Where to buy Himalayan Salt in Pattaya?

paulsh

Hm, let me see, who do l choose to believe, all the doctors in the world or this guy? Hm... I think I'll just continue to believe them. The fact is that salt increases blood pressure. The reason for this is quite simple that salt helps the body retain water which increases the blood pressure. No magic in that. smile.png

Personally I use rock salt from Food land. It's about the same price as ordinary table salt but I think it taste better and richer. Never seen "Himalayan" salt (from Parkistan) but if I really wanted it I'd probably look in Villa Supermarket first.

Hm, let me see, who do l choose to believe, all the doctors in the world or this guy? Hm... I think I'll just continue to believe them.

Personally I believe neither, and especially "all the doctors in the world" as the whole medical system is a scam, IMO. Here are some vids:

Personally I use rock salt from Food land. It's about the same price as ordinary table salt but I think it taste better and richer. Never seen "Himalayan" salt (from Parkistan) but if I really wanted it I'd probably look in Villa Supermarket first.

Thanks! Where is Villa Supermarket?

Oh I don't religiously believe doctors, but in this case I can see it make sense. I agree that chomo has some serious side effects that, if the cancer doesn't kill you the chemo may. Whether it's a waste of money I think depends on the individual case. I know several personal friends who have had their life saved by chemo, so I won't discard it just like that.

Villa Supermarket is in the Avenue Mall on 2nd Road, between Royal garden and Central shopping mall, on the opposite side, I believe the Thai's call it Major (due to the "Major" cinema in the same mall). Failing that I would check the Tops in Central's basement and Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang.

So you don't believe 'all the doctors in the world' yet you're willing to believe two men neither of who have any medical qualifications whatsoever?

I believe nobody, I just consider the different opinions. Besides, Dr Peter Glidden and Dr Leonard Coldwell (2 videos above) are... practicing physicians, aren't they?

The pharmaceutical business is so powerful and their infiltration into the corrupted governments can't really help me believe anything coming from them.

• Like 1

Villa Supermarket is in the Avenue Mall on 2nd Road, between Royal garden and Central shopping mall, on the opposite side, I believe the Thai's call it Major (due to the "Major" cinema in the same mall). Failing that I would check the Tops in Central's basement and Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang.

Thanks for the info, I'll go take a look!

So you don't believe 'all the doctors in the world' yet you're willing to believe two men neither of who have any medical qualifications whatsoever?

I believe nobody, I just consider the different opinions. Besides, Dr Peter Glidden and Dr Leonard Coldwell (2 videos above) are... practicing physicians, aren't they?

The pharmaceutical business is so powerful and their infiltration into the corrupted governments can't really help me believe anything coming from them.

Glidden has never been a practising physician. He has a BSc from Massachussets and a 'Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine' from Bastyr. He does have stuff he wants to seel you though

http://fire-your-md-now.com/

Coldwell appears to have been a GP in Germany some years ago but has never practised in the USA. He also has (lots) of stuff he wants to sell you including a sales training system!

http://www.instinctbasedmedicinestore.com/

Glidden has never been a practising physician. He has a BSc from Massachussets and a 'Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine' from Bastyr. He does have stuff he wants to seel you though

http://fire-your-md-now.com/

Coldwell appears to have been a GP in Germany some years ago but has never practised in the USA. He also has (lots) of stuff he wants to sell you including a sales training system!

http://www.instinctbasedmedicinestore.com/

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about their websites! I just found those videos on YouTube.

The best thing you can do with Himalayan salt is stick it in a Neti pot. That really does work!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation

Ah nice! I'm already flushing my nose almost daily by inhaling water (through the nose) and subsequently extracting it (still through the nose), but I do it with regular tap water, maybe that's not very safe to do in Thailand?

The best thing you can do with Himalayan salt is stick it in a Neti pot. That really does work!

Ah nice! I'm already flushing my nose almost daily by inhaling water (through the nose) and subsequently extracting it (still through the nose), but I do it with regular tap water, maybe that's not very safe to do in Thailand?

Probably best to boil it first.

Probably best to boil it first.

And then let it cool, of course.whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a reminder... This thread is about where to find himalayan salt and not school medicine vs. Esoteric healing approaches

B)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've seen places in malls in Bangkok that sells time to sit in Himalayan salt cave like a spa/sauna, they probably sell the salt too since they are literally bricked wall to wall with them, doesn't look like the franchise had made their way to Pattaya yet, anyway the closest one to Pattaya I've seen is in Paradise Park Shopping Mall on Srinakharin Road, that's near Bangna

Anyone seen a place in pattaya selling neti pots? Ihad a really basic plastic one that I unfortunately left back in the US and would love to get a new one for use out here

http://www.neilmed.com/usa/adword_np.php

Foodmart in Jomtien has pink salt from Australia, not sure if it's exactly the same sort that you are looking for but it's probably pretty close.

Head towards the meat section and look for the pet food section on the right hand side, down on the bottom shelf you will find a blue box with pink writing.

Murray river possibly? Not sure, but by far the best tasting salt I've found here, and I used to import my salt from the UK distributors.

If you can't find it PM and I'll get a pic over.

Cheers,

Tom.

If it's table or cooking salt it will have anti-caking agents in it and/or be iodised. No good for sticking up your hooter.

• 1 month later...

These people sell it and send my mail order: http://www.healthfoodthailand.com/

WARNING

They don't accept credit cards, and they don't accept withdrawals from foreign banks (why??), instead you must have a local Thai bank account in order to transfer the funds to their account.

I believe this is a scam! Why wouldn't they accept credit card or transfers from aboard bank accounts? Because they want to keep the scam local!

If anyone actually sent them money and never received anything please report here, maybe we have a case for the police...

Foodmart in Jomtien has pink salt from Australia, not sure if it's exactly the same sort that you are looking for but it's probably pretty close.

Head towards the meat section and look for the pet food section on the right hand side, down on the bottom shelf you will find a blue box with pink writing.

Murray river possibly? Not sure, but by far the best tasting salt I've found here, and I used to import my salt from the UK distributors.

If you can't find it PM and I'll get a pic over.

Cheers,

Tom.

I saw it back in July but there was only one left and somebody else bought it... so it's out of stock since then :(

A retited uk dr. in pattaya told me recently that there is no natural iodine in salt in this part of asia and the lack of iodine affects the thyroid gland and can cause tiredness.

He suggested multi vits with iodine supplement. Not easy to find but worked for me.

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A retited uk dr. in pattaya told me recently that there is no natural iodine in salt in this part of asia and the lack of iodine affects the thyroid gland and can cause tiredness.

He suggested multi vits with iodine supplement. Not easy to find but worked for me.

That's funny as I've heard the EXACT opposite: that we don't need the synthetic iodine added to the salt sold in Thailand, it makes us sick and tired, and that it is even addictive, meaning that the more iodized salt you eat the more you need it, while natural see salt (with no additions) or himalayan salt is perfectly healthy and can be consumed in larger amounts as they have many benefits.

These people sell it and send my mail order: http://www.healthfoodthailand.com/

WARNING

They don't accept credit cards, and they don't accept withdrawals from foreign banks (why??), instead you must have a local Thai bank account in order to transfer the funds to their account.

I believe this is a scam! Why wouldn't they accept credit card or transfers from aboard bank accounts? Because they want to keep the scam local!

If anyone actually sent them money and never received anything please report here, maybe we have a case for the police...

Not a scam, I know these people.

They are a smallish company, taking cards for online payments here is tricky - online transfers are simplier and a widely accepted way of doing online business in Thailand.

Why tricky? online payment gateways like PayPal are available worldwide, including in Thailand.

That's funny as I've heard the EXACT opposite: that we don't need the synthetic iodine added to the salt sold in Thailand, it makes us sick and tired, and that it is even addictive, meaning that the more iodized salt you eat the more you need it, while natural see salt (with no additions) or himalayan salt is perfectly healthy and can be consumed in larger amounts as they have many benefits.

Isn't the sodium part of salt in excess a problem regardless of the source?

Dont know about sea salt and iodine but the iodine as a supplement in Centrum us brand multi vits will be the real thing and is 100% rda