Baffled by TM forms?

Did you contact Portland again about a non-o.

Dallas is another good consulate also for the O visa.

No reply to date - I may call after the weekend or just send the application once I've got a firm departure time - thinking of 15 Aug if all my arrangements fall in place so would send in app. at least 3-4 weeks before. Thanks again.

Honorary consulates cannot issue O-A Multiple Entry (long stay) visas. They must be issued by actual Thai consulates in the US. Those are Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and of course the Embassy in Washington D.C.

With the reasonably good postal service in the US it is very easy to use the Embassy in Washington D.C. since there is no geographical restrictions on using the Embassy, where there are geographical restrictions on using the Consulates

I obtain a new O-A Multiple Entry Visa every two years from the Consulate in New York, doing everything by mail. Both New York and the Washington Embassy do not require that you have the supporting documents (health form, proof of sufficient funds in a US bank or brokerage, police report) notarized, as LA and Chicago do

I spend 8 months in Thailand during the winter and 4 months in the US, so the O-A, Multiple serves my purposes since I can get 2 years worth of coverage without having to do any border runs, just my 90 day reports. Cost is about the same as converting an O into a 1 year permission to stay and saves me the hassle of dealing with the US Embassy in Bangkok to obtain the proof of funds letter, as well as dealing with Thai Immigration for the permission to stay and / or obtaining a re-entry permit to keep the permission to stay alive

Thanks - I will check out the NY & DC sites.

I live in NM aprox. 50 miles from US/Mexico border. I sent email to Dr. 2 weeks ago asking about signing med. cert. no answer as yet. My experience with getting my documents for last E-O was horrid - those little sqiggly letters on the forms just make folks here afraid (they might get sued) or I'm running a scam. The easiest is the police report because there is not a form.

If talking about O-A visa application believe it is just a letter of your current account balance or even a current statement - but should ask at the location making application as not all may want the same thing.

From embassy website. http://dc.thaiembdc.org/consular/visa/Non-Imglong.aspx

- A copy of bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht

- In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required

Note: If you get the multiple entry non-o you can get an extension of stay here if you have an income of over 65K baht a month. This can also be money in an IRA, 401K and etc. IE: if you have the equivalent of 780K baht or more this would equal 65K baht income. In your case this is done by way of an income affidavit from the US embassy in Bangkok.

Edited by ubonjoe