CM immigration visa abuse hot line/web site?

highonthai

Sounds like another one of those, I heard this from a man in a bar stories.

I am sure that if Immigration were going to set up some sort of official contact media for reporting illegal activities, they would not use an open source social networking site like facebook

Yes, I heard it from someone, And that is why I posted here to find out if there was any validity regarding the rumor.

I'm not into Face book but can't you send a pm to the account holder?

As Winston Churchill once said " There are a terrible lot of lies about the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true"

I wonder whether visa abuse is why you now need to show a transaction in your bank book on the day of your visa application? How is it possible to get 1 year visa without a bank deposit? I've seen ads to that effect. Are they legit?

Show guaranteed income of 65.000 baht a month for single person. Less if married.. Have it verified by your Embassy or consulate. Piece of cake.

I don't think the flyers posted on lamposts around Thapae/ Loi Kroh are targeting people with 65,000b pensions somehow. Isn't it only Americans that can get away with just swearing on oath at the consulate?

Just to clarify what happened to me and a few others recently, that certainly involved a new requirement. My account was untouched for a few months (which was normally the case) and my letter from the bank verified that balance from a few months previous. I assume that at my bank if you haven't had any transactions then there is nothing to update so nothing gets printed. So, my balance and the letter from the bank were exactly the same and normally that was okay. This time, however, the woman serving was almost apologising for the new requirement of seeing a transaction on the same day as the bank letter. It was no big deal, she took all my other paperwork, I went off to the bank and deposited 1,000 baht and copied the last page, and then I went back and gave it to the woman. A French guy on the desk next to me was being told the same thing, and I helped to explain it to him. It was explained to me as being a new requirement from the new boss. I can only assume that the new requirement was as a result of some kind of scam that they had become aware of. The money having to be in the account for 90 days came about because in the old days guys were borrowing it for a couple of days and then taking it out again, so I think it's fair to say that this new requirement is probably for a similar reason.

Not to give them any ideas but the time may come when they start offering a "reward" to people who turn in abusers. People working without a proper work permit, illegal businesses etc......perhaps they will offer any one turning in an abuser a "free" one year extension. Possible?

I wonder whether visa abuse is why you now need to show a transaction in your bank book on the day of your visa application? How is it possible to get 1 year visa without a bank deposit? I've seen ads to that effect. Are they legit?

Show guaranteed income of 65.000 baht a month for single person. Less if married.. Have it verified by your Embassy or consulate. Piece of cake.

I don't think the flyers posted on lamposts around Thapae/ Loi Kroh are targeting people with 65,000b pensions somehow. Isn't it only Americans that can get away with just swearing on oath at the consulate?

Just to clarify what happened to me and a few others recently, that certainly involved a new requirement. My account was untouched for a few months (which was normally the case) and my letter from the bank verified that balance from a few months previous. I assume that at my bank if you haven't had any transactions then there is nothing to update so nothing gets printed. So, my balance and the letter from the bank were exactly the same and normally that was okay. This time, however, the woman serving was almost apologising for the new requirement of seeing a transaction on the same day as the bank letter. It was no big deal, she took all my other paperwork, I went off to the bank and deposited 1,000 baht and copied the last page, and then I went back and gave it to the woman. A French guy on the desk next to me was being told the same thing, and I helped to explain it to him. It was explained to me as being a new requirement from the new boss. I can only assume that the new requirement was as a result of some kind of scam that they had become aware of. The money having to be in the account for 90 days came about because in the old days guys were borrowing it for a couple of days and then taking it out again, so I think it's fair to say that this new requirement is probably for a similar reason.

I have never heard of the immigration office in Nong Khai accepting an application for extension based on either marriage or retirement where the money and passbook UPDATE were not from within the same (or previous day) as the application. So do not believe it is a new requirement. However in the past few years the immigration department have been asking people WHY there have been no transactions on the account in the past 3 to 4 months. Questions like What do you live on? Where is the source of your income? Are you working?

You can get a bank book updated without depositing or withdrawing money from the ADM machines or in person. It will show the latest balance and in conjunction with the letter from the Bank Manager verifying the amount is sufficient (talking NK) usually.

Not to give them any ideas but the time may come when they start offering a "reward" to people who turn in abusers. People working without a proper work permit, illegal businesses etc......perhaps they will offer any one turning in an abuser a "free" one year extension. Possible?

It's certainly possible that they might offer rewards for people who turn in others and there will be lots of people who gladly do it.......but what will we be left with.......a load of scumbags?. I never liked snitches at school, throughout my working life.....and I still don't!

• Like 1

Yes to the best of my knowledge it is only the Americans that can get away with swearing an oath. I haven't seen the flyers been posted so I have no knowledge of what they say.

If I was to have that much money laying around here in Thailand would I not be able to go in to the bank the day before and get my letter and have my bank book updated. Or would I have to do as you did and deposit or take some out just to show it is an active account.

Would a joint account do that way if I kicked off first the wife would have access to it.

Sounds to me to be as useful as the bar codes.

Would a joint account do that way if I kicked off first the wife would have access to it.

hellodolly, Joint accounts not allowed but you can name a beneficiary on the account at the bank.

Edited by mania

You need to have your passbook updated if using the lump sum for extension requirements. It must show that the required amount has been in there 3 months or 2 months for new applications. This is usually done the day before (in my case), but others have said a weeks grace is allowed. I err on the side of caution when it comes to immigration.

I also do the bank-passbook the day before the application, but 7 days prior to application are acceptable.

I hope Immigration have a section where its clients can air their views.

I was amazed to read that only 10 Certificates of Residency are being signed per day, and they were all signed by the Director of Immigration.

hellodolly, Joint accounts not allowed but you can name a beneficiary on the account at the bank.

Thank you I didn't know that. Great idea.

You need to have your passbook updated if using the lump sum for extension requirements. It must show that the required amount has been in there 3 months or 2 months for new applications. This is usually done the day before (in my case), but others have said a weeks grace is allowed. I err on the side of caution when it comes to immigration.

I also do the bank-passbook the day before the application, but 7 days prior to application are acceptable.

Yes I agree PSC, but I used the day before as the example least likely to give any hassle. I have updated my book on a Friday with a following Tuesday appointment. smile.png

I think Bangkok Bank apply the 24 hour freeze, because years ago it did in fact have to be the same day.

Edited by uptheos

I was amazed to read that only 10 Certificates of Residency are being signed per day, and they were all signed by the Director of Immigration.

I'm sure they will love to hear your complaint, along with your name, address and passport number.

• Like 1

Geez only 100,000 Baht a month.....peanuts. biggrin.png

Yes to the best of my knowledge it is only the Americans that can get away with swearing an oath. I haven't seen the flyers been posted so I have no knowledge of what they say.

If I was to have that much money laying around here in Thailand would I not be able to go in to the bank the day before and get my letter and have my bank book updated. Or would I have to do as you did and deposit or take some out just to show it is an active account.

Sounds to me to be as useful as the bar codes.

Get your bank book updated the same time as the letter. Manager or designate updates the book and writes exactly the same amount on the letter. It it's 800,097 in the updated book, then that's what is on the letter. If it's 799,097 that too. sad.png

Geez only 100,000 Baht a month.....peanuts. biggrin.png

I think the Director is in BKK, is he not? If so, then CM is being bypassed.