Family tributes to Liverpool dad-to-be killed in Thailand

webfact

Family tributes to Liverpool dad-to-be killed in Thailand

dt.jpg
Darren Taylor in Thailand. Photo: liverpoolecho.co.uk

BANGKOK: -- Darren Taylor, 34, originally from Walton, died in Bangkok with his family saying he had been pushed from the balcony of the sixth-floor flat where he was living

A Liverpool man killed in Thailand had been looking forward to becoming a dad for the first time, his family said.

Darren Taylor, 34, originally from Walton, died in Bangkok on Thursday.

His family said he had been pushed from the balcony of the sixth-floor flat where he was living.

Parents Linda and Gary said police officers told them a man from Bootle had been arrested at the scene and was being held by Thai police.

Darren, a former Childwall School pupil, had been living in the country for three years with a Thai girlfriend who was four months pregnant.

Speaking from the family home in City Road, Walton, mum Linda said: “He was made up about the baby, he was delighted.

“The last text we had from him was on the Wednesday and he was telling us he was going to bring up a beautiful baby. That was the day before he was murdered.

“He was so happy and he was so much in love.

“He’d always had a stream of girlfriends and he’d finally met someone, his girlfriend Dao, who he really loved.

“Last time I spoke to him on the phone he said to me ‘I love you loads mum and tell my dad I love him loads too’.”

Full story: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/family-tributes-liverpool-dad-to-be-killed-4450766

-- LIVERPOOL Echo 2013-06-19

• Like 1

there's most likely an organized anti-foreign force in play as we can see in so many other similar cases. Currently many(most) Thais are worried about the massive inbound of foreigners in black, white and yellow.

• Like 1

"Parents Linda and Gary said police officers told them a man from Bootle had been arrested at the scene and was being held by Thai police."

Perhaps we will hear what the arrested suspect had to say.

R.I.P. Mr Taylor, it looks like you were enjoying your life before you were taken away.

This is not the time or place to cast aspersions on the man, his choice of friends or anything else.

He has a grieving family back in the UK wanting answers.

• Like 1

Might've been one of those 'shove off' moves that often precedes punches being exchanged rather than a deliberate effort to send the guy plummeting. Was the balcony wall below waist height ? Out of interest where did this happen….anyone here know him ?

Edited by lemonjelly

It's a shame his family couldn't supply any pictures which DON'T show the deceased at a bar. rolleyes.gif

We have the prude patrol here today and pray tell what is wrong with the guy being at a bar, a few here need to get a life, best wishes to the family and his unborn child in their sorrow

It's official. I've now been called every name in the book. laugh.png

(Perhaps my comment had more to do with the international press and their love of painting Thailand with the "Land of Whores" brush?)

• Like 1

Was the deceased employed? And if so what was his job?

The echo reports that he invited some chap back to his apartment. It's rather depressing to read that the fellow die because he was showed some kindness/hospitality to someone from his hometown. It would be interesting to know the additional circumstances of this case.

• Like 1

Was the deceased employed? And if so what was his job?

The echo reports that he invited some chap back to his apartment. It's rather depressing to read that the fellow die because he was showed some kindness/hospitality to someone from his hometown. It would be interesting to know the additional circumstances of this case.

I take it that you've never been to Liverpool

As a forgeinger you have to be very,

very carefull who you associate with as most people here in Thailand are

not what they appear to be! Just take all the ladyboys here for example.

Well if you are going to hang out in certain areas that is what you will get.

Not hanging out in the spots I wouldn't know.

• Like 2

They say a guy from Bootle had been arrested at the scene. I would assume that the offender was a fellow Englishman. Could there of been a bit of skylarking between a couple of English mates?

"most people here in Thailand are not what they appear to be". I wonder what they actually are then?

"Just take all the ladyboys here for example." Where should we take them? They seem to be located in areas where it best suits their purpose in life.

Some are successful business people, some are entertainers in Thai movies and TV and some enjoy the alternate lifestyle of the bar and club scene. Most people who have lived in Thailand for a while are able to distinguish one from regular women.

• Like 2

sometimes i am Na I looking at the comment some TVM make.

without reason nor evidence people get scaffolded on a unprecedented scale.

It might be time for the moderators to consider deleting post when accusations are made without sufficient evidence

RIP.

Careful, you are losing merit. But enough! Our reasons are above your intelligence level. Our evidence is beyond your scope of understanding. Go back to your balcony and accept it, just as you accept everything else in this country that conveniences you.

All the best to the lad who is no longer with us. We'll be along shortly, mate! Keep the beer cold!

• Like 1

Did you read the article where it says a suspect from Bootle has been arrested?