Arrest warrant to be issued for American man who attacked, paralyzed maid in Bangkok

webfact

Strange, when the victim is Thai and the alleged perpetrator is American, the "hang them high brigade" stay silent!sad.png

Only the language-police is out in full force!!rolleyes.gif

Yes, in the first few messages guilt has been aimed at the police, the newspaper and the hotel, all of whom are guilty until proven otherwise. And the comment about anonymity coming from "aguy30" is hilarious. I wonder how many ThaiVisa critics of the police would be willing to make those accusations face-to-face with the police rather than cloaked in the anonymity provided by this message board.

I'm only surprised no one has accused the bed of causing the injury. But hey, TiTV

Yes its so common for someone to make up a serious injury and a violent attack, much more common then an drunk American mistreating a female. (sarcasm)

Statistics alone make him guilty but no not on Thaivisa as he is a white man and the victim just a Thai female, so much hatred against Thai females here as many of the resident OAP's have been swindled by them.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this dude injured this woman to the point where she was not breathing, where were the cops? Watching the muay Thai?

Where were the cops?

I've never had cops waiting outside my hotel room door in case I attacked someone, have you?

• Like 1

Disgusting, hopefully this will be investigated properly and a suitable punishment dished out to the perpetrator.

Yes, as always truly disgusting journalism. A retarded infant could have a better command of the English language.

I for one am sick to death of Thai journalists butchering the English language on a daily basis and there being a complete void of editing to the point that it goes directly to publication. A complete bloody shambles! <deleted>??!!

How about finding some journalists who can speak English instead of the current retards that you have?

• Like 2

Undoubtedly the headline and the article and are not written in the best of English.

However, I think that the gist of it is clear even though it lacks a fair bit of detail.

It reported roughly the same in the Thai major publications that I saw.

Hope they get him, the USA isnt that good at extraditing their citizens but expects it of other countries.

Perhaps the number of foreigners committing serious crimes in the US is higher than the number of US citizens committing serious crimes in foreign countries. cool.png

• Like 1

Can't seem to view the original story.

Maybe she wasn't a maid and just claimed to be, after all, he was 'drinking in his room with a couple of lady friends' coffee1.gif

Still, whatever the story, the police obviously have enough of a case to charge him.

I think Thai ladies have enough with Thai men slapping them around and for a foreigner to do it, the whole situation stinks of superiority, arrogance, and damn right wickedness of his behalf.

Can't see the States sending him back though.

If this dude injured this woman to the point where she was not breathing, where were the cops? Watching the muay Thai?

Where were the cops?

I've never had cops waiting outside my hotel room door in case I attacked someone, have you?

Agreed

What a silly comment!

I don't think police are posted in the rooms of hotel guests waiting for them to assault the staff. Do you expect them to materialise out of thin air every time an incident occurs?

No more than I expect you to make an intelligent comment

Surely, you don't consider your "where were the cops?" an intelligent comment, do you?

Hard to believe whenever you see a story "reportedly." Reportedly seen by who? What hotel? How did he manage to get on a plane 3-4 hours later without someone discovering the alleged injured maid and phoning in an alert to prevent him from boarding?

As long as Thais assume that they can appeal to an embassy to extradite a foreign citizen in a "reportedly" witnessed incident, the Thais deserve to be ignored.

Who saw the maid flung across the room?

Maybe one of those cops (standing in his room waiting for something to happen) saw it... sick.gif

Edited by BradinAsia

This attack happened on the 14th apparently after the American had been drinking with 2 female friends and he gets violent after drinking according to the Hotel Manager. ( I guess the manager knows him personally)

I would assume that this attack was in the morning hours as maids normally service apartments prior to lunch. The guy checks out the next day on the 15th so what has taken place between?

Was she left laying paralysed in pain on the floor until he checked out the next day?

Did he call for medical assistance?

Did her employer or family send out a search party and find her in his room?

If he did call for assistance or she was found prior to his checking out then I do not know why the police weren't contacted before he left. Surely she would have been asked by doctors/medical staff what had happened.

I don’t quite get this (sorry I am not undermining this poor girls tragic plight) if she was injured to the point of losing her ability to breath on her own she should be dead according to the story above. I am presuming the mere fact that he managed to escape was that she was not found immediately and if she were not found immediately she should indeed have passed away there and then. It sounds to me that she indeed sustained a cervical fracture in the attack but when help arrived this was when the actual nerve damage was done! I would also be very concerned (apart from the missing alleged perpetrator) that her ability to breath on her own was actually compromised by the rescuers and medical staff attending to her after the event. Very sad indeed if a terrible attack was made worse by people helping who are not qualified to do so. I am presuming a lot but the report does not seem to make sense...well to me anyway.

• Like 2

If true, a horrible crime which the perpetrator should pay for. However no one should convicted in the press or on Thai Visa before they had a fair trial (no laughter please). Also, the alleged victim should also not be tried online because of her nationality. As for getting this american back to Thailand, it will take a while. Not because of the Justice Department, but because he will probably get a good lawyer who will use every tactic available to US citizens to avoid extradition.

If this is all true, then she would probably best be served by suing the guy in the US. There are plenty of lawyers who would take a case like this on without up-front fees.

While I think our sue-happy legal system in the US goes too far, in cases like this, it is certainly appropriate, and she has a better chance of getting enough money for life-long medical care than she does here in Thailand.

• Like 1

I don't know about you, but the cops are not usually found to be in my hotel room. Are you implying they should have been there watching this take place? You made a very confusing post.

the maid may have had a previous injury from a vehicle accident but unless this is investigated properly we will never know .

As someone who studied law, I can tell you that "you take your victim as you find him/her".

Regardless of any prior injury, she was walking around and breathing prior to this (currently alleged) attack. After the incident, she was no longer able to do either, so if he is found to be culpable for her condition, he deserves everything that the justice system can throw at him.

Great headline guys whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

Please remember where you are, or at least the source of the news.

SUSPECTED, is, I assume, the missing word?

The headline is 100% accurate. It is a warrant for his arrest because there is sufficient evidence, not a statement that he is quilty. English is a tricky langauge.

Sorry, but English must be even more tricky than you think. The headline is wrong. and you are assuming that there is irrefutable evidence which is not mentioned in this article, therefore, it is a mute point.

I fail to see how without eye witness testimony or video surveillance that this can be conclusively determined at this point in time and again there is no mention of of any of this in the article. English is indeed a most complex language, however ,it does does have a sustainable form and function which is more than can be claimed by either the Thai police or the local media.

• Like 1

If you bring a couple of women to a hotel room for a heavy drinking session , do you ask for two Thai police to be present in the room at all times in case you drink too much and fancy flinging a maid across the room.

I think this is more a case of 'after the event' - your posting on this is rather stupid, methinks!!!

If you bring a couple of women to a hotel room for a heavy drinking session , do you ask for two Thai police to be present in the room at all times in case you drink too much and fancy flinging a maid across the room.

I think this is more a case of 'after the event' - your posting on this is rather stupid, methinks!!!

Would you trust two Thai cops in your room whilst you are partying with a couple of girls? They would probably lift your wallet and all other valuables.

This is one of those times where I really wish I could read Thai... The Google Translate version of the Manager Thai article is more than a bit tough to follow, but at least has a few discernable details.

Col. R. Holstein pretty lucky deer Pgs.ผnp.sn. CBD. Investigation revealed that the owner. After receiving official notification to the coordinator of the hotel. For information on the cause of the latter's name as Mr. Davis, John Douglas (Davis John Douglas) 45 year old American from that investigation. Before the accident victim and the two girls and said John had come to drink in the room of Mr. John. Until the sickness. Then John took a bath. Leaving the victim and the two men sat drinking about 30 minutes later John came out of the bathroom and asked the victim to return before leaving with a foreign victim alone.

Then the hotel staff recently heard a woman wailing cry. So I rushed to the room to find Miss months clothing, men are crawling out of the room with his racers. And complained of pain in the neck too. The victim said the abuse I threw a fall from bed. The hotel staff was rushed to the hospital, police accident occurred at approximately 1:00 to 3:00 pm on May 14 last. Are collected as evidence. Moreover, the coordination office of Immigration that John has returned the United States. Up to 0975 Sqn flight at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&ie=UTF-8&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manager.co.th%2Fcrime%2FViewNews.aspx%3FNewsID%3D9560000072645

Great headline guys whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

Please remember where you are, or at least the source of the news.

SUSPECTED, is, I assume, the missing word?

The headline is 100% accurate. It is a warrant for his arrest because there is sufficient evidence, not a statement that he is quilty. English is a tricky langauge.

Are you sure the headline is "100% accurate"

Although I am not an English teacher, nor was an English major I can say that the headline is indeed in misleading.

"Arrest warrant to be issued for American man who attacked, paralyzed maid"

Regardless of whether or not an arrest warrant from the Thai police does NOT in any way provide that he did indeed attack and paralyze the maid.

If they said "Arrest warrant to be issued for an American that is presumed to have attacked and paralyzed maid", that would have been correct.

It should say; "Arrest warrant applied for American who attacked maid." In English you can use 'poetic license' to headline a story, with full details in the article.

Would you trust two Thai cops in your room whilst you are partying with a couple of girls? They would probably lift your wallet and all other valuables.

No I wouldn't!! and neither would the wife (on both accounts)!!

If he is guilty, they should make sure he gets what he deserves.

Farang trash

Or more precisely!!!

American trash!!!

Besides, we call it rubbish here and we devised the language which is why it is called English..