How much to build the basics of a house, roof, bricks etc...

Im looking to build a 3 bed bungalow 100sqm but i only want to borrow the amount to build the framework .. I want to build the house basically without the price of kitchen and bathroom facilities included.. I see others building houses and giving a total of the cost including kitchen, bathroom and everything else.. I know its not easy to give a correct figure but a rough guide would be ok... Im not looking to build super expensive just the average costs for building materials....

Thanks....

Like sscsamui said it depends where you live. We live in the Cha Am/Hua Hin area. Built our 143 sq mtr 3bedrm 2bath really beautiful home,with all windows doors bathrooms complete, kitchen complete, etc etc. I mean ready to move furniture in and start livin' (which we did) for 1 million baht, So I'm guesstimating 300,000 baht (10,000 USD) for the project you described

I would go with the 100,000 figure. My house last year. dirt set 20,000. steel for roof 20,000, cement for posts and floor---- not sure, my guess, 20,000. It seemed to remember everything I bought always came out to 20,000. Upcountry 10M X 10M

• Like 1

I would go with the 100,000 figure. My house last year. dirt set 20,000. steel for roof 20,000, cement for posts and floor---- not sure, my guess, 20,000. It seemed to remember everything I bought always came out to 20,000. Upcountry 10M X 10M

Id agree this figure would be close. Theres also the cost of dirt for levelling land. 10x10 is a cozy little place. If you allowed around $1000aus for each stage, that would be close.

Like sscsamui said it depends where you live. We live in the Cha Am/Hua Hin area. Built our 143 sq mtr 3bedrm 2bath really beautiful home,with all windows doors bathrooms complete, kitchen complete, etc etc. I mean ready to move furniture in and start livin' (which we did) for 1 million baht, So I'm guesstimating 300,000 baht (10,000 USD) for the project you described

Was this recently built? this figures, to me, seem surprisingly low.

You guys are saying about 100,00 baht for a 10 X 10 sm shell, no windows, bath, kitchen? Sounds good to me, I mean cheap! I'm preparing to give about 700K baht for a village house to be built, that's without the land, she already has that, of course! lol - hey this is a real good thread, thanks - SS

Edited by SunSeek01

The cost of the framework for my house 80 sqm was:

stones, cement, posts, iron : 52.000 (used a lot of expensive iron)

roof : 81.000 ( used first quality wood)

worker: 34.000 ( 4 men at 280 - 300 /man-day)

That includes floors and ceiling.

I supervised the construction from start till finish - and it was necessary .

I doubt if your project can be done for 100.000, I would think more like 150.000 to be on the safe side.

Good luck .

The dirt to raise the land has already been raised .. I was thinking maybe 600k baht to build the framework of the house including electrics, floors cemented, roof , windows etc.. Sounds like it can be done on that figure so thanks everyone..

The house I built is in Surin , so same area as Buriram.

The 80 sqm completly finisched, painted, ready to move in including marble balcony, marble western kitchen , western bathroom costs me 400.000.

So you will get far with 600.000.

• Like 1

The real key is to find someone you trust to do the buying. wife's brother or father are good choices (usually). Male. Did a lot of the grunt work along with the help. Moving cubics of dirt and sand fill the forms with those rubber hand trucks. Digging the 1M x 1 M holes a meter deep with those 3 inch Thai shovels. But as I said the key is getting a good price on materials, Labor is cheap, but the price of carrots goes up when they see a farang.

Also my place was built about a year ago. There was a lot of building going on then but not as much as now. I see some prices are lower since when I built, there was a shortage due to the floods (example, I used Smartblock, price then about 25 baht each, now around 20). I think labor and anything heavy that has to be transported would be up..

• Like 1

The dirt to raise the land has already been raised .. I was thinking maybe 600k baht to build the framework of the house including electrics, floors cemented, roof , windows etc.. Sounds like it can be done on that figure so thanks everyone..

I done a bit building myself over the years and can assure you 600k is plenty for what you describe. Just supervise the built and you can have something really nice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Ok thanks to everybody for easing my fears and its now nice to know that the. 600k will be enough.. The other expenses such as kitchen , bathroom etc ill be paying out of my own pocket.. Thanks for all the great input, this is why I like this forum as everybody helps everybody and nobody bitches..

Just a note on house size; three bedrooms and the usual two baths requires approx 125 square meters of indoor space at the minimum.

Then, outdoor covered (under roof & with floor) areas such as entry porches, wet/Thai kitchens, carports & terraces are in addition to that and the only thing missing from the cost of building interior space is the block & render - so don't scrimp on your budget for these often overlooked areas.

It all adds up, and you don't want to be surprised mid-effort.

You guys are saying about 100,00 baht for a 10 X 10 sm shell, no windows, bath, kitchen? Sounds good to me, I mean cheap! I'm preparing to give about 700K baht for a village house to be built, that's without the land, she already has that, of course! lol - hey this is a real good thread, thanks - SS

Since I uploaded to another topic I will upload here. Finished price 700,000. 2 bedroom. 1 western bath, small kitchen

Nice looking place.

I live in a village just outside Buriram so hopefully the cost will be less than a big city.. Thanks guys..

The material costs will be the same anywhere in rural, mainland Thailand, subject to your negotiation skills if not buying from a big chain building supply store.

As for labor cost, if you do it day-laborer versus a general contractor, you should budget around THB 300 per day as an average. Skilled workers are higher these days. If you figure around six guys at four months, that will get your shell done.

Depends on all variables. Building it yourself and hiring help, Over seeing workers who do most of the work, contractor with crew. Sometimes the increased cost of a contractor makes up for the fact that they generally can finish quickly. Don't see how a one floor house of that size would take a professional crew more than 2 months. whereas you doing it yourself might take 4-6 if you are not experienced and know how to keep a group of workers.

Need to get someone to dig your foundation holes, that will be about 5-10k for a day renting the backhoe, roughly the cost of the foundation using Thai post and beam methods 30-40kbaht for cement and rebar. But you need to provide your own frames which are costly, so sometimes just cheaper to hire a crew to do it for you. Roughly 25 cubic meters of cement for foundation.

Columns depending on your layout but assume that you will use about 10-12 using 2hune and 4 hune rebar frames 20cm apart will cost about 8k baht, then another couple of cubic meters of cement, this you can probably mix by hand.

I use the larger red brick for walls, Again depends on layout of interior walls, but if you have about 60 linear meters of walls at average room height would take about 30K bricks at roughly 80 satang each. 24,000 baht, then you will need mortar, and you will also need to pour another cement layer with reinforced rebar at the base of window lvl. Then you will need to plaster the walls. Figure another 20k baht in cement and fine grain sand.

Plumbing, if you lay it out yourself and don't have to tear down walls to redo it, should cost about 3-4k in pvc,

Electrical about 4-5k for a crew to layout wires and install outlets, breakers etc. Cost of wiring, lighting etc would be about 10k.

The roof contract that out professionally, would be around 100-120k including materials.

A totally do it yourself job might cost you less than 250k baht for bare bones without tile and hiring 3-4 guys that are loyal and good. But as said will take anywhere from 4 month -6months 10 hours a day 6-7 days a week.

Hiring a good and honest contractor to build for you will be less than 800k including tile work and finished flooring but should only take a few months.

• Like 1