International/EP schools in Khon Kaen

patongphil

Anyone have any personal information regarding suitability/ standard of education regarding the various schools in KKC for a soon to be 3 year old Luke Krueng? Interested in feedback on KKVS, KKIS, Mataneedol, Patanadek, NEBS and any others I am unaware of?

Thanks in advance.

Our daughter (4yrs old) is going to Mataneedol. We found KKVS isn't setup as well for younger children. It is the same pay as KKVS for the age group and Mataneedol is better on all fronts than KKVS. That said, Mataneedol only goes up to Grade 6 and then we will have to look for another school. We really liked the fact that it has CCTV to see what is happening in the classroom. Also like the parent fingerprint scanning for child pickup, staff nurses that will administer your medicine of choice (even homeopathics), forehead temperature fever scanning on drop off and positively promoted hand washing basins at the entrance/exit to the school.

KKIS is apparently teaching the Australian curriculum with Aussie teachers but it is (hear say) 140K baht per term (2 terms) as opposed to Mateendol and KKVS at 60K baht per term (2 terms).

If I had to guess I would say 15% of the students are from mixed racial marriages.

Every school will tell you that their teachers are authentic with previous work experience in their home country. It's bunk (maybe KKIS will be the exception?). They're TEFL teachers. Doesn't concern me much as I don't believe you need a teaching degree to teach youngsters. I'll take a fun, intelligent and energetic TEFL teacher over a teacher with a teaching degree and previous experience who can't speak English properly any year.

Our daughter (4yrs old) is going to Mataneedol. We found KKVS isn't setup as well for younger children. It is the same pay as KKVS for the age group and Mataneedol is better on all fronts than KKVS. That said, Mataneedol only goes up to Grade 6 and then we will have to look for another school. We really liked the fact that it has CCTV to see what is happening in the classroom. Also like the parent fingerprint scanning for child pickup, staff nurses that will administer your medicine of choice (even homeopathics), forehead temperature fever scanning on drop off and positively promoted hand washing basins at the entrance/exit to the school.

KKIS is apparently teaching the Australian curriculum with Aussie teachers but it is (hear say) 140K baht per term (2 terms) as opposed to Mateendol and KKVS at 60K baht per term (2 terms).

If I had to guess I would say 15% of the students are from mixed racial marriages.

Every school will tell you that their teachers are authentic with previous work experience in their home country. It's bunk (maybe KKIS will be the exception?). They're TEFL teachers. Doesn't concern me much as I don't believe you need a teaching degree to teach youngsters. I'll take a fun, intelligent and energetic TEFL teacher over a teacher with a teaching degree and previous experience who can't speak English properly any year.

I see that KKIS is actually not even open yet. From their web site fees per annum are around 70,000 baht with a few extras on first registration etc which bring it up to 150,000 PA for first time registrations.

Cannot see how they will be able to employ only authentic teachers at such low fees but only time will tell.

^^^^

My informant was misinformed. We stopped by KKIS today and it is a joke. It is a tiny school of cheap construction. I have no idea how they think they are worth the high prices. And here I thought Mataneedol was going to be forced out of business. Lol, not a chance.

Patanadek excellent. Kkvs is overrated.

Can you expand on why you think Patanadek is excellent? I agree about KKVS .

Has practical balance been kids learning Thai and English. Quite well disciplined. Well focused. Good atmosphere, happy kids. Pm me if you need more info.