Ecuador 'analysing' Snowden asylum request: FM

webfact

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I was reading your post and I was thinking " blah, blah, blah, bullshit, blah, blah, blah" and then that Nobel Peace Prize thing came up. Then I got to thinking, who might deserve a Nobel Peace Prize more, assuming either did, a war mongering president with the blood of 10's of thousands of people who were no threat to his country, on his hands, or some computer geek that reminded Americans of the values their country was founded on. Namely, avoiding foreign intrigues and war. I'm voting for the kid.

Our founding fathers executed traitors ... coffee1.gif You mean those values?

I do mean those values and I made a brilliant post to that affect, which was removed. I still believe in those values though, but I think you're getting way ahead of yourself. Much as I agree with you, wouldn't an impeachment come before an execution?

• Like 2

Dream on, however you sprechen that in Deutsch ...

Every action of this kind increases Snowden's chances for a country where democracy is still alive. Preferably Switzerland, which has a German, French and Italian part. All of them are in favor of Snowden.

Dream on, however you sprechen that in Deutsch ...

Every action of this kind increases Snowden's chances for a country where democracy is still alive. Preferably Switzerland, which has a German, French and Italian part. All of them are in favor of Snowden.

You could do a helluva lot worse than being in exile in a little villa outside Locarno.

This has been reported in the Thailand live updates:

RT @BreakingNews: Snowden withdrew asylum request to Russia when President Putin said he should give up anti-American activity - @Reuters

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/650595-thailand-live-tuesday-2-jul-2013/?p=6569177

Russia not anti-American enough for Snowden? The plot sickens.

• Like 1

This Snowden story is confusing for American tea party types: do they dislike Obama more than they dislike Americans intentionally harming American security?

American Security?

More like American citizens rights to privacy

Actually as it unfolds more like anyone in the world right to privacy

Security? No way not one utterance of anything resembling strategic information

that could weaken security

Your right about dislike of Obama though especially now.

But hey who knew "Yes We Can" meant this ?

Edited by mania

RT @BreakingNews: Snowden withdrew asylum request to Russia when President Putin said he should give up anti-American activity - @Reuters

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/650595-thailand-live-tuesday-2-jul-2013/?p=6569177

Snowden gets braver and cockier by the minute.

Correction, that should say brazen, not brave.

• Like 1

I knew Putin wasn't anti-American. He's not a member of ThaiVisa. tongue.png

The most rabid anti-Americans are Americans. They are pro government, pro establishment, anti citizen Americans. Pro corporate bailouts, pro bankster thieves, pro lobbyists, pro war with whomever. Most don't pay any taxes. Most of them couldn't recite the Bill of Rights but they can tell you what channel Fox news or MSNBC is on for any cable system.

• Like 2

Snowden gets braver and cockier by the minute.

Correction, that should say brazen, not brave.

Crash and burn comes to mind.

This Snowden story is confusing for American tea party types: do they dislike Obama more than they dislike Americans intentionally harming American security?

Don't really follow politics, but aren't the Tea Partymostly concerned with domestic politics?. For sure they're not going to like all the unconstitutional stuff and of course being the target of a government witch Hunt by means of the IRS.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1

I knew Putin wasn't anti-American. He's not a member of ThaiVisa. :P

The most rabid anti-Americans are Americans. They are pro government, pro establishment, anti citizen Americans. Pro corporate bailouts, pro bankster thieves, pro lobbyists, pro war with whomever. Most don't pay any taxes. Most of them couldn't recite the Bill of Rights but they can tell you what channel Fox news or MSNBC is on for any cable system.

and your position on this slippery scale is?

yes, it's headline almost everywhere.

Putin prefers the joint operation on FEMA camps in America (not exercise) ... reason enough to make such conditions ...

and your position on this slippery scale is?

Well. I love America, even with it's faults, which I'm always optimistic, can be rectified. I'm optimistic because I have children and they seem so much smarter and less craven, less sanguine, less materialistic than the generations that preceded them. For such young people they are able to take the long view and see there's something here worth hanging on to, and if we don't, then why have an America at all? They'll have 3 citizenships and still see America as the best option if the recent decay can be reversed. Of course they'll ditch it if the people you kneel to win, but we're really hoping that won't be the case.

One of my daughters wants to go to Stanford or Berkeley, so my wife made me move back here last year for a couple of years. Frankly, it's excruciating for me. Even though I don't watch TV you can't help but feel the cowardice in the population. They seem to believe whatever they see on Tv and they'll send their kids to die for any manufactured war. God, I feel sorry for them.

• Like 1

Take all those opposites you mangle and twist together in your post, put 'em in a big pot, add water and stir. It's a good thing you're the one person who can identify the recipe for all these contradictory and opposing groups and manage them. Give a heavy dose of Edward Snowden to the mix and presto - you have far right wing stew.

I'd posted after the first news report broke that I don't see the basis of a deal here. There are too many moving parts and not enough grease. Putin and Snowden create some serious friction between them.

One gets the feeling Snowden is in fact trapped in Russia. Putin doesn't want him but finds it useful to continue to have him around. Putin says he kicks nobody out of Russia. Simultaneously, Snowden is directly contradicting the supposed quid pro quo, i.e., stay in Russia but don't release any NSA info or documents. Snowden said just hours ago he'd release more NSA info and all.

This is not going well for either Putin or Snowden. Snowden seems only to listen to Assange, who lives in a broom closet in London.

I think if Snowden continues to contradict Putin, Putin may throw a tantrum to go ahead and kick Snowden out - to Syria.

"We have met the enemy and he is…" U.S. ? blink.png

• Like 1

I knew Putin wasn't anti-American. He's not a member of ThaiVisa. :P

Have you heard the joke about Mrs Obama (Dem) asking Clint Eastwood (Rep) to 'Make My Day'.........by doing a re-enactment of 'Do you feel lucky punk. Well do you?'

Take all those opposites you mangle and twist together in your post, put 'em in a big pot, add water and stir. It's a good thing you're the one person who can identify the recipe for all these contradictory and opposing groups and manage them. Give a heavy dose of Edward Snowden to the mix and presto - you have far right wing stew.

I'd posted after the first news report broke that I don't see the basis of a deal here. There are too many moving parts and not enough grease. Putin and Snowden create some serious friction between them.

One gets the feeling Snowden is in fact trapped in Russia. Putin doesn't want him but finds it useful to continue to have him around. Putin says he kicks nobody out of Russia. Simultaneously, Snowden is directly contradicting the supposed quid pro quo, i.e., stay in Russia but don't release any NSA info or documents. Snowden said just hours ago he'd release more NSA info and all.

This is not going well for either Putin or Snowden. Snowden seems only to listen to Assange, who lives in a broom closet in London.

I think if Snowden continues to contradict Putin, Putin may throw a tantrum to go ahead and kick Snowden out - to Syria.

What's interesting about your posts is, that you keep reminding people what you said, so they won't check to see what you said. I could have sworn you were saying Putin would have the secret police all over him draining all his notebooks. That's not what you're saying now. Now he's a nusiance. Maybe you're finally right. Who knows?

What's interesting about your posts is, that you keep reminding people what you said, so they won't check to see what you said. I could have sworn you were saying Putin would have the secret police all over him draining all his notebooks. That's not what you're saying now. Now he's a nusiance. Maybe you're finally right. Who knows?

nope, Putin plays the game par excellance. He knew that Snowden would not take this offer under that condition and that Snowden would be further character assassinated if he would chose Russia.

Putin also said that he can still stay there until a suitable country grants him asylum.

Obama's teams are preschool kids compared to Putin's teams when it comes to diplomatic language deciphering.

Edited by wealth

You surely don't know.

I said Putin, as with Beijing, got his use of Snowden by getting the NSA stuff from Snowden. What good is Snowden now?

*Edited*

Edited by Scott