VISA FROM HULL,applying from Ireland.

Hi,

I'm going back to Ireland for a month.

I've got a Thai marriage certificate and plan to apply for a "non migrant O multi entry"

on the grounds of marriage.from the consulate of hull in England.

Can anybody see anything wrong with this plan.The consulate in Dublin says that they will take a month to process a visa and hull says 24 hours.

Any updates,anybody tried getting a visa from hull from outside the U.K. recently.

Thanks

Check their web-site.

Believe visas are only available to those resident in the UK.

I am not sure, I think they only will not mail back to Non UK postal addresses, better ask.

A friend of mine (Dutch) has been in contact with Hull about applying for a Multiple Non Immigrant O (but he is going in person)

Here are some quotes of email responses) from the Hull Consulate.

If you apply Thai visa with us at The Royal Consulate in Hull you don't need to translation back to English we accept Thai version.
You also can make an appointment with us and you will get visa as the same day if you come to see us in person (take 30 mins to process)
Edited by MJCM

a friend of mine (Irish passport and not a UK resident) recently got his visa sorted out in Hull (in person), no problem whatsoever. In fact, he was full of praise for them, in and out in under 30 minutes he rekoned

Edited by wordchild

Hi

I can’t comment specifically on non migrant O multi entry but I have used the Consulate several times for Non Imm O Multi Entry (visiting friends, no longer available) and Double Entry TV with a Dublin postal address. I avoid the Thai Embassy in Dublin 'cos they're rude. Be aware that Royal Mail is extremely slow and inefficient. Dublin to UK, 2days, UK to Dublin 5 days, arriving the day before I returned to Thailand. The staff at Hull were very helpful, replied quickly to emails etc.. and actually advised me when the passport was posted, tracking number etc...

O.K.

Thanks to all.Finiaco seems to have the same idea as me.

The website says that they can only post to the U.K,but I heard that their lenient about it.

Finiaco do you know the best way to pay them.

They say to put an extra 10 pounds for return post within the UK.

How did you pay them.

I will email them to find out more details.

Check their web-site.

Believe visas are only available to those resident in the UK.

----------------

Not sure about "recently" but in October 2010 I received a non immigrant O multi-entry visa from Hull.

I am a U.S. citizen then residing and working in Greece at the time.

No problem, Hull gave me the visa.

But call them first, and get a list of what paperwork they want.

They used to do visas by mail, probably still do that.

They told me in 2010 it was possible to do a visa by mail from my Greek address by I chose not to do that.

As far as I know they still will do visas by mail .... but obviously they can not be responsible if documents are lost in the mail,

Believe they do charge a fee if you want to do the visa by mail, and it's 10 pounds extra if you pick up the visa in person at the consulate.

But as I said, I received my visa in Hull in October 2010 as a non U.K. resident.