flying with gold bars out of the country

At the price of gold today 4 ounces would be over the 50,000 baht limit for personal use.

I think you are confusing laws

When they say 50k baht they mean 50k Thai currency specifically as in notes

I have not looked recently but it use to be a limit of 500k to neighboring countries & 50k to all other countries.

Again I am speaking of Thai Baht Currency

Edited by mania

Your better off selling before you leave. I have tested/Xrayed, several pieces of 96.5 gold, and all tested to be 92.5. One exception was my sister's gold ingot she had with her from the USA. It was suppose to be pure gold, and it measured 99.9% on the same xray machine.

In testing silver I have tested maybe 40 pieces, and only one piece was less than 92.5%. Some as high as 97%.

Edited by AlanL1275

Your better off selling before you leave. I have tested/Xrayed, several pieces of 96.5 gold, and all tested to be 92.5. One exception was my sister's gold ingot she had with her from the USA. It was suppose to be pure gold, and it measured 99.9% on the same xray machine.

In testing silver I have tested maybe 40 pieces, and only one piece was less than 92.5%. Some as high as 97%.

cheesy.gif

What colour are the moons on your planet Alan?
  • Like 1

I have a feeling they are 92% gold in color smile.png

Farmer Floyd speaks wise words.

I got ALL of my money out of my home country & moved it here years ago. Now, 68% of my savings is in gold. I'm still buying, by the way. I have no, absolutely no thoughts, of ever taking it out of LOS. Why would I?

When the Western economies collapse (and its a matter of when, not if) I will be fine...actually more than fine. There will be runaway inflation in the West and some inflation here. As long as Thailand pegs it's gold price to the US dollar, or maybe the Euro, after the dollar collapses, or even the Yuan, my purchasing power will have been preserved.

My recomendation...leave it here, in a safe place.

By the way, a bank, even here, or should I say especially here, is not a safe place. You have to get out of the system. Crossing international borders & declaring your PM's puts you in the system.

Leave it here & the Western country from whence you came will never know about it. That's out of the system (as long as it's not in a bank).

[/quote

I agree leave it here. Gold in Thailand has a build in currency protection, when the Baht depreciate against the US$ the gold price in Baht terms increase. G4S got a good facility in Silom at B 6000 per year and you can pay years in advance. If the western economies go up in smoke they can again confiscate gold like they did in the 30's. If you need the cash back home rather convert the gold to US$ pay it into your Thai bank account and draw it at an ATM back home (take out the US$ 10000 with you). It maybe more expensive but you will not be breaking the law. If you want to own gold, sell it as I said and buy it back home again. The gold price will be indecline until the bubble burst and you could buy the gold at a lower price than what you sold it here for.

Good luck.

As a note to my earlier post.

I also own gold, and do not worry about the 92.5% gold content in it, because anytime I choose to sell in Thailand, I get paid for 96.5%.

I did okay recently buying at 18,600 baht/baht.

Good Luck with your decision.

let him x-ray the moons first to determine their colours.

As a note to my earlier post.

I also own gold, and do not worry about the 92.5% gold content in it, because anytime I choose to sell in Thailand, I get paid for 96.5%.

I did okay recently buying at 18,600 baht/baht.

Good Luck with your decision.

So you buy 92.5% gold in Thailand but sell it as 96.5%?How many moons does your planet have Alan?blink.png