Looking for Auto/Car 1st Insurance for 2nd year (Which Company?)

gosompoi

I currently have Thanachart Insurance, it was my first years free insurance with my new Truck. I have a Mazda 4 door 3.2L BT-50 Pro 4x4 and want to get new 1st insurance and do not want to get screwed if I have an accident. I want to be sure that if I need the insurance it will be there to protect me and get the truck fix right. What companies should call and which should I avoid!

Edited by gosompoi

I just did some looking into this. What we changed was where the car would get repaired if required. Our old policy said it was a garage of their choice. I changed it to the car dealer. My friend had an accident and the garage the insurance used took forever to get the car back to them. Not sure if Honda would be any better, but at least I know the manager there fairly well. It cost a bit more, but worth it.

Also, have a look at the deductibles and the max allowances. Big difference in some policies. I use a broker and then picked the policy we liked the best.

• Like 1

we have had the new car 8 months but already have companies phoning up to re insure. We were quoted 22.860 + lawyer fee for a Toyota Vios ist class insured for 480.000. The guy seemed pushy and wanted to come round and photo the car and get us to sign up. Is this a good deal? I don't think so but the mrs says it's ok. I think the company is Tipatya or something similar

we have had the new car 8 months but already have companies phoning up to re insure. We were quoted 22.860 + lawyer fee for a Toyota Vios ist class insured for 480.000. The guy seemed pushy and wanted to come round and photo the car and get us to sign up. Is this a good deal? I don't think so but the mrs says it's ok. I think the company is Tipatya or something similar

That sounds like a terrible deal. At least 5-6k overpriced. Closer to 15k would be about right.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

The quotes we got for our 3 year old Honda City ranged from about 11k up to around 18k. The highest one having the lowest deductible, work done at Honda and the best coverage for property, medical, etc. Coverage value was 490k.

I worked with AA Insurance Brokers here, who have my home insurance. But ended up staying with the coverage we got via the Honda dealer.

That sounds like a terrible deal. At least 5-6k overpriced. Closer to 15k would be about right.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

ours is due next month[vios sportivo]first yr.toyota sales rep fixed the insurance[15k]just had this yrs quote direct from veriya up 600bht,wf.phoned to ask what about the no claims discount we were promised,seems like the toyota rep.cut down[by a half] of the payouts to make it look as if we got a good deal.got 2 quotes since syn mun kong 1st.class with good cover plus gov.compulsery ins.14k.we did name only 2 drivers,the other one was thanachart wich also was ok.checked out the co.seemed ok.

Stay with the dealer recommended insurance is probably best. Veriya will send the car (Toyota) to Toyota not some back-alley shop. Anew car should insure for around 16k

Variya sends the caranywhere and lets you wait 3 months for the car to be finished from my experience.

The dealer recommended company (Tanachart) also has the car fixed at non dealers and is expensive, plus conditions are not good.

Stay with the dealer recommended insurance is probably best. Veriya will send the car (Toyota) to Toyota not some back-alley shop. Anew car should insure for around 16k

Variya sends the caranywhere and lets you wait 3 months for the car to be finished from my experience.

The dealer recommended company (Tanachart) also has the car fixed at non dealers and is expensive, plus conditions are not good.

as this was our first car we were recomended by family who are personel freinds with the garage owner,now that the ins.is due we find out that the rep was not all what we were told,[lined her pockets]so this time we will make sure we get what they say or no pay,but not with variya.

Without hesitation Bangkok Insurance owned by Bangkok Bank on Sathorn Road..

The free insurance my Ranger came with is through Bangkok Insurance and I had the need to call them one day (I bumped into another vehicle) and it took 8 phone calls to get it into their heads I needed assistance as I had had an accident..... each time I would give the person my name and policy number and they would just hang up on me.

If I ever get my pickup back (been at the dealer for over a week now with a dead engine and they still have not looked at it) I will definitely be looking for another insurer as the renewal notice just came through.

I also have a new Mazda BT 50 Pro. In the past I used a broker who will give me rates from a number of companies. Keep in mind that the company you have now will raise your rates, so it's best to look for another company. But also many insurance companies will not allow you to get your truck fix at a Mazda dealer ship and not use Mazda parts. You need to use shops they deal with or pay the different. There are companies that will cover you with original parts but you need to check with the company or have a broker do it for you.

as this was our first car we were recomended by family who are personel freinds with the garage owner,now that the ins.is due we find out that the rep was not all what we were told,[lined her pockets]so this time we will make sure we get what they say or no pay,but not with variya.
one thing we have found out is when they quote you for first class ins.there are different levels,first class[1] [2] [3] and so on.that is what the rep for toyota done when she said she could get it cheaper with variya's quote,ended up with level [3]

Stay with the dealer recommended insurance is probably best. Anew car should insure for around 16k

A new car can vary in value from 500k to 1.5M

doesn't that equate in the insurance premium?

Yes, it does. Not only value of the car but also underlying information, more/less likely to get stolen, more/less likely to be involved in an accident, etc.

Stay with the dealer recommended insurance is probably best. Anew car should insure for around 16k

A new car can vary in value from 500k to 1.5M

doesn't that equate in the insurance premium?

Yes, it does. Not only value of the car but also underlying information, more/less likely to get stolen, more/less likely to be involved in an accident, etc.
thats right you have quote the value when re-insureing and you can under value it if you want to pay less,eg.i have a list i am looking at now,500,000 cover=13,000bht,

400,000 cover=12,000bht.