Booze Banned In Phuket

george

BOOZE BANNED IN PHUKET

PHUKET: -- In what is probably the most important and relevant election news for foreign residents of Phuket it has been announced that alcohol will be banned this weekend. No alcohol will be allowed to be sold before and during the election period, said Wisut Romin, Deputy Chief of Phuket Administration and Justice Enhancement Group.

All kinds of alcoholic beverages are prohibited from sale. Entertainment venues will still be allowed to open but the selling of alcohol will not be permitted. The ban will be in force from 6pm on April 1 to 6pm on April 2. Anyone found selling alcohol will be arrested under section 112 of the Election act. The maximum penalty is six months imprisonment, a 10,000 baht fine or both.

--Phuket Post 2006-03-31

I bought 5 cases of beer from my wholesalers today. Be prepared.

Also, I found "Chang Draught" (in bottles?) and I took a case as a sample. Not cold yet so a report will be posted tomorra.

Other selections were:

Archa = Bht 385.00 (apv 5.40%)

Chang "draught" = Bht 365.00 (apv 5.00%)

Chang Light = Bht 520.00 (apv 4.20%)

Also, I found "Chang Draught" (in bottles?) and I took a case as a sample. Not cold yet so a report will be posted tomorra.

I forgot. Anyway, tried the *Chang* "draught" after cooling it. I wouldn't say that it tasted bad but rather there was no taste at all. Perrier water comes to mind. Now I have 11 bottles spare. Come in handy for 'carry-in' to the next party, I guess.