Lite Beer

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, I feel really bad for him.

I've woken up to some horrific memories of the previous nights drunken antics but shooting 5 bullets into a restaurant and being charged with attempted murder?

Yikes! Now THAT'S a bad hangover!

Consider yourself, or a member of your family as one of the people, innocent bystanders, who were shot.

Then reconsider the drivel you have just written. If you consider that this is acceptable behavior for someone because they are drunk, then, IMHO, you need to find a dark corner somewhere and have a serious conversation with yourself.

Your post may have been sent in jest, but I am sure I am not the only reader who knows the stress and trauma that follows incidents like this.

Just sayin'.......................sad.png

Don't bother.

Like Phuket, I wonder if the chief of police will consider charges against The Nation for publicizing a story negative to the image of Chiang Mai.

Probably they will find proof that the waitress and her boyfriend was insulting the student, case closed.coffee1.gif

Edited by bander

More like the wild West every day, it seems.

.....it's got a long way to go before even coming close to the savage society that modern day America has become.

apparently your not aware that Thailand's per capita gun death rate has been quite a bit higher than USA's rate.

is it?

More like the wild West every day, it seems.

.....it's got a long way to go before even coming close to the savage society that modern day America has become.

apparently your not aware that Thailand's per capita gun death rate has been quite a bit higher than USA's rate.

is it?

highest rate of gun homicide in Asia

http://asiancorrespondent.com/91115/homicide-rate-in-thailand-is-violence-on-the-rise-since-the-2006-coup/

good news as according to this article is that Thailands rate has been going down. In the past it has been as high as top 5 countries for gun deaths.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Police said Mr Don confessed that he fired five shots from a 9mm handgun in a busy restaurant on Nimanhemin Road at about midnight.

How one can get gun very easily? There is no gun control in Thailand?

They found one spent bullet in front of the house and another spent bullet inside the car near the driver's seat.

So someone shot at him?

He was probably shooting from the safety of his car.

Based on the poor reporting here, "spent bullet" probably refers (mistakenly) to an empty shell.

Reminds me of the way folks often call a wheel a tire.

What is being said about Thais could probably be said about anyone on the planet.

One thing for sure.

What is stronger than "Loss of Face", is the overwhelming level of "Generalization" & "Passing Judgment" from these pages.

+1

Good reply, Rocky.

All aspects of Thai attitudes likely here, he probably would have opened fire if someone had flirted with his girlfriend and if she was at at fault he could have taken a page from a certain gentleman's book and re-arranged her face before considering defamation proceedings if she reported it.

I suppose he didn't have a large group of friends around to help take care of the foreigner so he went home to get his trusty " peacemaker ' and shot up a restaurant containing non-Thais.

Great material for TAT.

Crimes of passion are the most notorious in the world. Nothing at all is uniquely Thai about this incident. Your post is not only an example of aggressive ignorance but it also is malignant and revolting.

• Like 2

Police said Mr Don confessed that he fired five shots from a 9mm handgun in a busy restaurant on Nimanhemin Road at about midnight.

How one can get gun very easily? There is no gun control in Thailand?

40,000 to 100,000 will sort it.

Roughly the same for a hired gun.

• Like 1

Loss of face = cultural defect.

Yep. Probably raised by a wealthy family which in Thailand translates into getting everything he wants since infancy, i.e. spoiled all to Hell. So when he is out in the real world (without mommy's tit and daddy's wallet) and doesn't receive that to which he's been bred to believe he is entitled, he reacts like a little boy. When are 'hi so' ignorantly doting parents ever going to learn?

Children of wealthy families in many other countries often exhibit the same symptoms, do they not?

No single nationality has a monopoly on human faults. I doubt your country is any different.

• Like 1

Can someone make a youtube video of this one too? More international advertising for Thailand's tourism industry is needed this week. People were beginning to worry that it was only the Russian's who could look forward to being involved with gun violence in Thailand.

• Like 1

They have to be kidding and in Chiang mai raced into the food joint shot 3 people over a Thai girl!!! - oh come on''' if you run short on girlfriends , that's an easy fix just lean out the door and whistle for another one lol ''problem solved'' - hardy worth doing 20 years in the jug over a girl in a restaurant ))) - things must have changed???? I lived their for ages, the only time I ever seen a Thai guy show any interest in Thai girl ))) it was because he wanted to scam 500 baht out of her lol

But doing the ''ok corral '' thing over a Thai girl ,, I must be missing something? - either she was the richest bird in town, or the best sex in the city ---or both))) lol lol

Can someone make a youtube video of this one too? More international advertising for Thailand's tourism industry is needed this week. People were beginning to worry that it was only the Russian's who could look forward to being involved with gun violence in Thailand.

Russians are ok, if left to their own devices - don't poke the lion in the eye, and you won't get bitten tis fact !

Lead fillings are certainly more dangerous than the silver/mercury type. I suppose the fact that this waitress had rejected him for a much worthier farang left a bad taste in his mouth. It would be wise to post his picture, should he ever graduate and actually practice dentistry in Chiang Mai. He may have an itchy trigger finger on his drill, as well. I wonder..do you think it wiser to visit female dentists while in Thailand? Perhaps there is some hidden aggression in Thai males who are unable to get their drills properly lubricated.

yet maybe another untouchable.... max 1 month jail and later can continue his special extra doctor 6 year dentistry course which upon graduate and working can buy more gun to shoot people ..totally... psycho..

No, just a Thai who may be able to act without accountability.

Or just a Thai with the standard response to rejection and losing to a foreigner.

Remember the Western guy murdered in Spicy in BKK about a month ago. The Thai was about to lose the fight so had to resort to pulling out his gun and shooting him (and two others) as a 'last resort' because he was about to lose, as he was reported as using as his defense.

What a people. sad.png

Mate the Thais need to account of the whole situation you know , they should be grateful that westerner's are their ''looking after their interests '' where they can not eh ! If westerners were filling my country up with wealth and prosperity,( and I had zero ) id be arriving to them ''cap in hand ''

Take all the westerners out of Thailand & what they contribute - Thailand would be back to pre 1910 Siam overnight! Thais for some reason that escapes me, appear to have ''no thank you about them '' sad case of affairs really!!!

Men who bring the bux and splash on girls/ whatever !!! so the Thai breaks out in Jealousy???? --hey))) beggar cant be a chooser & and you can't have your cake and eat it too !

The 'fair go policy'' has got to come and play in the middle their someplace ----one would assume!

The main real crime has been missed here. How did a mentally unstable person like this "student" get a gun. Who provided the gun? Why isn't the gun provider under investigation.

The plot thickens. Did the gun come from a police source? If it was a police issue gun I expect there will be no action against the officer who supplied the gun.

How many people in Thailand have illegal weapons and why are they not investigated as soon as it becomes known?

.....Thais have become expert liars.....ready with an excuse or justification....when caught in the wrong.......from early childhood.....

......and her boyfriend, who is a foreigner, later assaulted him........

(....he is the perpetrator....he was rejected....nobody had reason to assault him.....)

.....and what would random firing in a crowded restaurant accomplish in this regard, anyway...)

Lead fillings are certainly more dangerous than the silver/mercury type. I suppose the fact that this waitress had rejected him for a much worthier farang left a bad taste in his mouth. It would be wise to post his picture, should he ever graduate and actually practice dentistry in Chiang Mai. He may have an itchy trigger finger on his drill, as well. I wonder..do you think it wiser to visit female dentists while in Thailand? Perhaps there is some hidden aggression in Thai males who are unable to get their drills properly lubricated.

Well yes they can't dip the wick - so lets shoot some poor bugger than can ??? -------there is a screw loose someplace eh!

In developed countries, perpertrators of drive by shootings, any shootings receive a lengthy prison sentence. If the Thai authorities want to reduce the gun crimes committed in Thailand, would they not better impose heavier sentences. A minimum 10 year sentence might've made DR. Fang think twice before he reached for his gun.

I doubt it. the laws and punishment hardly deter crimes even in develope countries. Tough laws only scares the people that would not break the law in the first place. I would have to say that the biggest obstacle for the Thai's in general to get passed is the "Loss of face" issue. I don't worry about that myself because I lost my face here long ago:-)

LEMON, what's the fine their at present for a Thai shooting ''Joe westerner ?? not a lot id imagine? maybe nothing that 10,000 baht greased into the correct palm, could not fix lol

I love a place where you can buy anything, including the wonderful justice system ( didn't Capone say that lol )

And once again, Thailand is named TOP WORLD DESTINATION for tourists! Do people have a death wish or what?

Its a lovely place , if you can eradicate the Thai jealousy !!!! problem there is Thais don't know when they are on a good thing ! '''got to look after the westerner'' -- not kill the goose that lays the golden egg !

Remind me not to go to him to have my wisdom teeth pulled.

Just wondering like.

Do they have wisdom teeth here? or dumb teeth.

Another little spoilt brat whose mommy and daddy probably treated him like a little prince and gave into to everyone of his little tantrums so he thinks he can do anything he wants and get away with it.

Probably will get away with it depending how rich mommy and daddy are.

Just a typical male attitude here.

• Like 1

The main real crime has been missed here. How did a mentally unstable person like this "student" get a gun. Who provided the gun? Why isn't the gun provider under investigation.

The plot thickens. Did the gun come from a police source? If it was a police issue gun I expect there will be no action against the officer who supplied the gun.

How many people in Thailand have illegal weapons and why are they not investigated as soon as it becomes known?

There are lots of guns in circulation in Thailand old and new they actually share guns so if they think they need a gun they can borrow one from someone i have seen this myself .

Shocking.