Lost In Bangkok

jammi

Hi everyone,

Im posting this here as not many people seem to read or post on the meet up thread.

been living in bangkok about a year now with my thai boyfreind, things all good there, but im really in need a some female company. Guess im getting a little homesick really. So where is you ladies actually sociaise?

i have scene a lot of things put togher for guys, football teams, etc is there anything similar going on for the ladies and why dont i hear about it?

I have got to the point now where i cant be botherd to go out beacuse im tierd of having repedative conversations with travellers passing though, and thai freinds where conversation is unfortunatley limited at this stage.

help !

Hi everyone,

Im posting this here as not many people seem to read or post on the meet up thread.

been living in bangkok about a year now with my thai boyfreind, things all good there, but im really in need a some female company. Guess im getting a little homesick really. So where is you ladies actually sociaise?

i have scene a lot of things put togher for guys, football teams, etc is there anything similar going on for the ladies and why dont i hear about it?

I have got to the point now where i cant be botherd to go out beacuse im tierd of having repedative conversations with travellers passing though, and thai freinds where conversation is unfortunatley limited at this stage.

help !

hey Jammi,

Sorry but I dont live in BKK but I share your pain. I used to live in the South with my bf in a town with hardly any farang females. I really hurt for female company buy the the time I had been there a year. I am in Korea right now making some cash but I am moving back to Thailand. I was actully thinking about moving to BKK so I wouldnt be so isolated. But I dont know if I can handle the cock!!! Let me know how it goes.

Meme.

Hi Jammi, I used to go to Phra Athit Road a lot - do you know it? It's at the back side of Thammasat Uni near the backpackers area. The three best pubs were/are "The Hemlock", "The Joy Luck Club" and "The Peachy Guest House". Lots of journalists, UN workers, NGO folks etc and plenty farang women. I prefer this end of town to Silom and all that. Best of luck!

Meme - "handle the cock" - s'cuse me, what does that mean????????

Well it simply means that I do not think I can handle all that is Bangkok. The noise, the pollution, all the people. What else could it possibly mean?? :o I suppose I should have written "I don't know if I can handle the kok" :D

Thanks alot for your messeges , I live in pinklao area so Have spent alot of time around phra ahtit road, and surrounding areas . havent ever met any girls that are sticking around only western guys with thai girlfreinds who from experience I have never found to freindly.

surpose i should just get out thee and force myself to mingle more, but it all becomes such a choir and so frustrating, such a change from home where your freindships are taken for granted.

Im not employed as im trying to set up my own small bussiness so contacts through work are limited and all thai.

I would suggest joining a sports group - do you play netball? There is a comp on Monday nights with about 12 teams of farang women but its in Suk so long way for you to go. Search Bangkok Netball League or get a link through www.southerners-bangkok.com. Otherwise European Young Professionals networking group. Lots of farang women there, young and in various industries. Search for their website. Their events are free and held monthly. Good for business contacts too. Or try BNOW - BKK Network of Women - again check net for address. Or perhaps Ultimate Frisbee? Alot of North Americans, plus Thais (boyfriend could play), mixed crowd who play social games Sat and/or Sundays at the Army grounds on Vipawadee Ragsit. Check out the net under 'soidawgz' something other. Fun crowd for some.

The bankok netball league site is http://www.bangkoknetball.com/ and the European Young Professionals site is http://www.europeanyoungprofessionals.com/. Certainly the latter is great for meeting people of all genders and natioalities, and plenty of farrang women go to their monthly meetings (no meeting in April though).

Thanks all for your help and suggestions, all are apreciated.

I may give the nettball a go but to be honest it has nevr been a big intrestof mine , well havent played since school days. You never know my compedative nature may be forced out!

im 27 from london, main intrests i guess are design, interiors, archetecture which i dont know much about. Sports im big into horse riding back in u.k but doent seem the right enviroment for that in bangkok. Music is also a big intrest.

already joined a big gym thats down stairs from my apartment.

ok keep the suggestions coming! its all good

Sports im big into horse riding back in u.k but doent seem the right enviroment for that in bangkok.

I have to agree... I used to ride at the Bangkok Equestrian Centre on Saturdays, and I was always drenched in sweat... you just can't beat a ride around the countryside. Marshlands aren't much fun! I stopped going after about a year.

The bankok netball league site is http://www.bangkoknetball.com/ and the European Young Professionals site is http://www.europeanyoungprofessionals.com/. Certainly the latter is great for meeting people of all genders and natioalities, and plenty of farrang women go to their monthly meetings (no meeting in April though).

Thanks all for your help and suggestions, all are apreciated.

I may give the nettball a go but to be honest it has nevr been a big intrestof mine , well havent played since school days. You never know my compedative nature may be forced out!

im 27 from london, main intrests i guess are design, interiors, archetecture which i dont know much about. Sports im big into horse riding back in u.k but doent seem the right enviroment for that in bangkok. Music is also a big intrest.

already joined a big gym thats down stairs from my apartment.

ok keep the suggestions coming! its all good

Sorry to interrupt. Have you thought of going to (or phoning) the Embassy and talk to one of the girls there?

I'm sure they have a network or at least will inform you.

Good Luck

LaoPo