Rup Law Boyfriend

hellohello

I have a wonderful Thai boyfriend for 2 years; he is very good-looking. I say that because my Thai girlfriends whom have Farang boyfriends always tell me so over and over and OVER. My western girlfriends also say he handsome, but then they leave it at that.

So here’s my question about their and other Thai woman’s actions when we are first out together (or probably when he’s not with me, I don’t know).

I know it’s polite in Thailand to be helpful but some of these girls are practically throwing them selves at him. When they first meet “J”. They serve him, try to feed him, and rush to his every need. (One even tried to dig a splinter out of his foot!) Since being with him I’ve learned and its fun to serve him bits of food, as he dose it for me constantly. It’s a sweet and romantic action between us. And now I know it’s a nice way for us to show how much we care for each other and build intimacy. But when these Thai girls whom we have just met, are gushing over him I find it a bit much. I’ve never said anything to him nor care too, but I want to know how much of this in normal polite behavior in Thai culture and when or is it crossing a line?

Anyway much of this gushing over “J” as I would call it seems to stem from the same kind of Thai Girl, she is very pretty, but with a super nice but not so handsome Farang partner and after a few weeks it begins to subside and we all become friends, but whenever a new Thai woman on the scene shows up it’s the exact same thing. I find it a bit disrespectful to me, his girlfriend, and even more to their partners. Although I got to admit their partners dont seem to notice it as it seems to happen when they are not present.

Has any other of you Farang girls had this experience?

Hello, no one's said anything here so I'll just take this moment to share my (male) perspective. The behavior you describe is, in my experience, abnormal for Thai females who are aware that a male already has a girlfriend, especially if the girlfriend is present. Such behavior is demeaning to your boyfriend (the girls assume he will be impressed by their shallow gestures), disrespectful to you, and shameful to the girls who do it. Maybe you're hanging with the wrong crowd or in the wrong atmosphere?

On the other hand, being at the receiving end of this kind of behavior is probably not something new to your boyfriend. He must be used to it by now, and thus it probably does not carry much if any significance with him. In fact, probably one of the things he likes about you is that you're different. If you're going to stay in Thailand with him long term, I suppose you'll have to adjust and get used to it too, since while it is an annoyance, if you trust him it's not a concern. Or change who you hang out with.

Good luck,

Chuck

Hello, no one's said anything here so I'll just take this moment to share my (male) perspective. The behavior you describe is, in my experience, abnormal for Thai females who are aware that a male already has a girlfriend, especially if the girlfriend is present. Such behavior is demeaning to your boyfriend (the girls assume he will be impressed by their shallow gestures), disrespectful to you, and shameful to the girls who do it. Maybe you're hanging with the wrong crowd or in the wrong atmosphere?

On the other hand, being at the receiving end of this kind of behavior is probably not something new to your boyfriend. He must be used to it by now, and thus it probably does not carry much if any significance with him. In fact, probably one of the things he likes about you is that you're different. If you're going to stay in Thailand with him long term, I suppose you'll have to adjust and get used to it too, since while it is an annoyance, if you trust him it's not a concern. Or change who you hang out with.

Good luck,

Chuck

I agree with Chuck...it is a touchy feely sort of society..it doesn't have connotations as it might have in the West. Cultural considerations play an important part. Good luck..but don't fold over next to nothing.

Could I suggest the simple thing of getting your b/f to explain to these women that their behaviour is not acceptable to him or you & to please stop. If he doesn't feel comfortable with that you might try learning some thai phrases, such as;

Stop feeding my b/f you slag!

Keep your eyes on your own b/f you bitch before I gouge them out with a spoon!

etc etc etc

Can anyone help with the translations?

:D:o:D

Could I suggest the simple thing of getting your b/f to explain to these women that their behaviour is not acceptable to him or you & to please stop. If he doesn't feel comfortable with that you might try learning some thai phrases, such as;

Stop feeding my b/f you slag!

Keep your eyes on your own b/f you bitch before I gouge them out with a spoon!

etc etc etc

Can anyone help with the translations?

:D:o:D

this advice based on joint consultation? :D:D

Nat Posted on Sat 2004-02-28, 08:08:28

this advice based on joint consultation? 

I beleive we are qualified don't you? :D

Anyway Nat, do you want to confess how you embarrassed yourself in Saxaphone the other night? :D:D New book to be released soon, How to make friends and influence people. written by Nat :o

Anyway Nat, do you want to confess how you embarrassed yourself in Saxaphone the other night? :D:D New book to be released soon, How to make friends and influence people. written by Nat :o

:D you must admit the results were impressive though - I really do know how to leave my mark.

Chapter 1: How to get that job

Simply ask the interviewer "what's the difference between good, great and show off?" :D

not bad....just cheeky :D

Chapter 2: How to ensure the bar staff remember you

Make sure you're wearing a figure hugging skirt with a cleavage exposing top and speaking about double jointed anatomy as drinks are being ordered. However this must be done tactfully and in true bimbo style, one must not be aware that one of the bar staff is standing next to you! :o

• 4 weeks later...

LOL @ bimbo style. Do you really think doing it bimbo style will fix it. It makes u look like them. Anyways, i would of just told them to back the <deleted> off. Or Nat's way is good :o hahaha

I think those girls are just jealous that there is a fine farang woman taking their thai man. They are probably wanting to show him what he is missing from not being with a Thai woman. And wanting to let him consider being with a Thai instead.

question: Does he mind at the fact that they are doing that? If it does bother him, I wouldnt know why he hasnt said anything to them, especially while you're right there next to him. Or is he letting them pamper him just for a joy ride?

Girl, put your foot down and say something. It's obvious that its bothering you. If that dont work, then maybe u might have to bitch slap some Thai girls...LOL

Edited by Boo

not bad....just cheeky :D

Make sure you're wearing a figure hugging skirt with a cleavage exposing top and speaking about double jointed anatomy as drinks are being ordered. However this must be done tactfully and in true bimbo style, one must not be aware that one of the bar staff is standing next to you! :o

Who has been a naughty little thing Natty ? Reducing the intake of C2H5OH might make a difference :D

not bad....just cheeky  :D

Make sure you're wearing a figure hugging skirt with a cleavage exposing top and speaking about double jointed anatomy as drinks are being ordered. However this must be done tactfully and in true bimbo style, one must not be aware that one of the bar staff is standing next to you!  :o

Who has been a naughty little thing Natty ? Reducing the intake of C2H5OH might make a difference :D

he gets arounds Dr P doesn't he? Himbo style :D

Thanks all for your comments.

I thought some of these girls were a bit O.T.T, but really "J" and I just laugh about it now. If anything it seems to have brought us closer by talking and laughing. I did learn a new Thai Phrase though: "J" taught me Kee-get I believe it means Envy. I think that says it all. :o

I thought some of these girls were a bit O.T.T, but really "J" and I just laugh about it now. If anything it seems to have brought us closer by talking and laughing.

Glad things have worked out - laughter is the best medicine and communication the key to a healthy relationship :o:D