How can Vietnamese women properly get work permits in Pattaya city?

There are occupations which are reserved for Thai people only (therefore WPs for folks from other countries are not possible).

Have you checked this? Lots of information on this point in the pinned posts at the start of this thread.

• Like 1

Can I ask why they have to be Vietnamese?

If this work is not a restricted occupation, you will need to employ four Thai's for every foreigner you need a work permit for. To extend these work permits, I recall the threshold for extending work permits by the department of labour is approx 30,000 baht per month.

So you are going to be looking at those type of costs associated with getting a work permit for a VN worker.

• Like 1

There is no minimum salary for a work permit. For extensions of stay at immigration there is a minimum salary of 25,000 baht for those from Asian countries.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

I'm also interested to know how all those Thai Shops employ the Indian sales staff. For example if you been to Pratunam Indra Hotel, there are quit a few shops selling cheap electronics and textile. Before 6-7 years mostly young Thais worked there as sale stuff.
The Thais often had problems with the attitude of the Indian Customer, as they have a annoying special way to bargain. On the other hand even "regular customers" often had to ask for service, because the Thai stuff was busy playing with there mobile phone.

If you go now to that center, 90% of the sale stuff is Indian and below 30 years. They are extremely motivated (for my taste a little bit over the top....) to sale and also can cope better with difficult customers.

Most people who ever tried to get half decent staff in Thailand and especially in Pattaya can understand why I ask this question biggrin.png ... I don't say it is impossible to find a motivated young Thai, but one needs luck...

The are many Indian immigrants that have been living in Thailand for decades that have Thai nationality. Meaning their children and grand children are also Thai citizens.

If not they might be working illegally.

I'm also interested to know how all those Thai Shops employ the Indian sales staff. For example if you been to Pratunam Indra Hotel, there are quit a few shops selling cheap electronics and textile. Before 6-7 years mostly young Thais worked there as sale stuff.

The Thais often had problems with the attitude of the Indian Customer, as they have a annoying special way to bargain. On the other hand even "regular customers" often had to ask for service, because the Thai stuff was busy playing with there mobile phone.

If you go now to that center, 90% of the sale stuff is Indian and below 30 years. They are extremely motivated (for my taste a little bit over the top....) to sale and also can cope better with difficult customers.

Most people who ever tried to get half decent staff in Thailand and especially in Pattaya can understand why I ask this question biggrin.png ... I don't say it is impossible to find a motivated young Thai, but one needs luck...

There are about 65,000 Thai's of Indian descent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indians_in_Thailand

Thanksthumbsup.gif samran, ubonjoe, khwaibah et al. thumbsup.gif #6 & #10 are prohibited referring to http://www.mol.go.th/employee/occupation%20_prohibited .

Noticeably, female Thais have not performed such works. Perhaps, they become shop owners. I experienced impressively shampooing, ear-cleaning & face masking services from female Vietnamese staffs at salon shops in Phnom Penh & Ho Chi Minh city. A friend, mixed-blood - KhmerViet, who'd worked in such shop for years, will come to live with her husband in Thailand soon that I plan to partner such business with her.

Thanks:thumbsup: samran, ubonjoe, khwaibah et al. :thumbsup: #6 & #10 are prohibited referring to http://www.mol.go.th/employee/occupation%20_prohibited .

Noticeably, female Thais have not performed such works. Perhaps, they become shop owners. I experienced impressively shampooing, ear-cleaning & face masking services from female Vietnamese staffs at salon shops in Phnom Penh & Ho Chi Minh city. A friend, mixed-blood - KhmerViet, who'd worked in such shop for years, will come to live with her husband in Thailand soon that I plan to partner such business with her.

Not pre judging here but one night deduce that your customer base might be Bangkok, Chiangmai or similar. The fact that you intend to bring 20 probably beautiful Vietnamese girls to Pattaya might cause you a few problems with the locals? Also I understand WP Ratio means you will need to employ 80 Thais in this business? 4:1. Can't see it myself.... But good luck nevertheless.

The are many Indian immigrants that have been living in Thailand for decades that have Thai nationality. Meaning their children and grand children are also Thai citizens.

Indian shop owners also employ a number of ethnic Indians from Myanmar because of their language skills. they are not working illegally but have work and residence permit based on "neigbouring countries labour law."

• Like 2

Indian shop owners also employ a number of ethnic Indians from Myanmar because of their language skills. they are not working illegally but have work and residence permit based on "neigbouring countries labour law."
Indeed, it is called a migrant labour permit and allows for nationals from Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar to be employed legally in Thailand without the usual work permit requirements of minimum salary for extension of stays nor the need for 4:1 ratios. Edited by samran

Indeed, it is called a migrant labour permit and allows for nationals from Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar to be employed legally in Thailand without the usual work permit requirements of minimum salary for extension of stays nor the need for 4:1 ratios.

We the Westerners tend to forget that, because the different way we're treated all the time. As well forgetting that if you are Thai employer, all the reules becomes very different and adaptive. Look at the construction workers, as well as many other business. These people are not worried a bit about being caught with an expired visa or missing a stamp. Their employers have their "misterious" ways to make sure their workers can stay, go back and come again and keep working all the time (under very harsh conditions I must say). My feeling is as that as long money changes hands in the right amount , all is fine for everyone.

Yesterday I was talking to a lady that has a very small (and unequipped) restaurant. She employs a 19 yrs old Cambodian girl. The owner said that Thai waitress are lazy, so she doesn't want any. The girl appeared well to be very happy about staying in Thailand and learning the language in exchange for a little work. I'm sure neither of the two had made any of these pleasent trip to immigration and the other B.S. that is imposed to "us", After all that is right, it's "us" that imported laws, regulations and bureocracy.

Edited by paz

Thanks:thumbsup: samran, ubonjoe, khwaibah et al. thumbsup.gif #6 & #10 are prohibited referring to http://www.mol.go.th/employee/occupation%20_prohibited .

Not pre judging here but one night deduce that your customer base might be Bangkok, Chiangmai or similar. The fact that you intend to bring 20 probably beautiful Vietnamese girls to Pattaya might cause you a few problems with the locals? Also I understand WP Ratio means you will need to employ 80 Thais in this business? 4:1. Can't see it myself.... But good luck nevertheless.

Quote from just above:

"The fact that you intend to bring 20 probably beautiful Vietnamese girls to Pattaya might cause you a few problems with the locals? Also I understand WP Ratio means you will need to employ 80 Thais in this business? 4:1. Can't see it myself.... But good luck nevertheless. "

This is a good point for several reasons.

- WP stuff

- Having Thai and Vietnamese staff working together (if that's your objective), will not work, I guarantee you, the Thai staff will not accept them / work together with them. Thais - rightly or wrongly / fair or unfair, have a fairly negative opinion about Vietnamese, and language problems will only exacerbate this.

- If your planning to give the Vietnamese some help with travel & accommodation etc., this will be public information (your parlor and other local parlors)

in 2 minutes and will create war, and possible mean that your Thai staff (and in other parlors) demand 'benefits', and you probably already know that Thai women in this industry are pretty hard to control.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Indeed, it is called a migrant labour permit and allows for nationals from Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar to be employed legally in Thailand without the usual work permit requirements of minimum salary for extension of stays nor the need for 4:1 ratios.

We the Westerners tend to forget that, because the different way we're treated all the time. As well forgetting that if you are Thai employer, all the reules becomes very different and adaptive. Look at the construction workers, as well as many other business. These people are not worried a bit about being caught with an expired visa or missing a stamp. Their employers have their "misterious" ways to make sure their workers can stay, go back and come again and keep working all the time (under very harsh conditions I must say). My feeling is as that as long money changes hands in the right amount , all is fine for everyone.

Yesterday I was talking to a lady that has a very small (and unequipped) restaurant. She employs a 19 yrs old Cambodian girl. The owner said that Thai waitress are lazy, so she doesn't want any. The girl appeared well to be very happy about staying in Thailand and learning the language in exchange for a little work. I'm sure neither of the two had made any of these pleasent trip to immigration and the other B.S. that is imposed to "us", After all that is right, it's "us" that imported laws, regulations and bureocracy.

Nothing mysterious about it. It is called the Migrant Labour Worker Scheme. Available to any Thai company or legal resident. Apply through the labour department. Very easy to do, even for the little restuarant.