Nattawut urging protesters not to wear Guy Fawkes masks to prevent confusion

webfact

BANGKOK, 25 June 2013 (NNT)-Deputy Commerce Minister Nattawut Saikua is urging the Guy Fawkes masked group to consider taking off their masks in their anti-government movement to avoid confusion with robbery at a 7-Eleven convenience store in which criminals were wearing the same mask.

Mr. Nattawut said he believed the recent robbery at 7-Eleven store by a group of thieves wearing Guy Fawkes masks has nothing to do with the Red Shirt members or the government as they have no reasons to defame the protesters.

However, he said the current political movement might give the criminals an idea to take advantage of this opportunity and use the masks in their robbery to draw the attention away from their true identities. He also believed the store robbers were not the real anti-government protesters either. He urged the group to remove the mask during their protest.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-06-25 footer_n.gif

White-masked men rob 7-11
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Two men in white masks robbed a 7-Eleven convenience store in Don Muang district, police said yesterday.

Jirapron Kaewchai, an employee, said that at around 3am a man in black and wearing a white mask walked into the shop with a gun and shouted at her to give money to him.

Then another one dressed the same way came in and jumped on the counter and snatched two bottles of whisky. When they turned back one of them said they didn't want to hurt anyone.

Police said the two suspects parked their motorcycle in front of the shop. They were about 170 centimetres tall and wore white masks like those used as a symbol in political rallies. Police believe the men live in the area.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-06-25

I don't know where these people get their brains from. Asking them to take off the mask just encourage them to put it on. Why can't these politicians keep their mouth shut.

p.s. This goes for both red and yellow as well, I don't take sides here it not my country and I don't have the right to vote here.

Of course, contrary to what he says, Nattawat would like nothing more than for the white mask protesters to be discredited thanks to "hoax" mask wearers - assuming that is what they are - and this message is as much a call to those hoaxers to keep up the good work as it is anything else... but, that said, he does raise a valid problem that the white mask protesters are going to face if they continue protesting in the way they have been. Not as if they can rely on the police to uncover the real culprits.

To avoid confusion why does the government not require any one taking part in an anti-government protest to hand in a photocopy of their I/D card with their current home address, mobile phone number, e-mail and social network I/Ds added. Show goodwill and prove you really are an protesting against the government.

• Like 2

It's a veiled threat: "Don't cover your faces or we might arrest you as criminals" and everyone knows that the good and diligent Thai police would never arrest the wrong people so anyone in police custody must by definition be guilty.

• Like 2

Let us hope that no criminals are tempted to start wearing Thaksin-masks either, whilst carrying out their crimes, thus making it hard to differentiate honest ordinary working-criminals from international fugitives from justice, or former-PMs. rolleyes.gif

Perhaps DPM-Chalerm should be tasked with cracking-down within the traditional 90 days, on wearers of Thaksin-masks, as a precaution ? laugh.png

• Like 1

Dept. Commerce Minister, Pheu Thai party list MP and UDD leader Nattawut surely is an industrious fellow. I thought he'd still be on his tour explaining 'rice pledging' to farmers.

Anyway k. Nattawut should not have mentioned 'guy fawkes' masks only, but just 'all' masks. This to avoid those tricky 'double standards'. Mind you some of his fellow Pheu Thai MPs and fellow UDD members might be disappointed.

post-58-0-42577700-1372152482_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-53623200-1372152491_thumb.jpg

"cheesy.gif Mr. Nattawutcheesy.gif said he believed the recent robbery at 7-Eleven store by a group of thieves wearing Guy Fawkes masks has nothing to do with the Red Shirtcheesy.gif memberscheesy.gif or the government as they have no reasons to defame the protesters."cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifhit-the-fan.gif

I edited his quote a little bit.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, mr Nattawut, you should realise anyone against you is neither gullible or stupid enough to believe PT lies. They don't, for very good reasons, trust you and sure as hell aren't going to act like your stormtroopers by obeying your self serving commands.

Edited by Bluespunk

But they need the masks...otherwise it would be too obvious that it was just another tired old yellow shirt rally!

Even Dept Minister of Commerce, Pheu Thai party list MP and UDD leader Nattawut just asks anti-government protesters to consider to take of their masks as some non-red-shirt related vandals had 'guy fawkes' masks robbing a 7/11. Obviously that has nothing to do with 'tired, old non-red-shirt protesters'. Even a rich teacher should understand that, IMHO.

Of course the opposite is also true, red-shirts don't need masks to be recognized.rolleyes.gif

post-58-0-36051500-1372172067_thumb.jpg

Edited by rubl

yeah take your masks off,then we know who you are then expect a knock at the door ,,,,,,,,,,,hes bright isnt he,,what am i saying hes thai,,,,coffee1.gif

I think he should stick to things he understands about........like the rice pledging scheme......oh....OK....I think he should resign then as he doesn't seem to have anything worthwhile to offer!!

• Like 1

"Of course, K. Nattawut, since you are the voice of reason in the government we want to bring down and such a skillful people motivator, we will be happy to protest your government without mask or any other distinguishing characteristics (so people think we are just on a shopping trip). All you had to do is ask" \sarc