Restaurant/hotel/bar Manager Seeks Employment

Greetings all!

I have ten years in the service industry. Started off as a cook, moved to waitstaff, then bartender, and now for the last four years I've been in management. After a visit to the LOS last year I realised it is my destiny to live and work there. Beyond the bg's I love everything about Bangkok, the culture, the good AND the bad sides. I'm a buddhist at heart and felt very comfortable being in the heaven/hel_l that is Bangkok. Anyways, I'm looking for that big break to get started off there. I know how heavy the odds are against me, but I also know I will percevere. I just need a helping hand to get into the farang workforce. I currently live in California but will be back in Bkk in July job hunting, if a great opportunity presents itself, I'll stay then, but ideally I will come back to the states, wrap things up and plan on making the permanent move in Nov-Dec. If anybody has ANY leads or advice it would be most appreciated. I'm looking to stay in management, but I would gladly jump back behind the bar, or get on the line again cooking. I'd love to send my c.v. to anyone interested.

Thanks,

Nate

[email protected]

p.s. (I'm also a kick ass bar dj if that would help me anywhere!!)

Edited by natetron

You do not have any skills that Thai people already have therefore you are unfortunately of no real interest to local employers. Your only hope would be to reach very senior management level with a international chain i.e hilton, marriott, holiday inn or the like. And then hope you can get an assignment to Thailand. By the way being a kick ass in Thailand would help you little as the cool head always will prevail. Sorry I thought you would know this being a Buddist at heart - maybe not.

You do not have any skills that Thai people already have therefore you are unfortunately of no real interest to local employers. Your only hope would be to reach very senior management level with a international chain i.e hilton, marriott, holiday inn or the like. And then hope you can get an assignment to Thailand. By the way being a kick ass in Thailand would help you little as the cool head always will prevail. Sorry I thought you would know this being a Buddist at heart - maybe not.

Yep, I've got a tough road ahead of me. Oh, uh, by saying that I'm a kick ass dj in no way relates to actually kicking ass. Um, it's an expression. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, one of those cultural differences I guess.