Home button on Iphone 4 stop work?

Sandman77

• 2 weeks later...

I had same problem when I bought refurbed 2nd hand iPhone 4 in the UK before coming to LOS. Trawling through various forums revealed this was quite a common problem and too expensive to fix and the suggestion was the same to go into settings and use assistive touch, I have gotten used to doing that and now find it as easy as using the home button.

• Like 1

I have an old 4 lying around unused with the home button not very responsive. Wanted to sell it or trade in against on 4s or 5. Trade in shop told me repair of button would cost 1200 baht, and showed me the part that would be replaced, and pointed me to several repair shops who could do this easily. This was on samui, where everything is more expensive. So pretty sure home button can be fixed for under 1000 baht in bkk.

• 2 weeks later...

I was quoted 300 for the same repair. 2 hours. That's in Chiang Mai.

Allright before everyone asks I'll give the secret away: A small shop called "Mac" on Huay Khao road. In a shophouse going towards the old city, before the Amari Rincome intersection, on the left hand side of the road. Guy's name is Kit, he's the best Mac repair shop in town.

Edited by nikster