Swift from Nationwide Uk to Thai bank

I use them nearly every month, has always hit my account the following morning.

Thanks oldgit.i undrstand Nationwide charge is £25..can you tell me approx what the thai bank charges and do they convert to thai baht on arrival..thanks again..

Yes Nationwide charge £25, the Thai bank charges .25% to receive it with a minimum of 200 Baht and a max of 500.

And yes make sure you send GBP's it will be converted to Baht on arrival.

Correct ,always get the money next day ,no problems.

Why not use these guys GCEN . They are FSA registered. Give you better rates than the interbank rate. And are FREE FREE FREE. Use code 1651 0100 from Thailand.

They will even call you back. Register online and send an online ute bill and copy of passport and you're good to go! Make a free bacs transfer to their segregated customer account and they send over to your nominated thai bank account.

Why give the banks more of your money

Yes Nationwide charge £25, the Thai bank charges .25% to receive it with a minimum of 200 Baht and a max of 500.

And yes make sure you send GBP's it will be converted to Baht on arrival.

This 0.25% 200-500 is what most thai banks quote but i have always found it to be more. They don't detail the make up of these charges so it's hard to check. I've just done a big transfer and the charges were well over 1,000 baht.