Ninja 300 for 2014?

mania

Lots of chatter on the Thai ninja sites claiming for 2014 Ninja 300 will be sold here.

But it was also said in April it will be released in India for 2014 at a price of 4 lakh

which I believe is 400k rupees or equal to 210,000 baht.

Do bikes in India usually sell for less or more than Thailand?

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/kawasaki-ninja-300-launch-in-india-on-april-10/1/260882.html

I'm not sure how they could sell at that price here as it is getting too close to

bigger bikes prices.

We Will See rolleyes.gif

Edited by mania

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hope to see ninja 300 here mania. they have to release it instead of 250 long time ago. it is shame for them to release 250 here just for cutting the costs and they sell ninja 250 more expensive than ninja 300 in usa!

if the bike is made in india, it costs significantly cheaper.

for example, cbr250r is around 1.5 lakh rupees which is around 78k thb. 1 lakh means 100.000 rupees.

but ninja 250r - not made in india - costs around 3 lakh which makes it slightly expensive than Thailand at 166k thb.

so i think you might expect the price in india for thailand.

so Mania, if you now what 'lakh' means i assume you have been in India.

ktm duke 390 is the best value in India for money now for around 100.000 thb there! if i go there i will get it.

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

Great news if its true, could also be an indication that they are retaliating to Hondas supposed plan to produce a CBR 300.

Or Honda is retaliating to Kawasaki's plan to release a Ninja 300 in Thailand.

Either way win win situation for Thailand.

they sell ninja 250 more expensive than ninja 300 in usa!

Ahh, Thailand. How I love thee.

kawasaki was the only player for many years in the 250cc class. . They could charge whatever they wanted and even after the 250 cc's should have become cheaper because of changing tax law they did not lower the prices.

Will they release the ninja 300 ? maybe but it has to come it a lower price then the Honda 500's of course, That will be the day.......since the 300 cc will be in a higher tax category then the current 250 and that one is already 162.500 baht.

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

They will be a year too late. Very tough to compete with the cbr500 now given that they are selling the 250 for 162,500.

I am a big Kawi fan, but releasing the 250 here instead of the 300 was a BS move IMO.

I think the reason Kawa stuck with the 250s is because of the tax laws. I don't think they'll release the 300 here for that reason, otherwise they would have done it this year. Maybe in 2-3 years. ABS for the 250 would be nice though.

I think the reason Kawa stuck with the 250s is because of the tax laws. I don't think they'll release the 300 here for that reason, otherwise they would have done it this year. Maybe in 2-3 years. ABS for the 250 would be nice though.

The question is where else are they selling the 250 besides thailand? If no where then its just a matter of time before they discontinue production.

The question is where else are they selling the 250 besides thailand? If no where then its just a matter of time before they discontinue production.

I know for sure they sell the 250 in Indonesia and Malaysia. I believe Indonesia is the no1 seller of the ninja in the world. So just from what countries I know have it, that's like a 300,000,000 - 400,000,000 market population.

I know for sure they sell the 250 in Indonesia and Malaysia. I believe Indonesia is the no1 seller of the ninja in the world. So just from what countries I know have it, that's like a 300,000,000 - 400,000,000 market population.

I would be interested to know sales as income in these countries is probably $250 a month.

I would be interested to know sales as income in these countries is probably $250 a month

Monthly payments are the magic words, not only in Thailand but almost everywhere these days.

Edited by pokerkid

Sorry slow response as I was up country with no internet.

LL...I had to look Lakh up as I have never heard it or been to India

I agree with most here that it is a tough call in many ways.

Mainly the tax for being a larger bike would bite & I do not see

how they could keep the price under the Honda 500 now

Unless it is a direct replacement deal but I dont see how & it would piss off current owners

of the 250 as they would see resale value drop

I have been noticing many parts houses now selling top ends for the 300

but it would cost 30k baht & I am not sure if I added in the crank on that or if it is even needed.

Have not looked at the exact way they increased the stroke 7.8mm

I do believe cases etc are all the same & the slipper clutch is not a have to have

But that may be an option for folks at some point to mod their 250's if they were inclined that way

I think the main chatter now on the Thai websites is based in folks wondering if they should buy or wait now.

I did write Kawasaki Thailand in December 2012 asking if & when they would release a 300 here

At the time they told me no less than 2 year model 2013-2014 but of course that does not mean anything wink.png

Edited by mania

• 5 weeks later...

Heheh thanks Pastafarian I forgot all about this thread I started & posted the info

earlier today with some colors here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/574558-2013-kawasaki-ninjette-250-breaks-cover/page-23#entry6644095

Sorry, was so excited I didn't check the 250 thread!

No you picked the right one & I forgot & posted in the wrong one. :)

But yes many are excited & I hear the que is quickly filling up already

I have read some of the colors is at 50+ units reserved already

There is a "torrent for the 2013 Ninja 300 Shop Manual". Just google if interested. It includes a "Motorcycle Assembly & Preparation Manual", so you are able to check whether your bike set up is OK when getting it in 2014 smile.png

2014 comes early... Launch party already was a few days ago and before this weekend you will see the Kawasaki Ninja 300 in your Kawa dealer.... I just wrote a review about the new Ninja 300 and I have to say I'm impressed...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Not bad for a 300cc iam still keeping my deposit on the duke 390 thou

That is actually the mid sized bike that is interesting me the most these days wink.png

Did they give you a idea on sales price yet?

Thanks

Wow I found this review of the Ninja 300 in Thailand http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/New-Kawasaki-Ninja-300_Serious-Improve

Yes & from that review the reason I kind of felt they killed the Ninja spirit & dumbing it down for the commuters

Kawasaki seems to have recognized that the extremely peak power delivery of the old 250cc was a bit of a turn-off for some, as the extra 47cc have been attained via a 7.8mm elongation of the piston strokes, which now measure 49mm instead of 41.2mm. This adds a lot more leverage, so the crankshaft now spins more readily, and a relaxed, effortless engine persona is the result. IT also means that short-shifts are firmly on the riding menu,

Bit of a turn off? It is what made the small ninja a ninja smile.png

If they wanted a "relaxed engine persona" they can buy a squared Honda

Dont get me wrong the increased displacement & the slipper clutch, larger throttle bodies are great

But they should have achieved the displacement increase thru bore & stroke not just stroke.

& forget ABS on a small light bike...Or do as KTM & give you the option of turning it off.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Not bad for a 300cc iam still keeping my deposit on the duke 390 thou

That is actually the mid sized bike that is interesting me the most these days wink.png

Did they give you a idea on sales price yet?

Thanks

Nope but I don't care you know how fast things can change here first they tell you no idea of its release and literally a day after its available... Then you are in a queue again. Not this time; ill be the first for sure :)

Yes you can disable the ABS on the Duke 390

Edited by Hili
  • Like 1

I wonder if it was planned for Thailand all along, but they decided to fully focus on supplying primary markets (US, EU, Aus) first, so there was no shortage of bikes of parts in them for the first year or so.

I think Honda learned a lesson with the 250 and 500 series, with customers in primary markets left waiting and unsure of delivery and parts.

Kawa played it right I think. Fully supply and focus on the markets that matter most, then after a year start taking care of secondary markets instead of trying to take care of all at once and have customers lose brand confidence.

Edited by Salapoo