Thailand and apply for a 30 day extension.

1,900 Baht fee.

I am 69 from the US and this will be my 4th Thai visit; I plan to stay longer but not use the retirement. It's the forms that baffle me - which form to use and when is that form required.

1. I am applying for 2 entry Non-O Tourist Visa from the US (60 days + 30 day extension: To apply for the extension mentioned is this the TM-7 form?

2. Towards the end of the 30 day extension I need to fly out (leave) and return. Do I need to apply for a new visa at this point or re-enter using the original?

3. Is this where I need the Re-entry Permit TM-8? I also see a TM-13 Endorsement of re-entry permit - when and where do need this? Do I need two forms for a re-entry? Do I apply before I leave or upon return?

4. Upon re-entry I will then get 60 days that can be extended 30 days as above? If so I see this as giving me me approx. 6 months on the original visa.

5. To stay longer I would then depart and re-apply for a new 2 entry Non-O Tourist Visa to be able to return and start the process again.

This is how I am understanding the process. Please correct me where I'm wrong and answer question marks.

I appreciate the advice on ThaiVisa; however form specific answers would be helpful; remember we are asking not because we know but because we don't know and are baffled.

Edited by IBoldnewguy

There is no such thing as a Non O Tourist Visa.

You are applying for a 2 Entry Tourist Visa.

To apply for the 30 day extension you use the TM7 form at Immigration.

At the end of the 30 day extension you exit the Country and return to get another 60 days.

No need for a Re Entry Permit as you have a valid Visa.

Make sure that your Visa is still valid.

You then apply for the 30 day extension at Immigration the same as before.

After that ends you need to apply for another Visa in a Thai consulate in another Country.

You can also go to the border at the last day of the 60 days, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, and then reenter over land or by air. So you do not have to pay the visa extension fee of 1900 Baht. Note, that entering over land gives you only 15 days, but by air you get 30 days. Look at the cheap flights of Air Asia, Air Bangkok, Nok Air. May be the flight will be cheaper then the extension fee for the visa.

True but doing that way he will lose the thirty day extension. if you have a visa good for entry into the country twice for 60 days you can at 59 days go to Immigration pay the 1,900 baht and get an extension of 30 days this gives you 90 days. At this time you must leave the country and come back in again. When you do make sure they stamp the visa for 60 days. You now are eligible for 60 more days at which time you can then go to immigration and get another 30 day extension for 30 days, This gives you a total of 180 days in Thailand.

When I first came here I had a triple entry 60 day. Not sure if they issue that one any more. My first trip out was the usual 10 minute cross the border into Burma. On reentry they stamped my Visa and I did not pay attention they had stamped it for only 30 days. I did not notice it for a few days so I went into the immigration here in Chiang Mai. They told me I would have to go back to Mai Sai to have it fixed which I did and they fixed it immediately.

True but doing that way he will lose the thirty day extension. if you have a visa good for entry into the country twice for 60 days you can at 59 days go to Immigration pay the 1,900 baht and get an extension of 30 days this gives you 90 days. At this time you must leave the country and come back in again. When you do make sure they stamp the visa for 60 days. You now are eligible for 60 more days at which time you can then go to immigration and get another 30 day extension for 30 days, This gives you a total of 180 days in Thailand.

When I first came here I had a triple entry 60 day. Not sure if they issue that one any more. My first trip out was the usual 10 minute cross the border into Burma. On reentry they stamped my Visa and I did not pay attention they had stamped it for only 30 days. I did not notice it for a few days so I went into the immigration here in Chiang Mai. They told me I would have to go back to Mai Sai to have it fixed which I did and they fixed it immediately.

Pretty sure this guy just has a single entry. At least he didn't mention having a double...

I happy, to fly on a flight departing and returning to Thailand - best on the same day, so, not to have overnight expenses,

for under 1.900.- Baht return,including all fees!

To where? tongue.png And,

NOK Air has no real International routes, Vientiane=Udon Thani, Penang=Hat Yai, Myammar destinations= Mae Sot, no 30 days here.

Bangkok Air is far from cheap.