Nationwide rice stocks to be inspected for missing 2.5m tons from Thai govt stockpiles

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never existed in the first place, MIRACLE thailand made disappear in the same way...

just imagine the gov putting 2.5 million times 15.000 baht on your account .... can u even count all the zero's?

thaksin got his money back already 100x fold

Meanwhile a rice warehouse under the governments rice pledging programme in Ayutthaya province caught fire and burned on Monday night.

Wonder if the rice had found a new home before the fire?

Composting fire?

So the score is 8k tons plus 6.5k tons and counting. A long way to go to reach 2.5 mn.

This will be a lot of fun. Old mother Hubbard will be turning in her grave.

What is all of the fuss about - mislaying 2.5 million tons is easily done!!!

I left my school cap on the school bus once 50 years ago, please tell me what is the difference!!!!

Is this government trying to break some sort of record as the most corrupt in the history of the human race? They don't even try to hide it anymore.

I think a few African governments would probably beat the current Thai government, but the current government (including, but not only, Thaksin) do have a few links to some corrupt African governments, so they are probably learning how to break that record.

How DO you move 2.5 MILLION tons of rice from Thailand to Dubai, anyway??? tongue.png

Can't have a certain family member there going hungry, now, can we?

Meanwhile a rice warehouse under the governments rice pledging programme in Ayutthaya province caught fire and burned on Monday night.

Wonder if the rice had found a new home before the fire?

Composting fire?

So the score is 8k tons plus 6.5k tons and counting. A long way to go to reach 2.5 mn.

This will be a lot of fun. Old mother Hubbard will be turning in her grave.

What is all of the fuss about - mislaying 2.5 million tons is easily done!!!

I left my school cap on the school bus once 50 years ago, please tell me what is the difference!!!!

Yes, but possibly someone "found" the cap, and you individually lost it. This I fear is going to be a case of it disappearing in short notice, as if by magic, to order. Not a soul in the world of a cast of thousands will know where it has gone.

My, my, you do have a suspicious mind!!

I am sure there is a perfectly valid explanation for this disappearance. It could be something as innocent as someone brushing it under a carpet.

By the way, I was extremely upset about losing that cap as it was my pride and joy. What's more, the person who found it didn't have the decency to return it to me and the loss scarred me for many years after!!

I am sure there is a perfectly valid explanation for this disappearance. It could be something as innocent as someone brushing it under a carpet.

By the way, I was extremely upset about losing that cap as it was my pride and joy. What's more, the person who found it didn't have the decency to return it to me and the loss scarred me for many years after!!

Angus Young?

Angus Young?

Please tell me whereabouts I can find him as I will give him something he won't have bargained for!!

Well to misplace 2,500,000 TONNES of rice takes a bloody big carpet and broom. Lol.

Angus Young?

Please tell me whereabouts I can find him as I will give him something he won't have bargained for!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Young

Is this government trying to break some sort of record as the most corrupt in the history of the human race? They don't even try to hide it anymore.

No government anywhere can beet the american and british governments when it comes to corruptness !.

No government anywhere can beet the american and british governments when it comes to corruptness !.

Funny, that's not what the data shows at all. Here's the website of the leading anti-corruption think-tank: www.transparency.org. Take a look at the "Global Corruption Perceptions Index" (I may not have that name exactly right). And, for your reader's sake, here is a link to an online dictionary so that in the future you could hopefully post in accordance with some standards of basic spelling/grammar/use: www.dictionary.com.

Edited by Unkomoncents

Well to misplace 2,500,000 TONNES of rice takes a bloody big carpet and broom. Lol.

Thats true!!! Maybe my theory is wrong and it was lost somewhere else then.

British government corrupt!!!

We probably have the least corrupt government in the world with the most honest police!!

I hate the incumbent Tories/Lib Dems and I am not particularly fond of the police, but this accusation of yours is total bunkum!!

However, the American government............... well that is a little bit more plausible.

Angus Young?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Young

Thanks, I'm on my way!!!!

British government corrupt!!!

We probably have the least corrupt government in the world with the most honest police!!

I hate the incumbent Tories/Lib Dems and I am not particularly fond of the police, but this accusation of yours is total bunkum!!

However, the American government............... well that is a little bit more plausible.

Agree. You only have to walk outside your door in Thailand to see rampant corruption at every level. We all know what goes on at the top in every country but your everyday person in UK, US etc is not corrupt.

I saw some good news and bad news yesterday.

The good news for Thailand is that rice exports from India, the world's second-largest grower, may decline this year from a record. The bad news is that buyers turn to cheaper supplies from Vietnam and Pakistan, according to a traders group.

The price of Indian parboiled rice, which accounts about 50% of the non-basmati exports, has been cut to US$415 a tonne from $435 a month earlier to cope with increasing competition, Rao said. Vietnam is offering 5% broken white rice at $370 a tonne, while the Indian variety costs $440, he said. Thailand's rice is at least $50 more than India, he said.