Pensions for Thai's

swissie

As I gather, Thai's that have worked for the "government", are entitled to an old-age pension. How much would that be? I assume it would also depend in what function/level one has worked before.

Foe example: What pension would a teacher receive?

Thanks & cheers.

I don't have a number - takes 25 years to qualify the amount is based on the last month salary and how many years over 25 they worked.

Most teachers make < 15000 per month so figure 10-13 maybe? Better health plan than just citizens too.

Very useful, but it looks like only "welfare" or "social security" safety net information for the general population rather than the pension schemes for government employees specifically.

The old age pension here only pays 15% or a bit over the ending salary rate - I'm sure government employees get much more than that, but don't know the details.

It may even vary from one type of civil service to the other, and knowing Thailand, most likely the higher-ranking officials do better than the lower ones even as a percentage.

Most decent Thai company's have some sort of lump sum payout when you leave ..... Even if your only there a few years , most start after some probationary period of 6 months or so and pay when you leave as soon or long as that might be.

My favorite Thai thing is that you can invest your income and get a tax discount and the Cap Gains on the profits are not taxed either so it's pretty much free money from the start all the way to the profits in the end.

The Thai version of your basic IRA or 401K is a WAY better deal

Edited by MrRealDeal